Wolfgang is better than Wigfrid. (probably)

3 hours ago, Toros said:

I don't, and I never claimed it was.  It is simply more cheerful and had I written the most this afternoon instead of at 1am last night I likely would've not included it at all.  While there is generally an implication that an alternative to a rude response will be less rude, I intentionally left a loophole so if I was called out on it I could fairly claim that I never said the rephrasing was at all less rude.

Oh well, that’s all right, then

On 10/7/2017 at 4:43 PM, minespatch said:

To me, the characters are cosmetic and have good abilities but maybe I see the game in a communistic view. All the characters have worth and there doesn't seem to need a competition. If people like Wolfgang and Wigfrid, good for them.

I just don't see this as a combat game unless people do pvp.

THANK.  YOU.

And dear god, I remember now exactly why I put Toros on my ignore list.  "No, I won't even let you PRETEND to have 'Everybody can get along'!  There HAS to be a right and a wrong and I'M OF COURSE RIGHT AND YOU WILL OBEY MY LOGIC!!!!!"

No.  We won't.  I have always, my entire life, rejected the idea that there HAS to be a competition and a Better and a Worse for everything and that absolutely everything has to be put into a hierarchy.  That there is no equal, just the rulers and the ruled.  Give up. Some of just don't think that way _and never will_.  There's THREE sides. The "Mine is better than yours!" side, the "No, MINE is better than yours!" side..and then there's the "I DON'T GIVE A CRAP JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME PLAY ALREADY!" side.  I reject the side that says I have to take a side.  ("Side" now no longer sounds like a word.)

Also stop talking to us like kindergartners, you smug, patronising pile of excrement.  :D

(For the rest of you...please please PLEASE stop quoting jerkfaces' entire messages* in your posts, if at all possible.  I know it's easier, but it negates the ENTIRE POINT of ignoring people in the first place!  I block a lot of these people for a _reason_--to retain what's left of my sanity!  So, at least put it in a spoiler tag or pale font or something.  Thanks.)

Ya see, newcomer?  You didn't know, but Toros's messages on this thread are EXACTLY the kind of thing that always gets brought out in these discussions!  Person 1 has Opinion 1, Person 2 has Opinion 2, they converse relatively politely...and then Person 3 comes in like a wrecking  ball Deerclops and just SMASHES it all to hell.  I personally stop listening to any player the second they start using phrases like "SO-AND-SO MASTER RACE!!!" unironically.  (And no, Toros didn't use those exact words...but the I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG NO MATTER WHAT _in general_ is implied all over.) It shows that the person saying it is probably too closed-minded to enjoy talking to in general, and they probably won't be fun to play with either unless you think the same way.

YOU didn't put it that way, you _politely_ said that you think Wolfgang is better.  Good for you!  I personally like playing Wigfrid and screw statistics because I think she's _fun_, but everybody is perfectly entitled to their opinion...until they try to BULLY others with it.

(cue Toros saying something about "of course you'd reject a hierarchy because you don't like your place in it!"  Again, can't accept something I don't even believe in.)

...Notorious

*How to Spot a Jerkface?  Simple--if not what they're saying, but HOW they're saying it immediately rubs you the wrong way and/or seems excessively rude.  On this forum, it seems pretention and talking down to the reader from On High are especially common symptoms.

@CaptainChaotica I'm curious do you even look at the thread or what toro completely said and apologized. Knowing you, you would say "those are crocodile tears, I show this person what for and make sure that I LET EVERYBODY KNOW HOW MAD I AM!!!!!!!!"  Not saying Toro did the right thing well because he didn't and he apologized for it. But being this is subjective and not opinion based, it doesn't matter what your opinion is. the only thing that matters here is numbers, you may not like the numbers and say that shouldn't matter but to some people they do. 

Now unless you have something to contribute after having your "episode" please leave

Now as far as I'm concerned with this thread I think skill level should be the only real factor here..because Wolfgang just really makes everything that is good, great. in any sceniro Wolfgang can out perform Wigfrid.

However I do think that if the player is not skilled that Wolfgang will have a lot of wasted potential and since you don't need to do anything special for Wigfrid as I don't think you could make her perform less because her bonunes are always with her. unless you really wanna say the helmet counts I'm not counting the spear because hambats easily outclass spears and even noobs know how to make hambats. 

so if you factor the skill of most of the DS fanbase I think wigfrid will be the better character for most players however the "veterans" will choose Wolfgang because he is better if its just a number game and they can use him to the fullest potential

@Donke60 you make an excellent point and I probably overestimate what an "average" player in don't starve is able to do.  Wigfrid is certainly easier to use effectively.

