Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

6 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Secondly, are you expecting us to buy DLC for single-player game that  you refuse to update with the stuff from Together. 

That's because Charlie added new stuff, not maxwell. Don't forget don't starve together is a sequal lord wise. Things such as Queen Bee, Klaus, Winona etc.

6 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Klei...KLEI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!

Instead of attacking them, why don't you appreciate that they decided to do this.

10 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

RoG is a part of the DST vanilla experience, it would be a bad move to make that as a DLC for DST. ANR was a free update which added a lot of optional content, it would also be a bad move to make that DLC because it was supposed to be "free". Future Forge is a timed event like Halloween & stuff, it is going to removed after its 1 month of glory & nobody will be able to play with it for a year again.

Yeah, because now you got the content for free, you don't want to pay for it. But either you pay for DLC or they are free. Not a "i choose what DLC is base content and what DLC is to pay for". Too easy. It's why your solution don't work. Because all the things that you consider as part of the vanilla experience and free update are DLC that we got for free because klei decided they don't want DLC in DST.

So with your so great solution we had to pay for them.

Payday 2 does not have official servers & a simple solution to this is to I dunno, maybe not include the paid DLC on the official servers :)?

So i pay for a DLC but can't enjoy it if i want to play official servers ? Not a good solution for me, sorry. If i pay for a content, i want to enjoy this content, not having to be deprived of it because i want to play on official servers (with all they can offer).

Well, it would definitely make a bunch of people happy to be able to play a good game with their friends, & family with the most up to date content, & it would put a lot of money in Klei's wallet...I think that's why all game devs make DLC for games, right?

They could play a good game with their frends and family, they got RoG for free and ANR for free and will got future content for free. What a DLC offers to them ? Not being able to play with all the content they paid for because one of their friend want to host the game and don't have the DLC ? Not being able to enjoy it on Klei official server ? Not being able to enjoy it on the dedicated server a friend created, because he already have to pay for the host of the server and can't buy the DLC ?

I'm sorry, but how would giving DST players the option to purchase DLC create frustration that isn't needed xD?

Already explained. But again : having to make choice between playing where you want (klei server, friend server) without some content or with the content they want, but not where they want.

8 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

It might be stupid but it's the best way to not devide DS and DST into 2 community

It's not stupid to suggest an idea like you did. But acting like if Klei is stupid to not put this idea, and like it's obvious this idea is the best suggestion possible, isn't really respectful.

I don't think you did it, you suggested an idea, and it's ok.

Klei choose another way, and i find it better : content is included in base game, everyone has it, for free, and everyone could play with it everywhere, and they'll fund future update with skins.

(In fact, they included content for free at the point that some people will not ever consider the fact that this content should have been DLC, not base game content. The fact they choose to not put DLC isn't new and we already got free content update because of that.)

Anyway, i don't have problem with you suggesting this option.

For all the time I've been here, I have adhered to these "truths"

