Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

33 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Good taste, but don’t feel bad: everything is cheaper for those who lack it.

Because i make some professional stuff on it so i need a good engine. Because i hate PC. And because everything is more beautyfull, efficient and cool with a Mac.

I used PC during 10 years and i  feel much better now. Really...

However, that's not the point...

Edited by Nino123
  • Like 3

Hopefully this game/DLC comes out sometime soon.  I've been stoked to play it since September -.-
Although, they said it'll have a PC release before PS4. It's awesome that it's coming to PS4 but it kind of makes me sad that us console gamers will have to wait even longer :wilson_cry:.

Don't Starve has definitively been one of my favourite go-to games since I first tried it years ago.
I hope they never stop working on it lol.

Also, quick question if anybody knows or has heard anything;  Will the Shipwrecked Content Update come out for consoles at the same time as PC, or is that going to be post-PC release as well?

On 9/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

You're upset that Klei is going to release an entirely optional DLC (which consists of no gameplay or any "missed" content) in order to fund and fuel FREE content in the future?
I could see being upset if they were charging money for simple content updates.  But to "never again buy or touch anything Klei makes" because some people may want to purchase skin packs to support the company sounds a tad dramatic.

Companies charging money for the products & service they provide has been the norm since the dawn of companies, products and services in general though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shootem_Badguys said:

You're upset that Klei is going to release an entirely optional DLC (which consists of no gameplay or any "missed" content) in order to fund and fuel FREE content in the future?
I could see being upset if they were charging money for simple content updates.  But to "never again buy or touch anything Klei makes" because some people may want to purchase skin packs to support the company sounds a tad dramatic.

Companies charging money for the products & service they provide has been the norm since the dawn of companies, products and services in general though.

You might want to go check the date of that post you're replying to...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm personally very excited for Hamlet, I trust it's gonna be good. I think what I'm most excited for is how it's gonna rework the style of the game with art and mechanics we've never seen before. Specifically, large indoor buildings with actual walls. I've wanted to see how this would translate to the game's art and I'm glad to see so far it looks well from the screenshots.

Even if it takes a long time to release, I'd rather Klei take their time and make sure it's a healthy build upon launch. I, for one, am fine with setting aside 5 bucks in my steam account waiting for its release, I'd rather it not be rushed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only thing is that Hamlet is Q1/Q2 and it's near the end of Q1 so it's intended to be released sometime in the next three months. Although they also said if they felt like it they'd take as long as they needed to in order to finish it so.

Generally I feel the next event will come first, but either way Klei won't say anything until they feel like it which is usually the day before something is released.

6 minutes ago, Naveil said:

i feel like this thread could use this wise quote

A4E9CE03-7080-44C2-AD6A-0CB019712372.png

Not all that wise considering;

- a delayed game can still be bad and usually is since if it's delayed it means they're having problems, which makes it more likely to come out bad then an average game with smooth development. (I have seen this happen, multiple times)

- a rushed game isn't guaranteed to be bad, and even if it is it can still be patched into being good. (I have also seen this happen, multiple times)

This guy is supposed to be a game developer?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Korlie said:

- a delayed game can still be bad and usually is since if it's delayed it means they're having problems, which makes it more likely to come out bad then an average game with smooth development. (I have seen this happen, multiple times)

- a rushed game isn't guaranteed to be bad, and even if it is it can still be patched into being good. (I have also seen this happen, multiple times)

Wow, just wow... I really can't believe I read this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Korlie said:

Could you please link me to the many games you have made? This is seriously so condescending and ignorant I can't even sugarcoat it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Korlie said:

You didn't have to be so rude. Miyamoto is one of the biggest minds in the gaming world.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Korlie said:

D922A486-1355-448C-9C87-B4B32150B976.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Wow, just wow... I really can't believe I read this.

The quote is be all end all about a subject that is not be all end all, for the sake of sounding more catchy. It's incorrect, like saying the sky is always blue.

44 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Could you please link me to the many games you have made? This is seriously so condescending and ignorant I can't even sugarcoat it.

My tone isn't condescending at all except if you perceive me as being inferior to the one I am criticizing, in which case I sound condescending because I'm not acting lower then them. There's nothing ignorant about my point at all, that quote is extremely inaccurate to the realities of game design. A rushed game is not always bad, a delayed game is not always good nor is a delayed game always forever bad.

43 minutes ago, MewUra said:

You didn't have to be so rude. Miyamoto is one of the biggest minds in the gaming world.

Yes it's rude to criticize an idol in your mind. Unfortunately, their title does not translate to them being correct about everything. It is quite amazing that they are a game developer, considering that quote sounds like it's coming from a player who doesn't know the actual craft.

10 minutes ago, Naveil said:

D922A486-1355-448C-9C87-B4B32150B976.jpeg

None of you have objectively stated how my legitimate criticism is wrong. It's either "oh my god, how dare you" or "do you KNOW who they are" neither of which are genuine retorts. Like I said that quote is extremely inaccurate, it states that things are always a certain way when those things are not always a certain way. It's wrong, and them being famous doesn't make it right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Korlie said:

Unfortunately, their title does not translate to them being correct about everything. It is quite amazing that they are a game developer, considering that quote sounds like it's coming from a player who doesn't know the actual craft.