Design-wise I have some criticisms of both Wolfgang and Wigfrid.  Wolfgang's constantly scaling stats while mighty make it difficult to know how many hits it takes to kill something, which is rather annoying.  His downside of 1.1x sanity loss from darkness and insanity auras are completely negated by his increased consumption of crockpot meals and killing bosses twice as fast (effectively he takes around 0.55 as much sanity loss as Wilson would to defeat a boss,  not considering the extra hits he is able to get in due to speed).  This makes him rather more awkward than necessary to use and his downside really isn't a downside at all.

Wigfrid is very strong upon spawning, but she's probably the worst nightmare farmer due to her sanity gain on fighting and there are a lot of useful late game non-meat food items that she can't use (namely taffy and dragonpies, as they can be eaten faster than meat options and heal 40 hp)

I certainly see why she's so popular though as she effectively starts with midgame equipment with her damage boost, improved spear and armor.  I don't generally feel Wolfgang fully comes into his own while I play him until the first spring.  Much of fall is spent exploring and preparing for winter, but once spring comes I tend to make a dozen or so bee boxes and then food is never an issue again.  Wigfrid doesn't really have that delay, she feels powerful from day 1.

In my experience the real problem with Wolfgang is the people who play him. Despite her reputation I’ve never had trouble with Willows on my server, and always appreciate the Bernies they leave behind, but they are rare. Webber players are often clueless and get killed a lot. But the real jerks tend to be Wolfgangs who are competent enough to find the base with no help, then proceed to ransack it without asking, eating all the food, taking rare items, making a beefalo saddle with the last of the pigskins, riding a beef into the base leaving poop everywhere, etc. Despite Wolfgang’s vaunted battle prowess, they refuse to do anything useful like get rid of the spider queens that spawned from the nest the Webber planted two screens from the base before he got killed by pigs. But that doesn’t stop them from taking all the silk for god knows what purpose, because they usually leave the game suddenly, without dropping the tam and walking cane they wheedled out of you.

In fact, Wolfgangs act so much like teenage boys that I’ve often wondered if maybe most of them actually ARE played by teenage boys who like the strongman thing for the usual overcompensation reasons, but are also  lazy and entitled and expect to be fed and constantly praised despite not contributing very much, or anything. It’s gotten to the point where if someone joins my server as Wolfgang I start thinking it’s time to call it a day. Even when they’re the friend of a regular player, they’re usually pretty useless. Whereas Wigs are generally fine, happy to make helms and kill spiders, or even just go mine out the rocky biome if you ask. Wolfgangs boast about their mightness a lot, but that’s about it. It seems like the character either appeals to people with this sort of personality or maybe he just brings it out in them? I kinda hate him, tbh.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

Design-wise I have some criticisms of both Wolfgang and Wigfrid.  Wolfgang's constantly scaling stats while mighty make it difficult to know how many hits it takes to kill something, which is rather annoying

True but I think you can take a guess when most of your power has gone, as far as I know the form changes are in ranges so you can always make sure that you don't fall at a certain point but the damage I feel only comes into play when you fight big things. But it is not fun not knowing exactly where you are on the damage scale unless you use mods.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

I probably overestimate what an "average" player in don't starve is able to do.

true I usually say avarage player is a person you can survive 3 season effectivaly or just not die

however doesn't know how to fight tougher mobs well, cave exploration little if any and the magic tab would be only two items Nightmare sword and armor also would genrelly be slow at getting the magic tab open

2 hours ago, Toros said:

but she's probably the worst nightmare farmer

well I feel using nightmare equipment would solve this issue but it would be slightly slower

The nightmare amulet solves this issue perfectly however it has two problems

• it is rather expensive for most people most players I think will find it diffcuilt to make
  • and I don't think most players would also wait for one item to do most of there nightmare farming. but atleast it can spawn more nightmare creaters then normal

10 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:
Spoiler

In my experience the real problem with Wolfgang is the people who play him. Despite her reputation I’ve never had trouble with Willows on my server, and always appreciate the Bernies they leave behind, but they are rare. Webber players are often clueless and get killed a lot. But the real jerks tend to be Wolfgangs who are competent enough to find the base with no help, then proceed to ransack it without asking, eating all the food, taking rare items, making a beefalo saddle with the last of the pigskins, riding a beef into the base leaving poop everywhere, etc. Despite Wolfgang’s vaunted battle prowess, they refuse to do anything useful like get rid of the spider queens that spawned from the nest the Webber planted two screens from the base before he got killed by pigs. But that doesn’t stop them from taking all the silk for god knows what purpose, because they usually leave the game suddenly, without dropping the tam and walking cane they wheedled out of you.