1. DS is the first in the timeline and starts with Maxwell's Reign
  2. DST is what happens after DS' Adventure Mode, effectively making it a sequel
  3. Due to nagging and against Klei's initial decision, we got DST
  4. DST was not an easy thing to accomplish as it was not built for multiplayer
  5. They cared enough about the faction of the fans who wanted it that they had to go against their own wishes and create DST even though it was literally making a new game from scratch code-wise [citation needed]
  6. After DST's success, more players have moved to DST
  7. Financially, and as an indie company, you need to follow the money. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T MAKE GAMES WITHOUT GETTING MONEY TO PAY PEOPLE TO MAKE THE GAMES.
  8. After they've gotten enough money, they teamed up with another company to help them develop a DLC for the now "dead" Don't Starve that started it all.
    1. If you have Shipwrecked on DS, you can expect to sell more copies of DS:SW as it's "new content"
    2. This will pay the people who make the game and if they're lucky, they can save up TO MAKE NEW STUFF.
    3. But as you might expect, you can't pay your staff if you only sell "this" many copies at such a low selling price
    4. I know, we'll give them something they've been waiting for...[lore which will lead to additional content]
  9. DST introduces skins!
    1. To differentiate your Wilson from that other guy's Wilson to some degree
    2. They're Free! (for now, as a test run)
    3. Whoops, keeping servers up takes money
    4. Guess we need to sell some skins for upkeep
    5. Believe it or not, most skins cost less than $0.50. IDK how many people need to buy the game and buy skins to pay a single person for those skins
    6. Boom Elegants.
  10. DS is getting traffic again from SW but it seems it was not living up to the standards it set... we need our in-house team to work on it after the contract with the other company gets voided... [citation needed]
    1. We don't have that many people on staff
    2. We can do it, it'll just take some time to roll-out new content... best not keep their hopes up in case we can't deliver. But we'd love to give them more stuff. We've worked hard on this...
  11. So DST's going smoothly, our old games don't make as much but they're still gems and people love them, we'll keep making new games cuz we love doing this... [citation needed(?)]
  12. Hey guys, remember that thing? Well maybe not, because it was a surprise...
    1. **DROPS ANR TRAILER**
    2. @u@
    3. New content! A LOT!
    4. DST is feeding DS its funds... but most people don't seem to like it... we need to give DS, THE PREQUEL something that doesn't clash with DST, THE SEQUEL and its lore, as you know, it's basically DSTwo (Don't Starve Two)
    5. Cuz you know, code and stuff
      1. No, we can't just scrap DS and put everything in it into DST like Adventure mode and caves that don't need shards... BECAUSE CODE AND STUFF [citation needed]
      2. We also can't scrap DS as it's the IP that started all this, and we can't just ERASE it after everyone else bought it.
  13. More content
  14. OK, since we're getting stable, we should do something more for both.
    1. Some of the staff previously worked with MMOs
      1. Multi-player games and events sound good
        1. Holiday Events. Boom!
          1. Event-exclusives. Boom! Now we can afford to make more stuff
  15. We're gonna fix stuff in SW
  16. We're gonna do more stuff for DS and DST in general

I say they're managing the situation swimmingly... not that it will please everybody but it keeps all this afloat...

Oh yeah....

1. Steam is meeting a tough competitor, Tencent.
    1. Chinese players seem to love DST.
    2. But they have a different way of doing things there...
    3. We should stay alert... you know... just in case... [citation needed]
    4. They want platform exclusives... but we don't want our Steam players getting left out...
      1. Tencent gets Roseate and Steam doesn't... yet... [citation needed]
      2. Steam has GoH, Tencent doesn't... yet... [citation needed]
  2. Klei store is a thing... we can afford to make more stuff if we can sell some merch, also, why not add Skin Codes for them too cuz, why not?!
    1. These are nice.
  3. Yay... now that we can feed the staff, we can now hire some new blood and make new games...
    1. A resource management game that's both cute and daunting and will require players to learn thermodynamics to survive?
    2. Hmm how about a 3D First Person Platforming game that lets you live out the floor is lava when you were a kid?
    3. And an RPG? That looks bad*ss and lets you decide to be either good or evil
    4. Oh yeah, remember the times when we helped out other companies with their games? Now that we can afford some leeway, we can publish CotND, and The Darkest Dungeon, both very cool games [insert this one in the proper part of the time line]

So yeah... well, unless you have years of experience with game development and business, I guess you can tell them what to do... BUT ofcourse, they still keep all praises and most of all, the criticisms in mind... if it weren't for these two battling it out in the forums, they might not know what the fanbase thinks... this is basically a huge survey form that produces tons of stats on what they can do to improve on their business practice and game development.

I forgot what my point was... carry on.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

Yeah, because now you got the content for free, you don't want to pay for it. But either you pay for DLC or they are free. Not a "i choose what DLC is base content and what DLC is to pay for". Too easy. It's why your solution don't work. Because all the things that you consider as part of the vanilla experience and free update are DLC that we got for free because klei decided they don't want DLC in DST.

So with your so great solution we had to pay for them.

All the updates & DLC Klei has done for DST till now has been like a gift, when you give someone a gift you don't just be like "I changed my mind give it back" or else you would lose a lot of reputation & be considered a very rude person. 

Shipwrecked & this new DLC Hamlet was never introduced into DST so it would be fine for Klei to sell them as DLC because they weren't given as gifts to people for free.

10 minutes ago, Lumina said:

So i pay for a DLC but can't enjoy it if i want to play official servers ? Not a good solution for me, sorry. If i pay for a content, i want to enjoy this content, not having to be deprived of it because i want to play on official servers (with all they can offer).

