Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

If we didn't announce it all of you would be upset nothing was coming for Don't Starve single player... 

I know everybody is excited, we'll get there. We're just not ready yet. 

what about the event#2

• Like 1

OMG, listen to yourselves, you’re like a pack of spoiled children whining in the backseat on a car trip. They will finish when they finish. There is zero chance they are slacking off because of a lack of moaning in the forums that’s it’s been three months since the last new content. I would rather have the new game(s) sooner than some trailer..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

OMG, listen to yourselves, you’re like a pack of spoiled children whining in the backseat on a car trip. They will finish when they finish. There is zero chance they are slacking off because of a lack of moaning in the forums that’s it’s been three months since the last new content. I would rather have the new game(s) sooner than some trailer..

They can by all means take their time but don't act like customers don't have a right to be concerned when updates go dark for a long time. I'm not even saying they're slacking off, and I don't want a trailer or even an anticipated release date. I just want some kind of progress update, some sign that the lights are still on so to speak. 

It's quiet, too quiet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karmattack said:

They can by all means take their time but don't act like customers don't have a right to be concerned when updates go dark for a long time. I'm not even saying they're slacking off, and I don't want a trailer or even an anticipated release date. I just want some kind of progress update, some sign that the lights are still on so to speak. 

It's quiet, too quiet. 

The fact that they annouced the new dlc is probably enough to prove that they are working on new dlc... And if you want a progress update then just wait. They will probably release early access

3 hours ago, Karmattack said:

I just want some kind of progress update, some sign that the lights are still on so to speak. 

But we got messages from Klei here. They said they aren't ready yet. It's a progress update, maybe not the one people want, but still. It's a clear message that something will come, when they'll be ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

The fact that they annouced the new dlc is probably enough to prove that they are working on new dlc... And if you want a progress update then just wait. They will probably release early access

They announced it before this long period of silence though. I'm just curious why they announced it so early if they weren't going to put any attention behind it. There's not enough info to speculate on much over here, and the Twitter side of things is only talking about ONI and Hot Lava. You could easily not even know it was a thing unless you ran into it on the Steam store. "You'd complain if we didn't announce anything" is what the staff keeps saying in response to this but they aren't saying anything except "when it's ready 'o clock".