Increasing Quacken Spawn Rate

WhatAChamp

I've read on the wiki that the timer between quacken spawns is 20 days but I noticed that there's an option in the world settings to put quacken to "more" or "lots". Does this decrease the number of days you need to wait before spawning it again? If so, by how many?

It probably just increases the chance he'll spawn when you're using trawl nets; which honestly, would be a good thing unless you enjoy regularly using trawl nets, because with the base rate I got unlucky and went through like 10 without a spawn. And that's just a pain in the neck.

That being said, I wouldn't know for sure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lots just totally removed the respawn timer.

That could be the case. So far it's only taken me two trawl nets to summon him in both my playthroughs with it bumped up to "more". I don't really want to waste the time of trawling 5-10 times again if I don't know if the spawn timer is affected though. Thanks for the response.

No, it doesn't reduce the time Quacken spawns, although it should. The bug is caused by a typo in krakener

Spoiler

function Krakener:SetCooldownModifier(respawn)
 --self.cooldown_mod = appear or 1.0
 self.respawn_mod = respawn or 1.0
end

"self.respawn_mod" should be "self.respawn_time_mod" 

Archived