Interesting since you still haven't provided me with the games you've made. You have the audacity to say they don't seem to know the craft, and that's all well in good, but in what way do you know the craft?

Just now, Zeklo said:

Interesting since you still haven't provided me with the games you've made. You have the audacity to say they don't seem to know the craft, and that's all well in good, but in what way do you know the craft?

See, you still are avoiding thinking for yourself. Instead of actually countering what I have said with a logical retort, you are trying to discredit me that way you can call me wrong without actually proving I am wrong. If I am wrong, prove me actually wrong, instead of cowering behind copy paste internet tactics to treat me like I'm wrong without actually proving it.

You should try thinking for yourself instead of just jumping on the population train. The inaccuracy of that quote is extremely obvious. He is saying that certain situations always lead to the same exact outcomes. This is fundamentally not true, there are many different outcomes to many different situations, especially the ones he is describing. Things are not be all end all.

It likely won't matter what I've said, as if you're the kind of person to thoughtlessly condemn criticism of an idol without actually thinking for yourself and questioning what the idol says; nothing I say will teach you any better of a mindset.

• Like 1

Just now, Korlie said:

See, you still are avoiding thinking for yourself. Instead of actually countering what I have said with a logical retort, you are trying to discredit me that way you can call me wrong without actually proving I am wrong. If I am wrong, prove me actually wrong, instead of cowering behind copy paste internet tactics to treat me like I'm wrong without actually proving it.

You should try thinking for yourself instead of just jumping on the population train. The inaccuracy of that quote is extremely obvious. He is saying that certain situations always lead to the same exact outcomes. This is fundamentally not true, there are many different outcomes to many different situations, especially the ones he is describing. Things are not be all end all.

It likely won't matter what I've said, as if you're the kind of person to thoughtlessly condemn criticism of an idol without actually thinking for yourself and questioning what the idol says; nothing I say will teach you any better of a mindset.

So annoying..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Korlie said:

What reason do I have to prove you wrong when you don't even have your foot in the discussion? I know how creditable they are. I don't know how creditable you are.

I pay a doctor for their services for their experience and education. I don't pay a random complaining member on the forums anything, because they likely don't know what they're talking about. And unsurprisingly you refuse to provide the very thing that can convince me. That's really all it takes, but you don't have it.

See the thing is, I never said he was right. I simple asked a question about you, and you stubbornly refused to answer it because you can't without showing how feeble your argument is.

Once more, I never stated my stance on anything. You're just writing it off because this isn't something you can win. You can play the intellect but you're just digging your hole deeper with each post. I really don't need to do anything here, but watch you tear yourself down.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Corazon said:

So annoying..

Hey look, another impulsive display of negativity which has no actual thought or consideration in it.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

What reason do I have to prove you wrong when you don't even have your foot in the discussion? I know how creditable they are. I don't know how creditable you are.

I pay a doctor for their services for their experience and education. I don't pay a random complaining member on the forums anything, because they likely don't know what they're talking about. And unsurprisingly you refuse to provide the very thing that can convince me. That's really all it takes, but you don't have it.

See the thing is, I never said he was right. I simple asked a question about you, and you stubbornly refused to answer it because you can't without showing how feeble your argument is.

Once more, I never stated my stance on anything. You're just writing it off because this isn't something you can win. You can play the intellect but you're just digging your hole deeper with each post. I really don't need to do anything here, but watch you tear down yourself.

I've been playing video games for the past sixteen years, and I've been designing them for the past six. However I am not allowed to state the company I am a part of because we work anonymously together. And I'm not about to break my oath just to prove something to you, I have nothing to prove and even if I did it wouldn't satisfy you.

You are still crutching on the same pathetic tactic. "Oh you're wrong" "you know you can't win" so on, so forth, acting like a condescending child. Things I have heard spoken by uncountable adolescents online. All the while, you refuse to present forward how I am wrong, all you keep doing is saying I am wrong. You have no points and you have no logic, all you have is the impulse to defend your precious idol. I have seen your exact same behavior so many times before and it is always the same, you have no points against my standing so all you do is act superior and talk down to me so you can fight against what I'm saying without actually having to present genuine evidence against it.

The guy is saying that when X happens X is always the conclusion, and this is just not true. None of you have any counter points, because there are no counter points. X happening does not always lead to X conclusion, believing otherwise is extremely ignorant to the variables of game design and basic reality. Very few things are be all end all in these kinds of situations, lots of kinds of things can happen and there are many different outcomes; saying otherwise is just plain ignorant.

I'm not wasting anymore time on this and I'm really disappointed in you guys, in each of you. This is such a textbook, highschool drama fiction display of pack mentality, idolatry and witchhunting. It's incredibly uncool to see people acting like such mindless drones and being destructive while doing it.

• Like 1