Polluted

RyanandLink

It's a hot day, you walk around the town minding your own business. Maybe you just got here, or maybe you've been living here for a while, knowing it like the back of your hand. Like usual, there's alot of people trying to sell their wares, others buying them, announcing things, you name it- however, there is something that took your attention; a creature that normally doesn't show itself near crowded places- a satyress, just wandering amongst the people of the town. You know this to be strange. Curious, you follow it into the town's tavern...

Alright, here's the deal; I really miss RPing, last one I participated in was a while back so I thought why not attempt to start one up again. Don't know if people are actually going to join but it's worth a shot! This'll be a bit open-world like WaW.
Normal rules I suppose; no godmode, no op characters, don't kill off characters without permission. Fill out the form for your character, as long as your character slightly makes sense and isn't overpowered I'll accept it!

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Characters:

Spoiler

@minespatch

Spoiler

Name: T. Went. Twent. He doesn't want to reveal his full name due to how he lingered for the years within the land.
Race: Olive skined. Might have a Greek origin.
Personality: Laid back at quiet moments. Yet when danger comes, Twent's self-preservation comes. He won't commit violence against strangers unless they have it in for him. Though there are points where when he's among crowds that he tends to act clueless.
Appearance: A man in his fifties with a aged face. The wrinkles in his face make him look kind of like a human thin-bulldog. Despite a disease taking his arm, he has to make use of his stump. His voice is that of a smoker yet he doesn't seem to show ny cigarrettes.
Strengths: Like that of a fencer. He can use a wrench or hammer like tools to protect himself. Don't expect things like anvil or a giant boulder be tossed around as weapons.
Weaknesses: His cluelessness of the situation can cause him to be in the background when things get tough.

@DragonMage156

Spoiler

Name: Ria.

Race: Half dragon-human hybrid.

Personality: Ria is a sweet girl who is often kind to others and loves animals. She's also a creative artist who can sometimes get lost in her own world of imagination.

Appearance:

5' feet tall with long brown hair, purple ear protruding from the top of her head, indigo purple shirt with the magical amulet around her neck (aquamarine gem), retractable purple and yellow wings, dark blue skirt with a grey belt, knee high socks, black shoes and a long devil-like tail. Her appearance may slightly alter depending on her emotions. For instance, anger will cause her tail to turn red and becomes sharp as a needle, fangs will become more apparent and eyes may become slitted.

Strengths: Has mastery over fire magic, can fly, has heightened senses of a dragon and night vision.

Weaknesses: Having mostly a body of a human means she still possessed the same weaknesses as normal people (weak spots, easily injured, etc), can't swim, naive, indecisive at times, can be clueless, low pain threshold.

@RyanandLink

Spoiler

Name: Daafite
Race: Satyress
Personality: A bit shy, stubborn, loves illustrating and crafting, has an eye for quality.
Appearance: 

Spoiler

IMG_20170919_224213.thumb.jpg.ffd080ca51364537172731b0b26ff9bc.jpg

Messy brown hair, tinted brown skin colour and spots on her shoulders/face. Her skin gets lighter in certain spots. She's also got goat horns/legs and ears and carries a quiver holding hand crafted javelins.
Strengths: Is not bad at drawing, she's got a pretty good aim with her javelins and kicks pretty hard with her legs. Has pretty decent craftsmanship, though limited to tools that are found in the the wild. (rocks, sticks, etc. She doesn't know how to use a hammer or how to smith steel things for example) Knows how to hunt animals and scavenge fruits.

Weaknesses: While she has knowledge of crafting and gathering, it's not very valuable outside of foresty areas, she's never gotten to go to different biomes. Is stubborn, if she gets offended or has a quarrel with someone she may not be very cooperative. Can't swim.

@Youknowwho

Spoiler

Name: Durham The Bear Prince

Race: Ancient Underground Beetle Prince

Personality: Very Oblivious and cheery. Very new to the world aboveground, and kind of thinks it's the afterlife, so he thinks everything is friendly and nice. Can't speak good English, and mixes up some words on occasion. Believes a lot of incorrect things, and is unaware of how important time actually is. It doesn't matter when you can't see the sun. Has basic manners and uses them a bunch. Thinks he is a bear. Doesn't know what bears actually are.
Appearance:durham.thumb.jpg.3c20dec0ad427ed8c4fd3c34cfc7d6a2.jpg 

This except beetley colors i was lazy

Strengths: Tough plate-like skin, night vision, good digger, hard hitter, incredible, gets along with beasts, can eat many things, strong immune system, strong teeth, has knowledge on ancient things, able to hover around with beetle wings, and body filters out toxins in anything going down the gullet or lungs. His large eyes staring at his enemies make them go just a tad bit easier on him alone. Not a picky eater.

