Sign in to follow this  
burfl

Heads up devs, possible Win 8 issues

burfl    13

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. Feel free to move it, but I felt this was the most appropriate place.I am currently running the consumer preview of Windows 8. Don't Starve has been running great until tonight. I logged in to find that Windows had decided it was going to restart to install and configure a "security update". It bothers me that there was no choice to postpone, but I digress.After restarting, the game will no longer play. It "loads the executable" and then just sits there doing nothing. I have closed and reopened both the tab and the entire browser several times. I have tried running both the desktop and Metro versions of Chrome. No dice.Not so much a "bug" on your part, but it would seem that the new security update has broken NaCl. I will try another NaCl app and see if the issue persist there, then report back.

burfl    13

I tried two of the other apps from the "app gallery" on Google's Native Client page and both tabs became unresponsive and crashed on multiple attempts. I am so sad. Will probably be reverting to Win 7 tomorrow. I need my Don't Starve fix. :(

burfl    13

Another update, I uninstalled everything from Windows Update that was installed on today's date and Don't Starve seems to be running fine now. I didn't systematically remove each one, since a restart is required, but the updates delivered today seem to be the cause. I wish I had written down the numbers, too :(

Kevin    673

Thanks for the heads up! We don't have any win8 boxes in-house yet, but you're right - if the problem is with NaCl itself, we will have to wait for a Google fix. They tend to update pretty often, at least, so we shouldn't have to wait too long.

Sign in to follow this