Polluted

RyanandLink

(Hey everyone! I spoke to Ryan on Steam earlier today to try and find out what's up, since she's been absent for so long. Turns out that she is, in fact, not dead! She plans to continue with the RP soon, since she has some good ideas that she doesn't want going to waste. This thread should start picking back up once she finishes her college work, which shouldn't take too-too long.)

(Basically, get hype.)

Edited by WaddleDee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(ahem yes first of all SORRY for the absence, basically I got wired up into some other stuff, college, private and things got drawn out. Then last week my aunt also passed away x: 

BUT this isnt the place for that kinda stuff, I didn't lose interest in this RP or anything and am gladly willing to continue asap if anyone's still interested.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

(Conveniently placing Ker so we can get right back into it! Ker, you're now closer to the table where Ria and the rest are sitting. Make a move!) 

The bartender nodded her head and snickered. "Not like that, ye goofball. Where're ye from?" 

Daafite looked up in surprise when asked why she went into the tavern. "Oh.. uh, yes, you're correct, I'm not here for the drinks... " In the corner of her eye she saw Twent standing. She looked him in the eyes, then directly to his amputated arm- after which she jerked her head backwards in shock and gasped. "My...! What... happened to your arm..?" she tried to say as respectfully as she could.

• Like 1

There was a bittersweet smile on Twent's face. "Snake venom, ma'am. Slept in the wilderness and well... Taking the arm off eased me more than keeping the pain." He gave a shrug. "Fixed my coat up so it wouldn't show up much. Er..." He glanced the bartender up and down. "Daafite, right?"

".. 'Daaf'?" A short silence followed. "O-oh, as in, an abbreviation of my name... ha..." she laughed nervously.

Then all of a sudden, a little chameleon creature popped up next to her lap! Daafite gasped in alertness, then quickly calmed and placed her palm on his head. "My, what a handsome little fellow you are!" She looked at the people and creatures that had gathered around the table to come sit with her. "I must say.... I did not at all expect so many civil beings to come to this tavern."

While conversating, the group got more dirty looks and people whispering about them.

• Like 1

Nicholas raised an eyebrow when Ker popped back up. It struck him as a little odd that so many people that he'd recognized from the gate were now congregating around their table. Even if they were there because of the satyress, one would expect at least some degree of familiarity among them all. That didn't seem to be the case. And besides, what were the odds that so many non-human creatures had shown up in town in the first place? He absentmindedly traced small circles on the table's surface with his finger. Perhaps this entire encounter was fated?

He shook his head to himself and closed his hand. Fate had nothing to do with this. It was merely a coincidence.

Shortly afterwards, though, he became aware of the nasty looks directed towards their table and the whispers of increasing frequency. Nicholas sighed. He was willing to bet they weren't saying good things about them. Should worst come to worst, he could probably hold his own in a confrontation, but he was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. Besides, he really did want to know why the satyress was here in the first place. Deliberately avoiding the stares from those around them, Nicholas decided to try and begin a conversation before the others could take much notice themselves.

"Excuse me, fair Daafite, but would you mind my asking what on earth brings you to such a horrid place, if not for the drinks? Have you come here in search of something?"

Edited by WaddleDee
  • Like 1

Before answering Daafite's question, Twent glanced around the room. Noticing the shady character watching. "Came here due to recommendations. The guards told me this would be the best place to check." He noticed Nicholas talking and went silent for a bit. Head glancing down out of politeness.

Listening to Nicholas, Daafite took a deep breath and sighed. "Why yes, I came here in search of something..." she began, lifted up Ker to put him on her lap and started to pet him. "...You see, this land we live in is at stake. It's... sick. Tainted..." She looked up, then back down. "I... lost my dear kin to it. They didn't perish, but... got sick themselves..." She shook her head. "Anyways... I swiftly ventured out of my now-polluted home in search for aid- I was determined, desperate, to cure this horrid disease... however, the countless people that I have met were... just as putrid as the sickness I saught to heal. I began to lose hope... so I went here. The place where anybody is welcome. As I said, I am glad to know there are yet beings worth saving..." She cleared her throat. "That is why I came here."

A few groups of people started to leave the tavern.

Resting his head onto his arms and raising his legs from hanging off the edge of the stool into a squatting position, Durham looked up at the barkeep with a strange sense of distance, despite his home not actually being incredibly far away. He sat like this for a moment, occasionally shuffling and beginning sentences, who's ends were lost in the clutches of hesitation.

Eventually, some words gave way.

"Big cavern. Lotsa fun people, very nice. Many bad mans come though. Want gold." he said, trying to explain it as best he could.

"Better now though."

"Knowing by my arm's missing existence, I can relate to the plight of the people. Call it fate if you want but if this means it gives me something to do, I'll bring my only arm into the fray." Twent shifted his eye to the missing crowd. "Guess they weren't friends of yours?"

"A disease, you say?" Nicholas pondered Daafite's story. He was certainly no doctor, nor did he know very much about medicine at all. However, he wasn't one to resist a call to adventure. Helping a damsel in need was the knightly thing to do, of course!

"I would be honored to join you, fair Daafite, in vanquishing this evil and reclaiming your homeland." Nicholas stood up straight, pushing his chair backwards with a squeak. "No matter what it takes!"

“WHAT THIS VILE NOISE”

Durham didn’t like the sound of the wooden chair squeaking along the equally wooden floor. The resulting groan from the slide of the chair sounded like a colossal giant like a mile away so utterly bored with themseld that they decided to try and destroy their own eardrums with the most sickenly annoying sound they could possibly conjure up in this mortal realm.

It wasn’t pleasant, to Durham atleast.

”AUUAWWAAAAAAAAUUWWAA”

Daafite looked at her new comerades with a glister in her eyes. "I... thank you." She said. She was about to say something else when Durham started yelling. She looked back to see the beetle in distress. "Uhm- what seems to be bothering you, little beetle?" She asked confusedly while continueing to pet Ker.