Weaknesses: Oblivious, not very bright, bad sight in natural daylight,  small, bad outside knowledge and speech, doesn't fit into many clothes, bad grip with weapons and tools, can't operate ranged weapons, or really anything with small triggers, not including slings. Bad at make shifting objects. Ancient practices don't really come in handy anywhere where you aren't not trying to dig a giant anthill. 

@Paxtonnnn

Spoiler

Name: Ker

Race: Chameleon person

Personality: Kind and loving.(?) He'll befriend anyone who feeds and is nice to him. (If you're nice enough he'll just find food on his own) He likes to make friends, unless he finds them scary. He's confused by many things, and if something looks tasty he will attempt to eat it, but if it doesn't taste good he won't enjoy it at all. Makes a high-pitched "KER" noise when startled.
Appearance:

pZBwBie.png

He's always sticking his tongue out, and about the size of a toddler.

Strengths: Long, sticky tongue (that can't even fit in his own mouth) for catching bugs and other food. He can run on all fours to be quick, and can blend in with his surroundings. His tail can grab things. A heavy sleeper.

Weaknesses: He isn't very smart, at all. If something doesn't look threatening, he won't be scared, even if it really is dangerous, and vice versa. Sometimes his tail gets stuck on things, and he doesn't know much about human customs, but still knows about people. Very confused by magic. (and most other things) Scared by loud noises when awake. He can and will eat anything edible without getting poisoned.

@WaddleDee

Spoiler

Name: Nicholas Weaver
Race: Human
Personality: Nick is a squire, AKA a knight-in-training. As such, he follows a knight's code of honor, which entails being loyal, brave, and chivalrous to everyone he meets. He takes this duty very seriously, and strives to abide by it at all times. Aside from that, he has a no-nonsense and authoritative sort of personality, which is often at odds with his relatively young age.
Appearance: Nicholas is scrawny and stands at about 5'5". He has black hair with a widow's peak, and his hair parts into two "halves" following its shape. (It's easier drawn than described, so I will be making a picture for him soonish.) He wears a traditional-looking set of squire's clothes, including a leather belt, a gray undershirt, pointed black boots, and a blue tunic with a fancy-looking golden crest emblazoned on the front. His eyes are mocha-brown.
Strengths: He has enough training in combat to make him a competent fighter, although he doesn't usually carry any weaponry with him, save for a small dagger. In times of peace, he excels at mediating between others, and he is always willing to protect those he sees as weaker than himself.
Weaknesses: Since he is barely a teenager, he has almost zero authority compared to those around him, and he often looks rather silly trying to assert it anyways. He isn't very quick to anger, but he will hold grudges against those who wrong him.

Edited by RyanandLink
  • Like 5

MAybe I'll bring a human version of my amputee character Twent into this. Sounds interesting and since we haven't started yet, I can jump right in.

Name: T. Went. Twent. He doesn't want to reveal his full name due to how he lingered for the years within the land.
Race: Olive skined. Might have a Greek origin.
Personality: Laid back at quiet moments. Yet when danger comes, Twent's self-preservation comes. He won't commit violence against strangers unless they have it in for him. Though there are points where when he's among crowds that he tends to act clueless.
Appearance: A man in his fifties with a aged face. The wrinkles in his face make him look kind of like a human thin-bulldog. Despite a disease taking his arm, he has to make use of his stump. His voice is that of a smoker yet he doesn't seem to show ny cigarrettes.
Strengths: Like that of a fencer. He can use a wrench or hammer like tools to protect himself. Don't expect things like anvil or a giant boulder be tossed around as weapons.
Weaknesses: His cluelessness of the situation can cause him to be in the background when things get tough.

• Like 2

I might just use Ria for now. I gotta get back into RPs and honestly, Ria's the easiest to use (although my other OCs could use the development)...

Name: Ria.

Race: Half dragon-human hybrid.

Personality: Ria is a sweet girl who is often kind to others and loves animals. She's also a creative artist who can sometimes get lost in her own world of imagination.

Appearance:

persona_reference_by_dragonmage156-dba5o

5' feet tall with long brown hair, purple ear protruding from the top of her head, indigo purple shirt with the magical amulet around her neck (aquamarine gem), retractable purple and yellow wings, dark blue skirt with a grey belt, knee high socks, black shoes and a long devil-like tail. Her appearance may slightly alter depending on her emotions. For instance, anger will cause her tail to turn red and becomes sharp as a needle, fangs will become more apparent and eyes may become slitted.

Strengths: Has mastery over fire magic, can fly, has heightened senses of a dragon and night vision.

Weaknesses: Having mostly a body of a human means she still possessed the same weaknesses as normal people (weak spots, easily injured, etc), can't swim, naive, indecisive at times, can be clueless, low pain threshold.

• Like 2

alright well I'll be entering my own character too!

