Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

Welp, major graduating exams start late October and end early November for me, so I guess it's probably a good thing for me that there won't be much DST action distracting me til after my exams.

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

Welp, major graduating exams start late October and end early November for me, so I guess it's probably a good thing for me that there won't be much DST action distracting me til after my exams.

I thought the event takes place during November?

Winona was kind of a dissapointment. She's a Wilson 2.0, I'd say. Her stats don't have much purpose except for the sewing tape, but I don't think it really is that hard to make a sewing kit, at least a little later in the game when you have silk farms in your base. 

I really like the new sea bases is SW! I haven't found a single tar slick though, so I had to defeat the quacken and get the drill, so I was kinda mad. But after that I made an entire base and it was awesome. I would love to see more in SW soon.

Hamlet is interesting, but we don't have enough info for me to put my opinion on it.

Forge, in my opinion derfinitely sounds awesome! And you said this was the first in a line of events for DST?

*ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

I wonder if Hamlet will introduce new characters as well (I know we just got Winona). I mean it looks like we'll be getting new types of Pig NPC's but I wonder if we'll get a pig type playable character. 

Probably some sort of rebel Piglet. Might be a tomb raider for all we know...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tylordian said:

Winona talks to Wilson as if she knows him. "Hey (name)! How ya doin?"

It's canon that the characters get to know each other within the Don't Starve Together timeline, and reference one another in their quotes. I'd assume this doesn't exclude Winona, but who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

It's canon that the characters get to know each other within the Don't Starve Together timeline, and reference one another in their quotes. I'd assume this doesn't exclude Winona, but who knows.

It's just that she is so much more personal with Wilson than the others. With the exception of Maxwell, who is greeted with discomfort by Winona.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! HYPE HYPE HYPE ! Yeah! Klei!!!

Uhh....anyways, I am going to buy Don't starve. Because I didn't already but now I'm going to buy Every thing! But I haz questions about the game...

1. As always... are you going to add...

Spoiler

REFERENCES?!?!?!?!?

2. When are you going to stream these updates. 

3. PS4, Updates, When?

4. Are we going to fight through the ruins to get to the Forge or is it going to be a game mode

5. Are we going to be able to use the same skins we have in DST on DS?

These are just the questions I have at the moment but I dont want to rush you guys, you have been working so much its unbelievable how the content you make is both amazing and fun! 

Good luck guys on making these DLCs... but I have one more question....

are. you. going. to. add. REFERENCES!

3 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Updating the wiki...

can i have the list of ALL the new items + new stuff for Shipwrecked?

As stated in the announcement post by Bigfoot:

World

• Crockodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
  • Ballphin followers and the Ballphin Den.
  • Roe. New food item. Stocks the fish farm.
  • Cormorants. New sea bird. Source of Roe.
  • Tar Slick. Pools of crude oil bubbling on the surface of the water.
  • Tar. New resource.
  • 3 new variety of tropical fish.
  • Rainbow Jellyfish. 
  • Coral Nubbin. Replant coral after it's mined.
  • Ox will produce offspring.

New Craftables

• Galley and Sea Lab . Make your base at sea.
  • Sea Yard. Keeps your ship repaired on the water.
  • Tar Extractor. Gets Tar from Tar Slick.
  • Tar Suit. Temporary protection from wetness.
  • Tar patch. A sticky situation.    
  • Oil Lamp. Quick lightsource for land and sea.    
  • Fish Farms. Grow food on the water.
  • Encrusted Boat.
  • Quackering Ram. New craftable for the Quacken Beak.
  • Sea wall. Water craftable wall. Blocks waves.
  • Tropical Bouillabaisse. New recipe with new tropical fish. 
  • Caviar. New recipe with Roe

Just now, TrashLord said:

World

• Crockodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
5 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Updating the wiki...

can i have the list of ALL the new items + new stuff for Shipwrecked?

Do note there are three variations. The normal, the water, and the poisonous.

9 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

billy... normally i would agree, micro-transactions are AIDS to the game industry... but this case is different.

1) read this part :"IN ADDITION TO the chance of receiving them as drops"

that means you're not forced to buy from them, and you can get them FOR FREE anyways.

2)they are not EA, they are not Ubisoft, Bethesda or Konami... they are a small company of Canadian folks trying to make something they love, please the fans AND be able to make it to the next month, (easily they could just... move away from a game that, let's face it, is not THAT popular anymore) consider that :?

3)also consider that shipwrecked and Don't stave together actualizations are FREE! and guess what, is really expensive to put time and effort into design how this implementations work, coding, graphically design the new items. if things flow for them, they may keep put more stuff FREELY into Rog AND SW. instead of abandoning it in the state it was (before this announcement)

4)have you considered that... you're buying a game that ALL BY ITSELF (Vainilla + the 2 dlc's + DST) cost like, 40 dolars? (sorry, i don't know the price in dolars because that's not my currency... but converting the cost steam gives me from pesos to dolars is roughtly dat) instead of an incomplete triple A that costs 60$... plus the money from new weapons +  characters + extra missions yadayadayada... adn you end up paying like 150?

5 and more important) they're working on a new DLC... and at the moment they don't have money to develop it,  and waiting until they finish a solid beta will finacially ruin them.

6)because you hate so much microtransactions of this kind ... why don't you go and order one of their physical products that they offer in their store? so... they don't need to do it! and you'll help them as well!

i understand your completely rational hate towards microtransactions (F*CK DEM!  F*K DEM HARD!!1! RIGHT IN DA P00SI!!!), but please, understand that making games is dificult, time/effort consuming, and they are into the developement of a new proyect, and they need our help. (THIS is the only time and company that i'll support microtransactions, but is because i understand them)

so, don't be salty,  if they were crappy developers, LOOOONG time ago DST would be month subscription, mods would have fees (like certain company of tw*ts SCREW YOU BETHESDA!!!1!) and DS+RoG+SW would be plaged with microtransactions

please, Klei, make us proud with this new content like you did with Oxigen not included

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey Klei developers... i know this sound rather clingy-fan-stuff but, i have a little idea for funds raising you may find useful:

why dont you make a twitch in wich we donate you, in exchange of you LIVE design a character... or a boss or a mob or biome or whatever. show us your process of creation!

like with chester, but instead of a kickstarter, you design for us LIVE sketches of a new character/mob/boss if you reach a peak of donation... if you reach (for example) $1000, you take the suggestion from the public on what caracteristics/attacks/life/loot a FANS-DESSIGNED boss will have. or the resources  and dificulties a new biome may have, or a new oficial character!

of course, not everybody will like the idea of a fan-made villian/biome/character... so you make it ito a klei's official MOD that people install at will

c'mon! it may be fun! what's the worst that could happend? just try it once ;) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1