In fact, Wolfgangs act so much like teenage boys that I’ve often wondered if maybe most of them actually ARE played by teenage boys who like the strongman thing for the usual overcompensation reasons, but are also  lazy and entitled and expect to be fed and constantly praised despite not contributing very much, or anything. It’s gotten to the point where if someone joins my server as Wolfgang I start thinking it’s time to call it a day. Even when they’re the friend of a regular player, they’re usually pretty useless. Whereas Wigs are generally fine, happy to make helms and kill spiders, or even just go mine out the rocky biome if you ask. Wolfgangs boast about their mightness a lot, but that’s about it. It seems like the character either appeals to people with this sort of personality or maybe he just brings it out in them? I kinda hate him, tbh.

I didn't want to enter the fray but I think this is kind of lazy way to tell if someone is good at the game or nice in general...(But I completely agree with the Webber players being clueless)

Not everyone is the same stereotype just because they play the same character as others.

14 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I didn't want to enter the fray but I think this is kind of lazy way to tell if someone is good at the game or nice in general...(But I completely agree with the Webber players being clueless)

Not everyone is the same stereotype just because they play the same character as others.

I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but just had what has to be the fourth Wolfgang ride into my base on a beefalo using a saddle made from pigskins I harvested by hacking away at werepigs all through the full moon. Then he disappeared, along with almost all of the gold and the only other tam. Same guy who, when I asked him to clear out the beef pod that had wandered into the pig village, said, “I dunno. That’s a hard job.” Same guy who picked dragonfruit to make pies and didn’t replant the farms, even though there were seeds right there in the fridge. When a Wolfgang drops by who actually lives up to the hype, I will be happy to revise my opinion, but so far they’ve all been a lot like this last one.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but just had what has to be the fourth Wolfgang ride into my base on a beefalo using a saddle made from pigskins I harvested by hacking away at werepigs all through the full moon. Then he disappeared, along with almost all of the gold and the only other tam. Same guy who, when I asked him to clear out the beef pod that had wandered into the pig village, said, “I dunno. That’s a hard job.” Same guy who picked dragonfruit to make pies and didn’t replant the farms, even though there were seeds right there in the fridge. When a Wolfgang drops by who actually lives up to the hype, I will be happy to revise my opinion, but so far they’ve all been a lot like this last one.

Well, to be honest I'm a decent wolfgang player but I avoid public servers like the plague.  I think many good players do because at best they are carrying poor players through the game, and at worst are being griefed and things are harder than if they were solo.

Wolfgang is an easy character to play selfishly though.  When I play I understand he consumes over double the food, so I build a bunch of bee boxes to compensate, and also use his boosted damage to farm stacks of monster meat and just generally try to contribute twice as much as anyone else because wolfgang is twice as powerful.

In the same way as old willow getting a bad reputation for burning down the base though, you're generally getting players who aren't good at playing their characters, and for Wolfgang that means they waste food.  Playing Wolfgang without knowing how to use him is selfish, it doesn't surprise me at all that it would attract people who are also selfish.

8 hours ago, Toros said:

Wolfgang is an easy character to play selfishly though.  When I play I understand he consumes over double the food, so I build a bunch of bee boxes to compensate, and also use his boosted damage to farm stacks of monster meat and just generally try to contribute twice as much as anyone else because wolfgang is twice as powerful.

In the same way as old willow getting a bad reputation for burning down the base though, you're generally getting players who aren't good at playing their characters, and for Wolfgang that means they waste food.  Playing Wolfgang without knowing how to use him is selfish, it doesn't surprise me at all that it would attract people who are also selfish.

