Are Rainbow Jelly Fish Overpowered?

YumoS

I think that rainbow jellyfish are a really easy way of healing and restoring hunger also it gives light for the night. You can obtain them in mass at night near the volcano. Also they dont even have any shocking abilities like normal jellyfish. Basically there is no negative effect of them which makes them unbalanced.

Maybe they should add a downside to them to balance all the positive effects. Maybe kind of sickness after consuming more than 3 or you get poisoned after an amount. Or they should restore less health . What do you think?

It may looks OP as first but with each jellyfish killed there is a chance of spawning crocodog/sharx. Unless you are willing to spend days fighting crocodog/sharx and repairing boat, it is usually not worth abusing the jellyfish. 

21 hours ago, Mday said:

It may looks OP as first but with each jellyfish killed there is a chance of spawning crocodog/sharx. Unless you are willing to spend days fighting crocodog/sharx and repairing boat, it is usually not worth abusing the jellyfish. 

It's not like a couple crockodogs or sharxs are much of a threat anyway...

On 10/26/2017 at 1:50 PM, Maximus_A_874 said:

The rainbow jellyfish shouldn't shock you, after all it's counterpart IRL is The Golden Jellyfish.

Golden Jellyfish is like mobile seaweed, it doesn't have tentacle that shock you.

It will be dumb change this

Realism is just a terrible excuse in a game like this...

Are rainbow jellyfish overpowered? Yes, they are. Should the devs change them? No, not really.

I mean, in the Shipwrecked there is a lot of easily accessible food, healing is also easily accessible. And the rainbow jellyfish are just fun. I can't explain it - they are just cool little addition to the game. And yes - they give light.

If you really need to "balance" them, just make them shock you. But really I don't see the point.

Archived