Name: Daafite
Race: Satyress
Personality: A bit shy, stubborn, loves illustrating and crafting, has an eye for quality.
Appearance: 

Spoiler

IMG_20170919_224213.thumb.jpg.eb46d02c3468a66ba2f64757a09c0c91.jpg

(no ctrl+z in real life so it's a little messy ;) )

Messy brown hair, tinted brown skin colour and spots on her shoulders/face. Her skin gets lighter in certain spots. She's also got goat horns/legs and ears and carries a quiver holding hand crafted javelins.
Strengths: Is not bad at drawing, she's got a pretty good aim with her javelins and kicks pretty hard with her legs. Has pretty decent craftsmanship, though limited to tools that are found in the the wild. (rocks, sticks, etc. She doesn't know how to use a hammer or how to smith steel things for example) Knows how to hunt animals and scavenge fruits.

Weaknesses: While she has knowledge of crafting and gathering, it's not very valuable outside of foresty areas, she's never gotten to go to different biomes. Is stubborn, if she gets offended or has a quarrel with someone she may not be very cooperative. Can't swim.

and now for some SUMMONS, hey see if you feel like joining, if not then just ignore this ;) 
@DwerBomb @MenaAthena @Paxtonnnn @Battal @WaddleDee @Zeklo

Edited by RyanandLink
  • Like 4

Spoiler

Name: Durham The Bear Prince

Race: Ancient Underground Beetle Prince

Personality: Very Oblivious and cheery. Very new to the world aboveground, and kind of thinks it's the afterlife, so he thinks everything is friendly and nice. Can't speak good English, and mixes up some words on occasion. Believes a lot of incorrect things, and is unaware of how important time actually is. It doesn't matter when you can't see the sun. Has basic manners and uses them a bunch. Thinks he is a bear. Doesn't know what bears actually are.
Appearance:durham.thumb.jpg.3c20dec0ad427ed8c4fd3c34cfc7d6a2.jpg 

This except beetley colors i was lazy

Strengths: Tough plate-like skin, night vision, good digger, hard hitter, incredible, gets along with beasts, can eat many things, strong immune system, strong teeth, has knowledge on ancient things, able to hover around with beetle wings, and body filters out toxins in anything going down the gullet or lungs. His large eyes staring at his enemies make them go just a tad bit easier on him alone. Not a picky eater.

Weaknesses: Oblivious, not very bright, bad sight in natural daylight,  small, bad outside knowledge and speech, doesn't fit into many clothes, bad grip with weapons and tools, can't operate ranged weapons, or really anything with small triggers, not including slings. Bad at make shifting objects. Ancient practices don't really come in handy anywhere where you aren't not trying to dig a giant anthill. 

From the deep depths underground arises a small little beetle person. Hopefully it ain't all that bad. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I wonder if I should bring back Ker...

He'd be very confused by Durham.

Ker's that lizard thing from The Circus, isn't it?

1 hour ago, RyanandLink said:

Satyress

Is that like a faun? Cos when I looked it up, I didn't get the best results :?

I like how much me and Daafite have in common ^_^

• Like 2

I definitely didn't see this but wasn't able to read it so I put it off but then I got distracted and then things may have been forgotten in the whims of my brain. That definitely didn't happen. Also I was summoned too. Man I remember back in my newb days I was all like one day I shall be summoned.

Holy heck, my rambling is out of control.

tl;dr I'll probably watch for starters until an idea hits me like a bullet train, and then I might hop in.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Name: Ker

Race: Chameleon person

Personality: Kind and loving.(?) He'll befriend anyone who feeds and is nice to him. (If you're nice enough he'll just find food on his own) He likes to make friends, unless he finds them scary. He's confused by many things, and if something looks tasty he will attempt to eat it, but if it doesn't taste good he won't enjoy it at all. Makes a high-pitched "KER" noise when startled.

Appearance: pZBwBie.png He's always sticking his tongue out, and about the size of a toddler.

Strengths: Long, sticky tongue (that can't even fit in his own mouth) for catching bugs and other food. He can run on all fours to be quick, and can blend in with his surroundings. His tail can grab things. A heavy sleeper.

Weaknesses: He isn't very smart, at all. If something doesn't look threatening, he won't be scared, even if it really is dangerous, and vice versa. Sometimes his tail gets stuck on things, and he doesn't know much about human customs, but still knows about people. Very confused by magic. (and most other things) Scared by loud noises when awake. He can and will eat anything edible without getting poisoned.

Is this good at all so far?

@RyanandLink

Edited by Paxtonnnn
  • Like 3

(ITS SUNDAY STARTING TIME, CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

The town was loud and busy, as always. There were adventurers looking for jobs to fulfill, market stands selling their wares, new people entering and others leaving it. The town itself wasn't very big, and it seemed pretty packed. On the entrance there's a big sign saying "Welcome to Criss" in fancy letters, alongside the text "All is welcome here". There are guards guarding it in stands, asking people who want to enter their names, age, etc. and write it down before letting them in.

You stand in a short line of people, waiting for your turn to enter.

• Like 1