My server is unpassworded and not up all the time, so it’s not “public” in the sense of the Klei servers where you get a ton of noobs and griefers.  We’ve had decent luck in randomly attracting people who are fun to play with, even when they’re inexperienced. I think the problem with Wolfgang in particular is that, in addition to being the kind of character that insecure kids find appealing, he’s touted as “the best” all over the Internet, so they come in acting like they’re God’s gift to the server. Like we couldn’t all be playing as Wolfgang if we wanted to! I’ve actually had one tell me “Don’t you know Wolfgang is the best character?” when I chewed him out for eating all the food and not contributing. 

On 10/9/2017 at 10:57 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Also stop talking to us like kindergartners, you smug, patronising pile of excrement.  :D

(For the rest of you...please please PLEASE stop quoting jerkfaces' entire messages* in your posts, if at all possible. 

I find it amazing how you call Toros a "bully", yet call him a "pile of excrement" and "jerkface" in your message.

There is a difference between a subjective opinion and an objective fact. For instance, the statement "I like playing Wolfgang" is subjective, whereas the statement "Wolfgang does more damage and moves faster than Wigfrid when full" is an objective fact.

Toros is merely stating that if the player is able to maintain mighty wolfgang (which can be easily accomplished by any intermediate player), he is objectively stronger than Wigfrid, as he is able to move faster, hit harder, and has higher health. This is an objective fact. I'm sure you won't deny that, for example, Wes is a weaker character than Wilson. Because objectively, in every single aspect, Wes is mechanically weaker than Wilson. This is simply what Toros is stating here.

"No, I won't even let you PRETEND to have 'Everybody can get along'!  There HAS to be a right and a wrong and I'M OF COURSE RIGHT AND YOU WILL OBEY MY LOGIC!!!!!"

When it comes to certain things, someone can be objectively right while someone can be objectively wrong.

For instance, someone saying "1+1 =2" is right, while someone saying "1+1 =3" is wrong. This is undeniable. Similarly, Toros is merely stating that mighty wolfgang is stronger than Wigfrid (which is true, in every aspect).

I do get where you're coming from though. Obviously if you compare someone saying "Wolfgang is more fun to play" with someone else saying "Wigfrid is more fun to play", then you are right - neither person is right or wrong here, as finding a character fun to play is a subjective opinion. On the contrary, 1+1=2 is an objective fact, and so the person saying "1+1=2" is right, and the person saying "1+1=3" is wrong. Similarly, Wolfgang having 2x damage vs Wigfrid's 1.25x, and 1.25x speed vs Wigfrid's 1.0x speed, is an objective fact.

No.  We won't.  I have always, my entire life, rejected the idea that there HAS to be a competition and a Better and a Worse for everything and that absolutely everything has to be put into a hierarchy.  That there is no equal, just the rulers and the ruled.  Give up. Some of just don't think that way _and never will_.  There's THREE sides. The "Mine is better than yours!" side, the "No, MINE is better than yours!" side..and then there's the "I DON'T GIVE A CRAP JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME PLAY ALREADY!" side.  I reject the side that says I have to take a side.  ("Side" now no longer sounds like a word.)

He isn't telling you how to play. Again, Toros never said "You should play wolfgang, playing Wigfrid is wrong." He was merely stating the fact that "(mighty) Wolfgang is stronger than Wigfrid." 

The issue is that you are taking offence to an objective statement. It's similar to an Everton fan taking offence from someone saying "Manchester United is playing better than Everton right now." He isn't saying "You should support Manchester United", he's merely stating a fact.

You have to be able to separate opinions from facts. Answers to "Which character is the most fun to play?" are going to be opinions, where no one is objectively right. It's like asking a group of people "What's your favourite colour?" Someone saying their favourite colour is black is not any more right or wrong than someone who says their favourite colour is blue. However, the question "What character is (mechanically) better?" does have a right answer. It's similar to "Which processor is bettter?" Someone who says that an intel i7 processor is better than an intel i5 processor is merely stating a fact, and is right.

I don't mean for you to take any offence to what I'm saying. I'm merely clarifying what Toros has said, and pointing out how you misunderstood his statements and took offence to it. I hope you can respect that.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

My server is unpassworded and not up all the time, so it’s not “public” in the sense of the Klei servers where you get a ton of noobs and griefers.  We’ve had decent luck in randomly attracting people who are fun to play with, even when they’re inexperienced. I think the problem with Wolfgang in particular is that, in addition to being the kind of character that insecure kids find appealing, he’s touted as “the best” all over the Internet, so they come in acting like they’re God’s gift to the server. Like we couldn’t all be playing as Wolfgang if we wanted to! I’ve actually had one tell me “Don’t you know Wolfgang is the best character?” when I chewed him out for eating all the food and not contributing. 

