Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Oxygen Not Included - Oil Upgrade Available Now!

DayDreamer    0

Hello dear guys and gals,

any word on: Do we have to go New-game for the new biomes to be available?

Thank you.

Edited by DayDreamer

Grimgaw    523
7 minutes ago, DayDreamer said:

Short: yes

Long: how would you imagine adding biomes in existing save?

DayDreamer    0
9 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Short: yes

Long: how would you imagine adding biomes in existing save?

Asking the user about "Are you okay risking regenerating the map and possibly destroying your base?" I supposed one could recalculate everything above the radius of n-blocks, from the initial spawn point.

Risu    500
8 minutes ago, DayDreamer said:

Asking the user about "Are you okay risking regenerating the map and possibly destroying your base?" I supposed one could recalculate everything above the radius of n-blocks, from the initial spawn point.

The world generator was changed so it wouldn't remotely generate the same world anyways.

• Like 1

Michi01    1773
28 minutes ago, DayDreamer said:

Even longer answer: If you're not above using debug mode, you could use it to spawn the new things into your old world. It wouldn't be the same as a naturally generated world with the new features though and you couldn't do it without spoiling yourself about new features, which I'm gonna assume you want to avoid.

manu_x32    56
36 minutes ago, DayDreamer said:

Thank you greatly guys, I predict this is going to be a frequently asked question. Perhaps it's wise to put the answer somewhere in bold letters :3

Since it's and early access games with very frequent and pretty big updates, I tend to not get too attached to my games, knowing that I will need to start a new one at every update. And if I don't have time for a new game, I just test the new features in debug mode to keep up to date.

minespatch    85416
1 minute ago, Corey said:

There is now :)

It has a atomic age look to the aesthetic. Love how the posters get more gritty and golden book as the aesthetic grows. Quite a huge leap from the cleaner first trailer/teaser.

• Like 1

NotenKi    7

I'd like to state the Naptha or rather Naphtha

This site is hilarious to use,  all becasue I just wanted to make sure I got his correct spelling I'm now stuck with a problem that can't be deleted in this message.. what a kick!   how unthoughtful can the site be..  

oh well 

5 hours ago, Cheerio said:

this is a joke  now..  hehe

I'm unable to get out of it   lol   on me..  oh well I wanted to state that in the oil industry  Naptha is a wonderful product  with lots of uses. but you can use it to clean your equipment of oil and crude spots  can easily use it to add to your fuel for more go power, I think it could be added to bunker fuel for ships even to use less of the bunker fuel product they used to use to fire there boilers.  Years ago prior to any known issue with cancer or other disease it was a great product with tons of uses..  back in the day when you could use tyelnol to your hearts content.. before lawyers  got ideas.. oh well at least I got out of the glorious  text that it used .

oh yea  can we please have a way to store those pills   Hatches love them and you can't pick them up for storage!

Risu    500
1 hour ago, TylerThailand said:

Did they increase the spawn rate of geysers and ruins?  I found 1 steam, 1 chlorine, 2 natural gas geysers and 4 ruins all just within a screen of my main base.

There is no spawn rate of geysers. You're just missing the remaining steam geyser now.

Jofe    1

I'm experiencing a lot of random crashes since the update. I don't think I ever crashed with the previous versions so getting so many crashes from just playing the game is disheartening. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Cheerio    2685
1 hour ago, Jofe said:

I'm experiencing a lot of random crashes since the update. I don't think I ever crashed with the previous versions so getting so many crashes from just playing the game is disheartening. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

If you are still getting crashes after 236191, could you please post them in the bug tracker?

kryst415987    1

Does anyone know how to get germs out of water? I tried filtering the polluted water like usual, however comes out "clean water" but still has food poisoning germs so not so "Clean".

What am I doing wrong?

WanderingKid    493
17 minutes ago, kryst415987 said:

Does anyone know how to get germs out of water? I tried filtering the polluted water like usual, however comes out "clean water" but still has food poisoning germs so not so "Clean".

For food poisoning?  You have to heat up the water to high heat, as mentioned by Risu above.  There's a number of approaches, such as aquatuner boilers, using the built in tepidizer (I don't like that one, too much power for too little gain because of the cold drip bugs), or just storing it down near magma/oil... which + aquatuner makes for a high-speed boiler apparatus AND you can cool your petro!

kryst415987    1
10 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

For food poisoning?  You have to heat up the water to high heat, as mentioned by Risu above.  There's a number of approaches, such as aquatuner boilers, using the built in tepidizer (I don't like that one, too much power for too little gain because of the cold drip bugs), or just storing it down near magma/oil... which + aquatuner makes for a high-speed boiler apparatus AND you can cool your petro!

Okay thanks guys I will try that one. Appreciate the help.

brummbar7    513

@kryst415987  Or just don't use germy fresh water for making food or washing hands.  Then you don't need to sterilize it at all, since the only way to catch food poisoning is by eating contaminated food.

Jofe    1
On 10/6/2017 at 1:54 PM, Cheerio said:

If you are still getting crashes after 236191, could you please post them in the bug tracker?

Haven't been able to play too much, but so far so good. Thank you.

kryst415987    1
4 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

@kryst415987  Or just don't use germy fresh water for making food or washing hands.  Then you don't need to sterilize it at all, since the only way to catch food poisoning is by eating contaminated food.

Ah good to know, another question. Is there a problem having a morb in my base with slimelung? is there a chance of contamination?

brummbar7    513
8 hours ago, kryst415987 said:

Ah good to know, another question. Is there a problem having a morb in my base with slimelung? is there a chance of contamination?

The main danger of slimelung is in the presence of PO2, where it multiplies.  If he's free-roaming, you'll want to spread deodorizers around the area.   But as far as I can tell, as long as you keep the oxygen purified, the slimelung he gives off won't be enough to cause any harm.