V2C

[Game Update] - 233071

Recommended Posts

Chris1448    12,862
1 minute ago, landromat said:

she's already in game

I'm well aware. I'm referring to the fact that mostly everybody finds her perks kind of lackluster.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
landromat    1,592
Just now, Chris1488 said:

I'm well aware. I'm referring to the fact that mostly everybody finds her perks kind of lackluster.

she's better than Wilson. Why nobody ask for Wilson rework?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lumina    2,134
6 minutes ago, landromat said:

she's better than Wilson. Why nobody ask for Wilson rework?

I think Wilson could do with a little something more. Not a rework, but more use for beard hair would be great, especially for modes when you can't build a meat effigy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris1448    12,862
15 minutes ago, landromat said:

she's better than Wilson. Why nobody ask for Wilson rework?

She's too close to Wilson gameplay-wise; she's got identical stats and 0 drawback. If Winona was meant to be a better Wilson then she would fit the package 100%. Wanna know why? Because everything that those two characters can do teamplay-wise can be easily replicated by others through beard hair and sewing kits. Wilson was meant to be a barebones, little to no stats character with the up/downside of shaveable insulation. Winona is sadly the same with her simple sewing kit for clothes. There's nothing unique there, or hell, even a downside. See what I'm sayin'? She needs something unique about her like with the rest of the cast, which I was hoping was gonna be repairable armor and tools due to how multi-purpose duct tape is made out to be.

 

tl;dr She is a better Wilson, and that's bad. Even Wilson has his drawbacks.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
landromat    1,592
1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

She's too close to Wilson gameplay-wise; she's got identical stats and 0 drawback. If Winona was meant to be a better Wilson then she would fit the package 100%. Wanna know why? Because everything that those two characters can do teamplay-wise can be easily replicated by others through beard hair and sewing kits. Wilson was meant to be a barebones, little to no stats character with the up/downside of shaveable insulation. Winona is sadly the same with her simple sewing kit for clothes. There's nothing unique there, or hell, even a downside. See what I'm sayin'? She needs something unique about her like with the rest of the cast, which I was hoping was gonna be repairable armor and tools due to how multi-purpose duct tape is made out to be.

 

tl;dr She is a better Wilson, and that's bad. Even Wilson has is drawbacks.

yes, i thought same too, but then i played with her for a year and changed my opinion. She is very pleasurable to play. Playing her gives you RAW don't starve expirience. No drawbacks, just play your don't starve and don't think about anything. I'm used to her quick craft very quick and i miss it playing other characters.  She is another great choice for novices. She is very nice to play with and i think she should be as she is. I hope she is not last character for DST and we will see interesting game mechanics for them, but Winona should stay as she is now

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, landromat said:

she's better than Wilson. Why nobody ask for Wilson rework?

Because Wilson is the vanilla character, he is the basic of basic, designed for newcomers of the game.

But having that said, I prefer Wilson over Winona, at least Wilson has a useful beard..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Because Wilson is the vanilla character, he is the basic of basic, designed for newcomers of the game.

But having that said, I prefer Wilson over Winona, at least Wilson has a useful beard..

i prefer wilson too .. his beard looks  stylish. and i dont really like winonas sounds.. remindes me of walani. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    3,005

With Blizzard dropping support for XP due to their certificate or something expiring, it makes me wonder if Klei will ever officially drop supporting it or try and keep it functional so those who can run it won't find themselves without the game to play later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3,075
7 hours ago, landromat said:

yes, i thought same too, but then i played with her for a year

She hasn't been out for a year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palecwsmalec1    939
17 hours ago, landromat said:

yes, i thought same too, but then i played with her for a year and changed my opinion. She is very pleasurable to play. Playing her gives you RAW don't starve expirience. No drawbacks, just play your don't starve and don't think about anything. I'm used to her quick craft very quick and i miss it playing other characters.  She is another great choice for novices. She is very nice to play with and i think she should be as she is. I hope she is not last character for DST and we will see interesting game mechanics for them, but Winona should stay as she is now

I'm one of those dudes that appreciates Winona too. However, it would be neat if she had some more special perks to do with her tape or more attack power. Her stats could use fine-tuning too, they're far too vanilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Residays    400
On 9/19/2017 at 12:22 AM, CarlZalph said:

With Blizzard dropping support for XP due to their certificate or something expiring, it makes me wonder if Klei will ever officially drop supporting it or try and keep it functional so those who can run it won't find themselves without the game to play later on.

Actually it's Microsoft's fault, they dropped XP & Vista support so since it's own creator did so there's no real reason for everyone else to keep giving it support.

But to be fair it scares me to think that one day, Microsoft will force us to use Operative Systems with a bunch of unnecessary and annoying unstoppable options.

Dang it...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now