I think it's a very difficult argument to say which is the best of Wicker, Wx, and Wolfgang simply because they have such different abilities.  Wolfgang though is definitely the most difficult to play effectively of those three.

You're probably right that he appeals to insecure inexperienced players but again, I avoid unpassworded servers because I don't want to deal with idiots and griefers.  I put that policy into place when Willow still started random fires while insane.

It sounds like you don't have enough bee boxes though if some random Wolfgang can put a dent in your food supply, but I'd absolutely ban someone who responded that way while being useless.

I have two bee boxes, but mostly forget to harvest them. I’m playing as Wicker because the two people I play with most often are Wicker mains and I wanted to see the game from their perspective. I decide to build a big plantation with dragonfruit and pumpkins (a surprisingly underrated food), partly for the looks, I admit. It provides plenty of food. It’s more the principle of the thing with him picking dragonfruit and not replanting it, like a teenage boy drinking from the milk carton and not putting it back in the fridge. It’s not like he had to get seeds from the bird. The seeds were right there in the fridge next to the farm. I may be playing Wicker but I am NOT your mom!

The gold and pig skins are another matter. I didn’t realize he’d taken them until he left, although I was pissed about the saddle, since taming a beef is such a long-term investment and he clearly just wanted to ride it into the base and “impress” everyone.

By contrast, the Wig who joined, despite having very little English, replaced everything s/he took from the chests, made me a half dozen helms , went mining for more gold in the caves when the Wolfgang disappeared with our stash, and built a base at the Oasis. (Gotta love these Brazilian players!) Would rather have this person back than 100% of the Wolfgangs who have ever visited. And I say this as someone whose server has only very rarely been griefed. 

I know these “Wolfgang Reigns Supreme” threads are supposed to be providing useful information for “new players,” but I do wonder about the effect they really have on those players when they give so many of them such a ludicrous sense of entitlement. 

7 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I have two bee boxes, but mostly forget to harvest them. I’m playing as Wicker because the two people I play with most often are Wicker mains and I wanted to see the game from their perspective. I decide to build a big plantation with dragonfruit and pumpkins (a surprisingly underrated food), partly for the looks, I admit. It provides plenty of food. It’s more the principle of the thing with him picking dragonfruit and not replanting it, like a teenage boy drinking from the milk carton and not putting it back in the fridge. It’s not like he had to get seeds from the bird. The seeds were right there in the fridge next to the farm. I may be playing Wicker but I am NOT your mom!

The gold and pig skins are another matter. I didn’t realize he’d taken them until he left, although I was pissed about the saddle, since taming a beef is such a long-term investment and he clearly just wanted to ride it into the base and “impress” everyone.

By contrast, the Wig who joined, despite having very little English, replaced everything s/he took from the chests, made me a half dozen helms , went mining for more gold in the caves when the Wolfgang disappeared with our stash, and built a base at the Oasis. (Gotta love these Brazilian players!) Would rather have this person back than 100% of the Wolfgangs who have ever visited. And I say this as someone whose server has only very rarely been griefed. 

I know these “Wolfgang Reigns Supreme” threads are supposed to be providing useful information for “new players,” but I do wonder about the effect they really have on those players when they give so many of them such a ludicrous sense of entitlement. 

I'm going to have to disagree with you on pumpkins, though wickerbottom can dramatically boost farm production.

A bee box can produce 6 honey per box per day with no effort involved beyond needing to harvest it.  Scale that up to 10 bee boxes and you have 600 hunger per day if you just eat the honey raw.  Honey lasts 40 days and can be turned into taffy and honey poultices,  allowing you to easily manage all three stats from a single resource.  Wicker can theoretically get more from farms using her book and planting dragonfruits but I don't know if it's worth the effort.

Still, especially in a public server I'd probably want to be drowning in food and resources whenever possible.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on pumpkins, though wickerbottom can dramatically boost farm production.

A bee box can produce 6 honey per box per day with no effort involved beyond needing to harvest it.  Scale that up to 10 bee boxes and you have 600 hunger per day if you just eat the honey raw.  Honey lasts 40 days and can be turned into taffy and honey poultices,  allowing you to easily manage all three stats from a single resource.  Wicker can theoretically get more from farms using her book and planting dragonfruits but I don't know if it's worth the effort.

