Dank Art and Jokes [Dragonheadskilax]

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Not sure why but the lineless pupils gives me a schoolhouse Rock quality. Glad you found another character that'll be your main. It's like me with Wilson and Wilba.

Those second drawings are just so wholesome.

Schoolhouse Rock.. havent heard that name in years. And Walter is the second character that made me feel real excited and interested in seeing, second to Wes. I really am looking forward to playing him! 

• Like 1

oh golly, i hope it doesn't sound too fanboyish but your art is why i decided to join the klei forums in the first place. i really adore the livliness of your line work, the comforting nostalgia of your atomic-era colouring, and of course the wesson haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gaymime said:

oh golly, i hope it doesn't sound too fanboyish but your art is why i decided to join the klei forums in the first place. i really adore the livliness of your line work, the comforting nostalgia of your atomic-era colouring, and of course the wesson haha

Thank you! I don’t mind at all! It’s so swell to hear this.. Here’s my carrd if you wanna know where else you could find me outside of DS stuff. Atomic-era.. haven’t heard that phrase in ages, and frankly you’re right my quick toony doodles do look similar in taste. I get my inspirations from whatever images I like from blogs that post about book illustrations and what-not from old sources (below is some examples)

687FD277-A3FE-4346-B400-970ED4164E24.jpeg

• Like 4

haha, sorry, i tend to be a bit eclectic in my terms, haha.

hm, i wonder if any of my older books might suit you. my flavor is more 1950's than 1920's but i think i have a book of edwardian poems, if i can find it would you be interested in a couple scans?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gaymime said:

haha, sorry, i tend to be a bit eclectic in my terms, haha.

hm, i wonder if any of my older books might suit you. my flavor is more 1950's than 1920's but i think i have a book of edwardian poems, if i can find it would you be interested in a couple scans?

You can be as excited as you want. And I would be interested in seeing the poems if you find them!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gaymime said:

would that be wise? those horns and the way the face goes out would certainly put a strain on the shoulders and clavicle

Cleary you don’t know my power with foam and paper mache. This’ll be like, my 5th costume. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Remind me where the origin of this ship came from?

AAA— I think you’re thinking of Wesdrake and the forest stalker.. This doodle is just Dr FrankenWil with a skeleton he unknowingly articulated incorrectly.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

The way you drew Wortox's head resembles a Scottish Terrier. Very interesting.

Terrier.. I do recall thinkin’ how Wortox’s face is like a dog when first released. In general Wortox pretty much has features that can lean more as a dog.. with the wider mouth and dark nose. I like that, a buncha mish-mash of features on an imp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SDragonhead said:

The botanist is real now

D2DF35B5-19DC-4B64-B173-A59AFC1A0336.jpeg

Throwback to my verdant design a long time ago

A91A2C24-B42B-4F85-907E-5D2A18FC784F.png

that is some record-speed cuteness right there~ he just needs to be careful not to break those glasses, there isn't much call for an optometrist in the constant

• Like 1