Bigfoot

Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

Rellimarual    4,004

Anything that involves a lot of combat is less interesting to me than new creatures, craftable items and biomes, but what's awesome about this announcement is that it's got something for everyone, including new content we can explore right now.

• Like 3

Mikeadatrix    2,031
2 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

So much new content. I wonder the Forge will do for the lore. What'll happen to Charlie?

Since the Forge does happen to be an arena, I say within a year we're gonna get a Shadow Arena. PERFECT alternative to an adventure mode rescue for Charlie.

• Like 4

1v0    836

Lol just lol so much content for both game I don't even know what to say ... I'm really excited about both news for DST and DS . I will surely get the DLC for DS also time to get back into SW :p .

I just have one question ... If there are not going to be DLC for DST will there be big updates like new biomes for the normal world (content that is not an event but here to stay/game changer) ???

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 1

Cookiemies    84

so the hamlet is going to be a dlc which you dont like make bases and survive?

You just buy stuffs from the pigs and explore some caves and such and refill your items and stats at the village again?

• Like 2

Nebulaemon    53
13 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

Hey, hey hey hey. I don't wanna start drama, but I think you may be misunderstanding the situation here. You can still get the skins as drops, free of charge! You just have the option to buy them instead if you can't wait for them.

1 hour ago, Bigfoot said:
  • In addition to the chance of receiving them as drops, players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Warrior Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Warrior Skin Set collection for $12.99.
  • The nature of the skins themselves will not change, they are still purely cosmetic and optional. However, purchase of the Warrior Set will help us fund further content and events like this one.

[bolding and italicizing is mine] See? It's not like they're pay-only, technically you don't have to give Klei any money what-so-ever during this. It's just that they're a company, and companies unfortunately need to make money, so people have the option to help them out a little. I promise they're not withholding them from players without the money, you can read it right there. Don't panic. It's all chill. Again, not trying to start a fight, just trying to help out.

Edit: ninja'd by an entire page, thanks guys (not sarcastic, genuinely thankful)

Edited by Nebulaemon
  • Like 4

Ashkain    997
Just now, Derick Gonzatto said:

Please, do skins for Don't Starve

This, I just wanna be able to show off my shiny elegants... to myself. I feel so naked without my skins when I play DS. :C

• Like 2