Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

So much new content, I came back to check in the forums at the best of times!

First of all, I have to point out that reading about the Oil Lamp for Shipwrecked made me wished it was inspired from my Shipwrecked Idea Suggestion linked in my signature. Upon checking out the shipwreckedbeta, turns out its not exactly what I thought but still a wonderful item for long running worlds with a surplus of Tar which where my idea stemmed from but for whale blubber! So my Whale Oil suggestion idea stands even with this beta branch, cause we still don't have much items that use Whale Blubber. Regardless, I'll be checking in more often to report any bugs that I may find.

Personally, I'm really liking that DS has new stuff added to it and will be added to it eventually (Hamlet). I've been meaning to come back and play DS recently and with this shipwreckedbeta, I'll definitely will be playing it more in the coming days. There's just a certain appeal to single player which I've always loved.

Now with DST's up coming event, I've always played on random servers with random players and no one ever plays for that long to reach that point in the Ruins. On the other hand soloing the whole event would just be plain... sad. I guess, worse case scenario I'll be making good friends with that new trader. So win-win.

Lastly, kudos to everyone involve in all of these projects. Stay awesome, Klei. Cheers!

• Like 2

Screenshot_2017-09-14-18-24-05.thumb.png.862e45f435ad161afd424a3aff54212c.png

Aw man, was hoping I could glimpse Wolfgang's skin catching the frame the helmet popping off his head.

Screenshot_2017-09-14-18-21-20.thumb.png.8c060c3e7a2e615748fe9736f454f2bb.png

What's this? Somebody actually thrusting a spear forward rather than whacking their target with the spear? Also, guess Wig's ability will be a Genji dash.

Screenshot_2017-09-14-18-21-23.thumb.png.dd9ebafb00fb6fdb81c6ebfce990eb16.png

The last frame for admiring their armor, the hammer? and spear skin, the awesome grates with fire particles you wish you could put in your base that would make scaled floor a lot cooler, and roast boar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

skins are completely optional. you don't need to acquire them to enjoy the game at all.. and the coolest skins available IMO are for free (ancient skins/ metheus puzzle) soooo no idea what you are talking about buddy, specially considering that many companies are extremly aggresive with ingame purchases...  I think klei is rather conservative when it comes to money intake.. and I'm glad they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

What I want to know is if these combat related abilities will translate to normal DST?

What i want to know is if they will be exclusive to the forge or will be available everywhere everytime.

Edited by Lumina

10 hours ago, saralina said:

hey Klei developers... i know this sound rather clingy-fan-stuff but, i have a little idea for funds raising you may find useful:

why dont you make a twitch in wich we donate you, in exchange of you LIVE design a character... or a boss or a mob or biome or whatever. show us your process of creation!

That sounds like a good idea! Donations through twitch could help out a lot.:wilson_smile:

6 hours ago, Mr. Despair said:

Hey, They can finally Jump.

Sitting to jumping: baby steps.

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I just realised there are walls in these ruins... unlike in the regular caves or ruins, where the edge of the map is the abbys. i don't think there were anything such in DS/T, right? 

As far as i remember, cave got wall in the past but it was hard to see so they were removed.

• Like 4

Great and many news! However, I have to say that the Forge doesn't interest me as I'm not very much into games that force me to team up with strangers temporarily (though I know there are thousands of players who do, so it's good that this exists for them). So, what about story updates for DST? Are those still coming in the future? Are these events a way to fund development of further major updates? Thanks!