Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

AnonymousKoala

Are Sharx Removed?

AnonymousKoala    3,635

It seems that the Crocodogs now spawn from anything that used to trigger Sea Hounds/Sharx spawning. I hope they're not removed, I liked them, and there was the fin soup and sleek hat.

Zeklo    17,371

Seems they're gone. Sharkittens drop the fins now.

Kinda a bummer, I don't see why Sharx can't just spawn from meat left in the sea.

Halved    304

Oh no! 

This makes me so sad...

Devs if they really are removed could you please put them in maybe some biome in the sea, coming out of spawners like hounds do in deserts...?

I love sharx...

image.png.7ae969b568722e78f9c79b302e3ff201.png

Atsumame    319

I feel that the reason why sea hounds got removed is because:

1: Regular hounds would spawn if you were on islands. Which made no sense to begin with, sole reason it was kinda accepted was because of the humorous effect.

2: People could cheese a sea hound attack by going on land and kitting the whole wave easily. The reverse is somewhat true with hounds and going on boat.

Having a enemy that goes both on land and water for shipwrecked solve those problems in one go.

AnonymousKoala    3,635
22 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

I feel that the reason why sea hounds got removed is because:

1: Regular hounds would spawn if you were on islands. Which made no sense to begin with, sole reason it was kinda accepted was because of the humorous effect.

2: People could cheese a sea hound attack by going on land and kitting the whole wave easily. The reverse is somewhat true with hounds and going on boat.

Having a enemy that goes both on land and water for shipwrecked solve those problems in one go.

Yeah for hound waves the crocs are perfect. But I want Sharx to at least spawn from some den or when meat is thrown into the water/something dies at sea, they fit that role more than crocs.

axeboss23    0

I'm with you all. Sharx were cool no matter how terrifying they were without an iron wind and armored boat. I thought the crocodogs would be spawned alongside sea hounds during attacks as an addition which sounded cool. I didn't expect a replacement. I want my shax pals back!

On a side note do crocodogs even have any special drops? Scales to make a water-proof armor piece would be nice or maybe even poison proof. Maybe the armor would require a shell suit and crocodog scales? Something along those lines would compensate the sleek hat and shark fin soup being available only in spring.

AnonymousKoala    3,635
12 hours ago, axeboss23 said:

I'm with you all. Sharx were cool no matter how terrifying they were without an iron wind and armored boat. I thought the crocodogs would be spawned alongside sea hounds during attacks as an addition which sounded cool. I didn't expect a replacement. I want my shax pals back!

On a side note do crocodogs even have any special drops? Scales to make a water-proof armor piece would be nice or maybe even poison proof. Maybe the armor would require a shell suit and crocodog scales? Something along those lines would compensate the sleek hat and shark fin soup being available only in spring.

The fact its only available in spring is a nerf to the Fin Soup and the Slick Hat, but while the hat becomes comparable to the Tam O' Shanter(only available during one season, really good item), the Soup kinda becomes useless almost, not that it was particularly great before.

Also I'm not even sure if the crocs even drop Hound's Teeth.

Dekay    105

From what I've seen they drop teeth and monster meat like normal hounds, the poison crock can also drop venom.

Zeklo    17,371
4 hours ago, Maslak said:

Is poison crock some seasonal variant or just rare crock?

Based on the code, water crocos spawn in wet season (and hurricane I think). They occasional shake their head spreading flooded tiles. Poison crocos spawn in dry season. They poison, obviously.

I haven't been able to get them to spawn naturally. Though that's probably due to forcing time changes & seasons or something.

TemporaryMan    1,470

The poison and water crocs sound like they fit the theme much better than the ice and fire hounds did.  Plus, no more fire hound waves during an eruption.  There was enough trying to burn your island down as it was.

Mueck    537

Please bring back the Sea Hounds/Sharx as regular mobs that can be found somewhere in the ocean, pretty please! For example they could hang around at Shipwreck Graveyards. ;)

Having Seahounds spawning in some water or when you drop meat in water is a great Idea, I loved those sharkies and I miss em already... Klei, pls, bring back Sharkies :'(

MrKoopa    1,131

I like the crocs more. First time I saw them was on a RoG world(not seen them on SW yet) because of a bug that spawned crocs instead of hounds.

I think the sea hounds should spawn somewhere in the ocean.

Naechan    62

I miss the sharx. :(

I agree, crocodogs are a good replacement for the hound attacks. 

However the sharx should still spawn when you drop meat into the ocean, it makes more sense. Even if you don't want them to drop the shark fin anymore. Dropping one monstermeat like they used to do would be just fine.

Maslak    4,233

It's simply not true as Alainmcd said. You can't even spawn them using console. They are 100% gone.