Sign in to follow this  
McMatthew

McMatthew Does Some Drawings

McMatthew    22

I don't usually stray into this part of the forum, although I really should because every thread is incredible. Anyway, I've decided to put my own spin on the characters in Don't Starve.

Wilson

post-5004-1376459074155_thumb.jpg

I kind of had the Blair Witch Project in mind when I did this. By the way, that film isn't worth the hype.

Wendy & Abigail

post-5004-13764590868064_thumb.jpg

Willow

post-5004-13764590990171_thumb.jpg

It's like Little Red Riding Hood, if you see what I mean.

Maxwell

post-5004-1376459074035_thumb.jpg

The more I look at this one, the less I like it, so I'll probably redo it at some point.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Edited by McMatthew
  • Like 1

Snob    1,272

Thanks all. any suggestions for who I should draw next?

Wilson is near a campfire in the night; and something is lurking in the shadows!

McMatthew    22

Wilson is near a campfire in the night; and something is lurking in the shadows!

Alright, I'll give it a go. Don't hate me if I just give up, I have a short attention span.

Snob    1,272

This is going to be exciting; I don't know what to expect.But I know it will be amazing!

McMatthew    22

Here it is, kind of. Tried to make it look like the light of the fire was shining on his face, but I couldn't think of what to put lurking in the background. Glowing eyes seemed a bit unoriginal. Would like to here anyone's suggestions though. post-5004-13764590741968_thumb.jpg

Edited by McMatthew
  • Like 1

Raven Crow    3,403

Is that working now?

yup and it creeps me out when i scroll down .is it just me , or maxwell that we know is looks g man from half life.

Snob    1,272

Wow, I did not expect that.It's still really creepy; I love it more than I actually imagined!

jujubomber    30

Here it is, kind of. Tried to make it look like the light of the fire was shining on his face, but I couldn't think of what to put lurking in the background. Glowing eyes seemed a bit unoriginal. Would like to here anyone's suggestions though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2680[/ATTACH]
I was completely caught off guard when I first saw it. Looks good! :D Maybe add some hands reaching for him in the background? I dunno.Also, you up for drawing Wendy?

McMatthew    22

Referencing Snob's G-man (mass effect right?)comment and blindly charging in, "control is a means of survival*.

I think G-man is from Half Life, isn't he? And yeah I'll draw Wendy next.

Referencing Snob's G-man (mass effect right?)comment and blindly charging in, "control is a means of survival*.

How could you confuse Mass Effect with Half Life?! Argh! I'm going to kill you in the slowest and most painful way possible! Feather duster tickle time!

McMatthew    22
post-5004-13764590868625_thumb.jpgHere's Wendy (No Shining joke intended). But yeah, I had the creepy twins from The Shining in mind. Did this with ink, and tried to make Abigail look a bit more ghostly by being less precise with my brush and making her face look a bit creepier (she's the one on the right). Hope you like it.
  • Like 1

McMatthew    22

Thanks very much, I probably should have made more of an effort to make it actually look like Wendy, but I didn't want to use a lot of colour so I couldn't give her blonde hair or a red skirt.

jujubomber    30

I really like the creepy effect the fading ink has. I think though that there should be some more darker lines on Wendy's clothes around major creases, similar to what you did for where the hair overlaps with her face. Keep up the good work! :)