Are Sharx Removed?

AnonymousKoala

I feel that the reason why sea hounds got removed is because:

1: Regular hounds would spawn if you were on islands. Which made no sense to begin with, sole reason it was kinda accepted was because of the humorous effect.

2: People could cheese a sea hound attack by going on land and kitting the whole wave easily. The reverse is somewhat true with hounds and going on boat.

Having a enemy that goes both on land and water for shipwrecked solve those problems in one go.

22 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

I feel that the reason why sea hounds got removed is because:

1: Regular hounds would spawn if you were on islands. Which made no sense to begin with, sole reason it was kinda accepted was because of the humorous effect.

2: People could cheese a sea hound attack by going on land and kitting the whole wave easily. The reverse is somewhat true with hounds and going on boat.

Having a enemy that goes both on land and water for shipwrecked solve those problems in one go.

Yeah for hound waves the crocs are perfect. But I want Sharx to at least spawn from some den or when meat is thrown into the water/something dies at sea, they fit that role more than crocs.

I'm with you all. Sharx were cool no matter how terrifying they were without an iron wind and armored boat. I thought the crocodogs would be spawned alongside sea hounds during attacks as an addition which sounded cool. I didn't expect a replacement. I want my shax pals back!

On a side note do crocodogs even have any special drops? Scales to make a water-proof armor piece would be nice or maybe even poison proof. Maybe the armor would require a shell suit and crocodog scales? Something along those lines would compensate the sleek hat and shark fin soup being available only in spring.

12 hours ago, axeboss23 said:

I'm with you all. Sharx were cool no matter how terrifying they were without an iron wind and armored boat. I thought the crocodogs would be spawned alongside sea hounds during attacks as an addition which sounded cool. I didn't expect a replacement. I want my shax pals back!

On a side note do crocodogs even have any special drops? Scales to make a water-proof armor piece would be nice or maybe even poison proof. Maybe the armor would require a shell suit and crocodog scales? Something along those lines would compensate the sleek hat and shark fin soup being available only in spring.

The fact its only available in spring is a nerf to the Fin Soup and the Slick Hat, but while the hat becomes comparable to the Tam O' Shanter(only available during one season, really good item), the Soup kinda becomes useless almost, not that it was particularly great before.

Also I'm not even sure if the crocs even drop Hound's Teeth.

4 hours ago, Maslak said:

Is poison crock some seasonal variant or just rare crock?

Based on the code, water crocos spawn in wet season (and hurricane I think). They occasional shake their head spreading flooded tiles. Poison crocos spawn in dry season. They poison, obviously.

I haven't been able to get them to spawn naturally. Though that's probably due to forcing time changes & seasons or something.

I miss the sharx. :(

I agree, crocodogs are a good replacement for the hound attacks. 

However the sharx should still spawn when you drop meat into the ocean, it makes more sense. Even if you don't want them to drop the shark fin anymore. Dropping one monstermeat like they used to do would be just fine.

Archived