Polluted

RyanandLink

Twent opened the door to the tavern. Seemed like the people in the line had arrived with a similar instinct... Except for himself. A empty seat at the counter was just what he needed for answers.

Hoping on the stool, Twent raised a unsure finger. "I'll take on that water. No cash on hand."

Nicholas scowled at the men. Truly despicable, to treat a defenseless woman like that! Especially one so meek-looking as herself. The injustice made his stomach churn. He took a breath, composed himself, and briskly strode over to the satyress, standing between her and the drunken men. Turning to them, he shot them the nastiest glare a 14-year old could possibly muster.

"Leave her alone, you ruffians!" His tone was dead serious (despite being slightly at odds with the message itself).

"Ohohohoh!" The man started. "And what're you 'unna do, li'l boy?" He didn't bother getting up, but the bartender already shouted "Ey! Calm it down there, you lot." After noticing the commotion.

The satyress looked down at Nicholas and on her face started forming a tiny smile. "I-it's okay. Y-you musn't waste your time with them." She managed to push through her lips. 

The bartender nodded at Twent. "Sure thin', mister." She grabbed a glass and filled it up, then gave it to him. "So howd'ya get that to happen?" She asked, looking at his amputated arm.

Edited by RyanandLink

"I got this by disease. Snake bit me while I was asleep while I shambled my way to this land. Speaking of which, I have no idea where I am." Twent took a gulp and glanced around at the cast.

"Saw these people and followed their way to the lines. Gatekeepers told me to come here."

"Psh. 'Course 'ey did. Anyway, sounds like a rough story. You're in Criss. The town o' opportunity." She said sarcastically. "Or so 'ey say." She added. "You got a name?" She asked and leaned her chin on the palm of her hand.

The satyress looked at Ria. "I... I overheard that the beverages are quite popular. Perhaps that's why." She then scanned around for an empty table and found one, pretty close to the bar itself where Twent and Durham were. "Uhm... do you two want to... sit over there?"

(GOSH DANGIT RYAN, I WAS LIKE JUST ABOUT TO POST.)

Nicholas' hand briefly brushed by the side of his belt, but he clenched it into a fist and lowered his head. The satyress was right, unfortunately. It wasn't worth the trouble to confront these men. It didn't exactly feel right, but then again, the alternative would probably be a fight...and getting kicked out was the last thing he wanted to do.

He was already feeling a little foolish, so he elected to step back and sit down next to her. Only to then, of course, find out they planned to move tables anyways. Oh well. It was probably for the best, he thought, glancing back over at the drunken men.

"Yes. That would be much appreciated."

• Like 1

Durham nodded his head vigorously, his expression unchanging. He had decided that getting free things was always good, and that he probably had no control over where his luck built up to. 

Looking around, he observed the other  customers in the tavern, listening into their senseless yelling and the hearty laughs. He quite liked this place. It was different. 

"Uh, pretty sure the goat thin' was askin' her friends 'ere, but alright." She informed Twent as he went. She then looked at Durham. "Well ain't you a cute li'l bugger." The bartender filled another glass and shoved it in his face. "And what's your deal then?"

"M-my name?" She asked. "Daafite... I am Daafite." There was a small silence, after which she looked up in surprise. "O-oh! A-and what are your names?" She quickly added, looking at both Nicholas and Ria.

(a bit of clarification, Twent wasn't actually mentioned by Daafite, she proposed to Nich and Ria to sit at a table near the bar, which is close to where Twent/Durham are, sorry if that was confusing. Also Pax, when you put "he followed her curiously" do you mean he just followed her into the bar, or followed her into the bar and then stuck close?)

Edited by RyanandLink
  • Like 1