Still, especially in a public server I'd probably want to be drowning in food and resources whenever possible.

Whether you agree on pumpkins or honey usage or not isn’t relevant. I didn’t ask for your advice on that and don’t need it; I said that we don’t have a food shortage, and that the pig skins and the gold were a bigger issue.

But however I choose to run the base I’ve built, the issue is the behavior I’ve observed in every Wolfgang player who has dropped in. It’s not important whether you think dragonfruit farms are “worth it” or not. What is at issue is that if you come to someone’s base and pick their crops and eat them AND there are seeds for those crops in the icebox, you replant them. (I would also —gasp!— ask first before picking someone else’s crops because they could be building up a seed bank.) It’s just basic consideration. As I mentioned above, the Wig who visited the server made a point of replacing everything she took from the chests and leaving a half dozen helms while she was at it. And that, generally has held true for most of the Wig players who visit our “public” server. It’s not a big sample, and is generally pretty quiet, but that’s what I’ve observed. 

Wow. I didn't think anyone really cared  that much about character choice. I just like Wigfrid because she's boisterous and funny, plus having spears and helmets on ready access is helpful. Wolfgang is cool too because he lifts weights and is a macho-manly man with a fear of spiders. I guess it really depends on the person; frankly everyone has their own favorite characters. I started off with Wendy, then Wigfrid, now I'm giving Winona a try. I don't see why these conversations have to boil up like this.

26 minutes ago, royale. said:

Wow. I didn't think anyone really cared  that much about character choice. I just like Wigfrid because she's boisterous and funny, plus having spears and helmets on ready access is helpful. Wolfgang is cool too because he lifts weights and is a macho-manly man with a fear of spiders. I guess it really depends on the person; frankly everyone has their own favorite characters. I started off with Wendy, then Wigfrid, now I'm giving Winona a try. I don't see why these conversations have to boil up like this.

You’re absolutely right, but for some reason this topic gets people very worked up. And, so, I’m afraid, do the jerkish things people do when you open up your server! But most of the visitors who come by my server are perfectly fine, and a few are great. I do suspect that the neverending drumbeat about Wolfgang’s superiority is attracting a... bad element to the character. It’s really noticeable how much worse they behave than the players who choose other characters.

4 minutes ago, royale. said:

I don't think anyone has actually expressed any preference for someone else playing one character or another, the consensus is that we're fine with people playing who they want.

That entirely separate though from which character is mechanically stronger, which is what the OP was discussing.  Everyone is capable of beating every challenge so it really doesn't matter who is on your team.

22 hours ago, royale. said:

It's always been a problem.  I remember calling out someone else who did a thread like this and I was practically raked over the coals for it.  Though I guess people are ready to admit that they're tired of this topic now.  Though I suspect it's because the person making the topic prefers Wolfgang over Wigfrid.

1 hour ago, LuxuryHeart said:

It's always been a problem.  I remember calling out someone else who did a thread like this and I was practically raked over the coals for it.  Though I guess people are ready to admit that they're tired of this topic now.  Though I suspect it's because the person making the topic prefers Wolfgang over Wigfrid.

I don't think the OP expressed preference for either character, he just realized that Wolfgang has the potential to be mechanically superior.  Literally no one has said "don't play Wigfrid, play Wolfgang". @Rellimarual has had bad experiences with random Wolfgang's joining his server, but if his hypothesis is correct (and it seems plausible to me) Wolfgang is attracting undesirable players.  If they played someone else there's no way to be sure they wouldn't behave just as badly.

There was a time where people legitimately did not like people playing Willow on their server because they had a tendency to accidentally burn down bases.  This was before the rollback system so it was understandable, though I personally never had an issue.

There is some definitely valid discussion going on here, but I can't help but think this what I see whenever I enter a Wigfrid vs Wolfgang thread

k90d0KB.png

On a more serious note, Wigfrid is much better for chilling and socializing on public servers. She's very self-sufficient which means you can be a pretty lazy potato and survive while still helping out other players with little to no effort.

44 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

k90d0KB.png

which side is which?

45 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

On a more serious note, Wigfrid is much better for chilling and socializing on public servers. She's very self-sufficient which means you can be a pretty lazy potato and survive while still helping out other players with little to no effort.

that is true she would be  good carry, but wolfgang could do the same, but I guess as wigfid people will think your not being greedy to feed yourself.

Archived