With this logic I can say "I made a mod, but I can't enjoy it on official servers?" that logic doesn't make sense, if you pay for content that doesn't mean you can automatically do whatever you want. That's like I say because I payed for DST I will now make my own skins for Wilson & publish on the workshop because I payed for DST.

18 minutes ago, Lumina said:

What a DLC offers to them ? Not being able to play with all the content they paid for because one of their friend want to host the game and don't have the DLC ?

It already costs 15 dollars to buy DST, if someone's not willing to pay an extra 5 dollar for the DLC then they don't need to buy it. Nobody's forcing them to buy it.

Hamlet is good in many ways imho:

• Ds will get a flow of content and updates, maybe even some quality of life changes from dst
  • Klei will get more funds to keep supporting DST and maybe even new ds updates
  • If hamlet sells well, it will act as a positive feedback for them so they can keep experimenting creatively, and adding completely new wacky things to both games (like the forge, hamlet having stores, n such)
  • If you are very into dst and only dst, let ds ppl get new content, whatever they tryand learn from that will eventually get to dst in one way or another (or through mods)
  • Also if you are very into dst, give ds a chance, buy the game, and who knows you may like some of the differences for a change. If you really dont want to its still fine dst is stil getting new content and its not going anywhere.

I started playing DST (got here late) and after noticing I loved the game , purchased DS and SW. I dont play singleplayer very often due to the big differences between the two games, but this whole thing just made me want to give ds a new start. And I will sure buy hamlet.
I think all of this is good news for both of the games communities.

8 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Klei ... KLEI! QUE DIABOS ESTÁ FAZENDO?!?!

Me desculpe, mas isso é ridículo! Nós não aprendemos nada com Shipwrecked!?! 

Em primeiro lugar, fazer um novo mundo de fragmentos não é o que queremos. Naufragado era bonito, mas era apenas oco em comparação com o ROG. Por que você continua construindo coisas do zero?!? APENAS ADICIONE AO ROG COMO UM NOVO BIOME, É O QUE QUEM QUER QUE QUER.

Em segundo lugar, você está esperando que nós comprarmos o DLC para o jogo de um jogador que   você se recusa a atualizar com as coisas juntas. Ninguém joga mais o singleplayer porque está desatualizado ... e agora você está adicionando DLC para isso. 

As pessoas que fazem juntos e o Singleplayer departamentos diferentes que não falam entre si?!? Obtenha sua maldida sujeira juntos (literalmente, VAGUE TUDO JUNTO EM UM JOGO E PARE SEGURANÇA DO CONTEÚDO )

Resultado da imagem para obter a sua merda juntos gif

#DsFansDeserveNewReignToo

This reminds me of those sibling situations, where the family pays way to much attention to the younger "better" sibling. But then when the parents put attention back on the older sibling and pampers him a bit for doing much the younger Sibling goes "BUT i WANT THAT STUFF TOO, ITS NOT FAIR!"
followed by crying, screaming but always ending with someone getting in time out.

Well there is definitly some kind of issue here.

i understand the op point of view, because i learn to play DST solo with all the new stuff ( characters changes, beefalo taming, all the new boss and items ( fences *.* ) and despite all the amazing stuff coming out for shipwrecked, its more like a ' Meh '.

its amazing, dont get me wrong, but as a long play player, i cant play it without thinking of all the things i left behind in DTS.

i think the best solution would be to bring all the good stuff of DST into DS, multiplayers fan would stil pay for it anyway to play with friends ( i sur would )

but anyways, whining appart i'm definitly happy with Klei bringing content to Both games

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Now I can't say for certain since it's not out, but the impression I get is that the way they're doing Hamlet isn't possible for DST.

Speculation of course.

At the moment, I think Hamlet is a experement. Same with Forge. They're two different mechanics and we barely know what they'll be like until we see gameplay.

7 hours ago, Mr. Despair said:

Maybe, I believe that this would look weird in DST.

ss_3bad364e5edf9341651527841706038f735b9ss_b7e883bb741d02294472fbad50caed95a4220

Where did you get these screencaps?

Reminds me of the DS version of bioshock for some reason. Maybe it's the way the female pigman is dressed.

@mewthemew, I found Whedon's wife!:wilson_ecstatic:

When I heard that it would only be for DS, I was kind of disappointed at first, but not really, 'cause it didn't seem like it fit in don't starve, and it also gave me a reason reason to start playing DS, again. Soo... (ugh, I never should have said anything) bye!    

Archived