Polluted

RyanandLink

"Ey... ey! Lizard! Get down here! Tha's off limits for things like you!" the guard sighed and pinched between his eyes. "Why do we have to do this job?" he asked his colleague, who shrugged and wrote down "lizard thing" as race. "Next..."  Next in the line were Ria and Nicholas. "Name, age and.... ahh balls to it, y'know what I need to let ye in."

As Durham was nibbling on his metally coins, he bumped into the large, axed man from earlier. "Hey, watch where ye're..." He saw that it was Durham who he walked into. "Going. Oh, you're the one a' them new ones. Heh. Word a' advice, ya should definitely take a look inside the town's tavern. It's a great place to begin looking for whatever ye need, trust me." he told him, pointed at the tavern, pushed him in the right direction and went on his way. "Good luck, bug."

(AND here's a map of the current area, hopefully that'll make things a bit clearer!

Spoiler

59cc2fc296b86_Polluted-Criss.png.61117dcb4d9d13bfba2bb16d1fbd0b77.png

)

Edited by RyanandLink
  • Like 5

(Ahhh, thank you for the map. I must admit, I was fairly confused as to my location for a little while. *cough*)

Nicholas smirked. For being guards, they sure didn't seem to appreciate their jobs very much. Although, judging by who was coming in, and how the guards seemed to treat events like this as an everyday occurrence, he really couldn't blame them.

He patiently waited for Ria to finish, while silently rehearsing what he would say once it was his turn.

• Like 3

@Paxtonnnn...? )

Thanks for the map too, just was waiting for a moment to jump in. You might want to put the map in the first post.)

Twent slumped and sighed. Glancing up with helplessness. He turned to look at the knight and Ria, seeing that KEr was in their minds as well. Twent wasn't sure why e had a focus on Ker except that they both were strangers confused by this land.

The guard wrote Ria's information down. "Heh. Ye'd be surprised at what comes through these gates at times." He said, glancing at Ker. "'Anyways, you're through. Your turn, boy." He said to Nicholas. "And hurry it up please, I got other work to do."

The guard frowned his eyebrow when Nicholas said he was a squire, but just wrote his info down as well, allowing him to pass.

While the town was pretty packed and seemed pretty normal at first, upon closer inspection there seemed to be a distinct lack of creatures other than humans. In fact, the few that were in the group were the only ones. They got quite a few dirty looks.

Despite this, one shy-looking Satyress could be seen a bit further down the road. She glanced around, uncomfortable being in such a big crowd, and walked into the large tavern.

• Like 2

The guard was surprised by Twent's concern, and looked like he had something on his mind. "...Hmmph. Finally someone who appreciates hard work." He swiftly got closer to Twent's ear and whispered "Be careful in there. I 'unno what business you got in the town, but keep in mind, it ain't as pretty as it looks." then pushed him through the entrance shouting "Now begone before I have ye thrown out!"

Nicholas quietly slipped through the gate while Twent spoke with the guard. Honestly, he was glad to be out of the spotlight. It always felt a little awkward having to explain himself to adults. The disapproving look the guard had given him didn't help things much, but at least he was finally inside. He breathed a quick sigh of relief and went about his business.

While wandering the streets, he spotted the satyress duck into the town's tavern. He'd seen a lot of strange races already, but a satyr was definitely an oddity, especially in such a crowded city. Certainly worth checking out. Curiously enough, though, a few of the other people he had seen in line earlier seemed to have the same idea, as they were now making their way towards the building as well.

Nick shrugged and walked towards the tavern, hoping that his relatively young age wouldn't attract much notice.

Ria didn't like being looked at like she was some sort of weirdo(bob). She could feel her insides tighten as she looked down at the ground. When she glanced up, she saw the satyress walking into the cavern.

There was no point standing outside, looking like part of a circus so she made her way into the tavern where she hoped there'd be more than just one or two non-human creatures.

• Like 1

Durham, seeing a couple people enter the tavern, finally realized that it was probably the place he was after all along, so he dashed along through the streets, being extra careful not to bump into anybody, stopping at the entrance to brush himself off, then using it for it's designated purpose, entering. 

(Sorry, was juggling doing some stuff)

The guard's collegue gave the one that advised Twent a frown, shaking his head. He sighed, and said "If ye want answers... the town's tavern could be a good place to start lookin' for 'em." seemingly ignoring his previous statement.

The inside of the tavern looked very warm and inviting. It was pretty packed, but it wasn't as crowded as it was on the streets- there was still a lack of foreign creatures though. In fact, only the Satyress was visible standing at the bar, looking uncomfortable. One man walked up to her and asked her something. Him and a few people then started laughing, after that he just sat down at his table again, taking a swig of his drink. She looked kind of confused and emberassed, then went back to standing around, looking at people. 

In the corner there's a large guy in slightly busted armor and a huge sword on his back, watching the scene from afar.

Edited by RyanandLink
  • Like 2

Durham had found it. He thought so, atleast. Turns out, he can't read very well, and the coupon was for some other tavern on the other side of town. In fact, he didn't read much beyond the words of "Free" and "Cheese sandwiches" and maybe some of the numbers, but that's being generous. Not to mention how it had already expired, so being redirected would prove useless. Durham didn't know though, so he strolled up to the bar anyway and slammed in on the table, like he had seen others do with money, and asked in his tough guy voice "May be having sandwiches, yes, please?" 

• Like 4

Ria felt bad for the Satyress. They weren't much different in terms of how human to creature they looked. (Satyress is like a faun right?)

She approached the Satyress, not seeming to notice the guard in the corner.

"H-hi." Ria cleared her throat before continuing "I-I'm Ria. I couldn't help but notice how those guys laughed at you. May I ask what that was about? If it isn't too bad..."

The bartender looked at Durham, then at his coupons, and picked them up. Her eyes rolled and told him "Sorry li'l buddy. Those're from a few weeks back, we don't use 'em anymore." She said and continued drying a drinking glass. "Could get ya a glass'a water though."

(Yes, a Satyr/ess is like a Faun :p) The Satyress looked up in shock as Ria talked to her. "Oh.. uh..." She was thinking of what to say for a moment. 

Before she could reply, the person that spoke to her before looked at Ria and said "I asked 'er 'ow much to take that pretty face back to me bed!" He almost shouted with a bunch of hiccups in between the words, clearly drunk. Him and his group started laughing again.