Bigfoot

Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

Roody    12

I have no power because of hurricane Irma and I probably won't have power for the next week or two so I hope the event will still be going on when I regain power, but anyways, I was playing dont starve on my phone (the controls aren't the best, but it's still fun) and got killed right when I saw a YouTube notification for the new Hamlet dlc. 

I was (and still am) estatic. Let me just start by saying thank you Klei. 

It just shows that even though you're working on a new game (which looks fantastic by the way) you still haven't given up on your game (and don't show signs of stopping). Completely opposite of valve, they haven't updated tf2 in a while and gave up on finishing half life 3. 

The update looks amazing. Content for everyone to enjoy. The new skins sound like they'll be pretty awesome, I might get the Webber and Wickerbottom ones if I cant play the event. Also I'm really looking forward to Hamlet, can't wait to explore the new world (and read every wiki page that gets made because I always do that).

In this spoiler, I address the bit of flame that appears on this thread. Skip this bit if it doesn't interest you. Great update, really hyped for it!

Spoiler

Finally, I'd like to address the bit of flame that has arisen. It's pretty pointless. He gave his opinion without insulting anyone, and is now getting insulted. We don't need more people explaining how "the skins are Klei's way of making the update free for everyone" because no matter how many times you explain something, if you're explaining the same thing over and over again, it really won't change anything. (Also so many people have explained that same point by now, I think it makes up 30% or more of the thread). The way to avoid flame is to ignore "flamers". If someone insults you, you won't solve anything by insulting them back. By the way, morino is not flaming, he gave his opinion. The flamers are people who began to attack him. Avoid doing that please, it makes everything so much more pleasant. 

Edited by Roody
Spelling errors
  • Like 1

Rellimarual    3,504

Several people have remarked on how much they like the new skins, but where did you see them? 

Edited by Rellimarual
Typo

Karmattack    764

I know it says it's "beyond the portal" but they also make it sound like a separate game mode/world type so I doubt beating the Ancient Fuelweaver is actually necessary. 

Newax    210

...What are people angry about again?

That you can buy the event skins for money?

...But you guys do realize that they're just as droppable as every other skin in game, right? Sure, theyre avaible only during the event, but paying for them is just another option for getting them that isnt required.

Overally, im super hyped for all of this coming out, can't wait~

Maslak    4,132

Cool stuff. I'm glad to see there will be new DLC for Don't Starve. Its theme is very suprising to me, I can't really imagine what it will be. Time will show.

minespatch    43,621
Just now, Karmattack said:

Time to speculate on the inevitable loyal skin. Mustache head slot item, anyone? 

I would like some tiny spectacles/glasses.:wilson_smile:

• Like 2

Rellimarual    3,504
2 hours ago, Ajosen said:

already started playing the beta

How are you doing this? When I go to Steam, right-click on properties and select the Betas tab, I get a pull down menu with only the "NONE-opt out of all betas" option

oCrapaCreeper    2,330
1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

How are you doing this? When I go to Steam, right-click on properties and select the Betas tab, I get a pull down menu with only the "NONE-opt out of all betas" option

You have to input the password first before the beta is visible. 

• Like 1

Asparagus    9,098

Oh, what? I woke up at 4:30am because I had to take a huge shi-- uh shot and saw the trailer in my recommended while on the toilet...

That's some good sheeeet...

• Like 2

Donke60    3,016

I'm now concerned about shipwrecked since it's going into a second beta or a revival as I'm probably going to call it does that mean we're open the character tweaks because even though the chef is like one of my favorite characters because he makes you do stuff you probably don't want to dob. He still kind of sucks 

Lumina    2,132
23 minutes ago, Roody said:

I have no power because of hurricane Irma and I probably won't have power for the next week or two so I hope the event will still be going on when I regain power

The DST event should not be here before november. You should have power back since it. Hope all is ok for you otherwise.

• Like 2

Pokemaniac7000    326

Me: Oh, Klei uploaded a new video. Cool. *clicks on link*
*EXPLOSION OF NEW CONTENT*

Seriously though, you have no idea how happy I am to see this. Don't Starve/Don't Starve Together still stands as my all time favorite game, and now that y'all are adding stuff that gives entirely new goals I can finally get the inspiration to play it again!