[Game Update] - 232355

So I tested out Winona, and it appears she's kinda.... bland. She only has 3 minuscule, very situational perks and no drawbacks going for her:
-Cheap 1-use sewing kit

-1 freebie hit from Charlie

-Quicker crafting time (0.5 seconds compared to 1 second for everyone else)

Honestly, I think she could've been better thought out. I would've been content with the Trusty Tape acting as an armor-repair tool rather than a sewing kit. Heck, maybe even both. I just hoped she'd come with a few better perks than she did. The only one that I halfway like is the quick crafting. She needs more.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 1

I figured she'd be able to craft and collect resources faster than any other character and her tape ability would also repair armor, I'm glad we got a new character, but I'm disappointed about her perks, sewing kits can easily be obtained in the mid/late game which makes this new item useless. Dodging Charlie's attack once a night can be used in plenty of unprepared situations without a light. Honestly, all I see is a beginner character that helps struggling players who are new to this game and for players that lack the kiting skills to fight hounds and for those who forget to make a torch. Faster crafting is just a plus. I love her character design.

I suggest:

Collect resources and craft faster/ Dodge Charlie's attacks once a night/ Tape fixes armor and clothing/(This is an extra idea) Craft any tool (maybe even outfits/armor) with half the resources. 

She's never going to be played by me, but I guess as of right now she's useful for beginners and will remain at the bottom of the list of characters I'd play as (My opinion).

Edited by AniMike
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

-1 freebie hit from Charlie

Given that it recharges as soon as she steps into light, doesn't this give her a small advantage when standing around in the dark at night lose sanity and farm nightmare fuel?  She can stand around in the dark longer with minimal interruption.

Oh, yeah.  Maxwell with reduced maximum sanity.  And the bone helm.  Okay, it's not that useful.

• Like 1