Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

13 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

If you don't want singleplayer to rot....THEN ADD THE UPDATES FROM TOGETHER SO IT STOPS BEING OUTDATED!!!!!! Add Beefalo riding and Grass Gekkos, and everything that would work in singelplayer, there is literally no excuse!

Lore is a thing and since ANR content was added AFTER Charlie took the throne then it would make no sense for the content to exist in a game that happened BEFORE Charlie took the throne. A good portion of what I love about this game is its both really cool and not self contradicting lore and I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way. Yes there are changes that need happening to DS like mini signs and beefalo riding. However just cause they haven't added those doesn't mean they won't

1 hour ago, Mr Pig said:

Lore is a thing and since ANR content was added AFTER Charlie took the throne then it would make no sense for the content to exist in a game that happened BEFORE Charlie took the throne.

Which is why I'm fine with Hamlet. Pigmen existed in MAxwell's reign, so a exploration on their history is interest.

Curious for the reason why Charlie made the forge.. Charlie likes wrestling?:wilson_shocked:

Then again, we don't know about the boarlord yet sooooo...

Lore theory: Perhaps Wilson and only Wilson is the true inter-dimensional traveller, and we get to know shipwrecked (another layer of the DS world) ROG world (Where DST characters are trapped) and now Hamlet, through his fantastic trips between dimensions/DS Layers.
That's why we don't see Warly, Walani, etc into DST, they still remain trapped in SW universe, and only Wilson is the one who moved through the different planes of DS, and the only reason we know about them. Perhaps many other characters/groups of survivors are struggling in other wacky planes of existance as well.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Curious for the reason why Charlie made the forge.. Charlie likes wrestling?

I don't think Charlie made it. It's possible the portal is some kind of interdimensional gate with many different entrances and exits. At least that's how I see it considering the post about the forge made mention of the portal, and that there's likely more experimental content in the future.

On my side I'm quite happy cause I'm still playing DS and DSSW.

The only thing that is missing from this announcement is that the "generic content" from DST would be added to the singleplayer. (Buffalo riding, craftables, items, map icons updates, etc)

There is a lot of things that was made better in DST, I would like to see these changes merged into singleplayer. The only reason I'm playing DST is to see the new content created, else, I would never play it mostly because slowdowns and the fact that you can't pause.

17 hours ago, Mr Pig said:

Lore is a thing and since ANR content was added AFTER Charlie took the throne then it would make no sense for the content to exist in a game that happened BEFORE Charlie took the throne. A good portion of what I love about this game is its both really cool and not self contradicting lore and I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way. Yes there are changes that need happening to DS like mini signs and beefalo riding. However just cause they haven't added those doesn't mean they won't

Explain to me how having fences or Beefalo riding would ruin your lore. 

4 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

As far as we know, the canon lore is that the new content we receive is due to whomever is on the throne.

So the ANR content came from Charlie. Thus, in DS where Maxwell is on the throne, it wouldn't make sense in the canon for the new stuff to be present. Lore-wise.

Now, there are things that are an exception to this. Probably the more quality of life stuff, Klaus, and some other things. Beefalo riding imo, fits into the "quality of life" stuff.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but that's the common reasoning.

22 hours ago, Maslak said:

I just want to see whole this town turning into monsters during full moon.

Their King/Queen becoming a boss on the full moon would be terrifying. I'm hoping for a Queen due to british influence in design.

5 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

That was an entirely different thing that I also addressed in the same post where I said exactly:

23 hours ago, Mr Pig said:

Yes there are changes that need happening to DS like mini signs and beefalo riding. However just cause they haven't added those doesn't mean they won't

Mini signs and beefalo aren't included in the "to keep lore consistent" category that ALMOST everything in else in ANR falls under. 

I'm pretty sure Hamlet isn't exactly just Don't Starve with a pig village biome, it's more of an adventurous game of Don't Starve where you go and trade with pigs in the Halmet, doing jobs for them and adventuring out into the jungle to bring things back to trade with pigs for food, weapons and rare materials. It didn't exactly seem like just another biome, more of a standalone sort of thing like SW. 

I don't know how all the technical details work/will work behind the scenes, ala shards and such, but one thing that strikes me about Hamlet is:  it would work better FEEL-wise in regular Don't Starve.  Why?  Because in regular DS, _you are alone_.  It's way quiet and lonely.  Suddenly:  BEINGS TO TALK TO!  CIVILIZATION!  YEAH!  Whereas in DST, there are other players around to interact with (some of the time, anyway).  It's not _needed_ as much in DST in terms of breaking up the silence and monotony.  (And if you want to keep the original Don't Starve mood, just...don't buy Hamlet, or enter the new village area except for every now and then.)

Same reason why I went and got the pets mod for DS, even though it's not at all perfectly programmed and you end up with stuff like Jesus Cat.

Spoiler

jesuscat.png.6bf7673e68736f70791e318650112fc7.png

Because my TRULY alone-in-the-world character needs a fluffy companion too.  Or perhaps a non-fluffy one.  Whatever.

That said, I totally get the frustration in general, I mean, I'm one of the _main_ "Why can't regular DS have DST stuff?!  I want twiggy trees and continuing to gather while my hands are full, dammit!" people on these forums, but in this case...I can see where it would fit better into regular DS than DST.  DST is already pretty busy and filled with other people/characters; DS is not.  This helps that not be so true anymore.  I'm also reminded of in Sips' very first Don't Starve video--the second he saw a brick road, he was like "Ohmygod, is there civilization in this game?  Is this like Harvest Moon? CAN I GET MARRIED?!"  Weeeeelll...SEVERAL YEARS LATER, the first part of that guess just might be right!

That said, I do kind of wish you could just wander into an especially large birch forest by going down a mysterious-looking road _on the main map_ to find the pig city...buuuttt...maybe they HAD to be cut off from the main world in order to not have whatever turned the others into barbarians happen to them too?  Just an idea.  (shrug)  I'm also the one who thinks it'd be awesome to just "sail off into the waves" from the mainland even though I KNOW why that can't happen on a technical level, so what do I know.  : P

...Notorious

On 9/15/2017 at 3:10 PM, Zeklo said:

Now, there are things that are an exception to this. Probably the more quality of life stuff, Klaus, and some other things. Beefalo riding imo, fits into the "quality of life" stuff.

B-b-but, didn't Maxwell specifically say Charlie didn't make Klaus?

And then they changed his lines, suggesting that he didn't make it either. So who made it? Where did it come from? And where did it go? Where did it come from Cotton Eye Joe?:wilson_ecstatic: 

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

B-b-but, didn't Maxwell specifically say Charlie didn't make Klaus?

And then they changed his lines, suggesting that he didn't make it either. So who made it? Where did it come from? And where did it go? Where did it come from Cotton Eye Joe? :wilson_ecstatic:

That's precisely what I said. Klaus is an exception to the things Charlie created.

Archived