Coffee Plant cant be fertilized

Partymania1

So after i got myself some coffee plants, i placed them on lava turf and fertilized them with ash, i could harvest them for 5 times or so. But when they got withered I could not get them back to the normal state, i tried ashes, manure and rot of which only ashes allowed me to click on them but when i did i get the message: "It needs just a touch more of fecal assistance, I'd say".  This refers to manure or rot as a fertilizer but the problem is it wont allow me to fertilize them...  So this is my problem, let me know if I'm doing something wrong. O and by the way I'm playing on the beta Don't Starve.image.thumb.png.e064d2fb1e60b97397d2689d9a37de40.pngow

if I'm doing something wrong or is this a bug? 

Partymania1

image.png

2 hours ago, cptCalavera said:

If I remember correctly you need more than one ash per bush to fertilize? Or it might be a bug. Any mods installed that might conflict with this?

I've been doing ok with just one ash. Perhaps it depends on the season, since my cacti need to be refertilized at the beginning of Mild season?I

I hope you'll be streaming the beta tomorrow, Cpt!

Coffee is just that weird.
Usually you need to fertilize it once after every harvest, but on some worlds you get a couple of harvests and then need to fertilize every bush 5 times. It's been around since coffee was added. Devs are looking into this, according to newest SW patch notes.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:43 AM, Rellimarual said:

Keep Fire Packim nearby to roast the beans, and while you're at it pop bits of rot you've collected into him and you'll always have plenty of ash.

this is such a cool tip.

2 hours ago, Mday said:

this is such a cool tip.

Just be sure none of this is too close to your base or other valuable flammables. If a crocodog attacks him, Packim will spit fire, setting the croc aflame and potential anything else in the vicinity while the croc runs around like crazy. Fortunately coffee plants don’t burn, so it’s safe to keep him near them.

Archived