Bigfoot

Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

Karmattack    773
Just now, PandFurr said:

OMG what a joyful day nwn,my question is hoy Many cost Hamlet DLC? D:

I'd assume about the same as the other two. 

Shipwrecked was basically a whole new game and was cheap, I think this DLC is just an add-on to existing Reign of Giants flavored Don't Starve. 

ExtollerOfTrolls    1,708

DANGIT, I just realized this means we have to beat Ancient Guardian. I'll have to see if I can join a bigger group. I love my friends, but they aren't very good at the game, and I can't beat anything without a bigger team.

Edit: Shadow Guardian or whatever, sorry I'm so tired right now.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls

Zeklo    15,955

Will the new skins be marketable? Seems like that could kinda of screw up Klei's way of earning money for the free content.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

so even if all the content is being given for free when they include event skins for sale to not split the comunity like activision, ea and gearbox do they are suddenly the bad guys? they need money and they are providing us with content without charge and the skins will be what keeps founding them to keep expanding the game and this game is already way to old to be getting all this support. instead of pulling a dlc fest like pay day 2 or bringing don't starve 3 they are expanding dst and giving options for people to support the development of the game. please explain to me how is this a bad thing compared to the really ****ty practices many other corporations do like spiting the player base.

• Like 2

watermelen671    12,653

Well then...

I need a new change of pants. Congrats Klei, you're the first dev studio to make me fangasm.

Edit: Wait. WHERE DID MY PANTS GO?!

Edited by watermelen671
WHERE DID MY PANTS GO?!
  • Like 3

RummyNG    63

Things that interest me as of this update:

Will the Forge be a hard and accessible underground location post-event that simply doesn't yield prizes so we can still traverse and enjoy it?

Will recipes from the event as far as armor, weapons, tools and et cetera be usable in the standard DST if that area isn't accessible just for the sake of variety (and fun)?

Will Hamlet detail the history on the shadow world and how the pigmen became savages? I'm going to assume the fuelweaver race corrupted the surface world with nightmares- or the nightmares in general just worked their own way from bottom to top while corrupting anything it touched.

Will the main plot involving Charlie's throning and Maxwell's desire to save her (and everyone's escape) be finished even if the DLC gives us nothing pertaining to that? (Unfinished plots are no fun).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool beans! I am so excited to play more DS and DST! This is kinda my go-to game for livestreams when nothing else seems appealing.... I should really check out the Oxygen Not Included update too... Klei, keep doing what you're doing. Love your work!

• Like 1

PillsStealer    745
28 minutes ago, Deak1113 said:

Soooooooooo don't starve is don't going to be soo lonely :D

They said they're releasing a new dlc for solo. Plus new content coming to shipwrecked