Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

14 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Maybe but this doesn't feel right. I think that there should be some sort of early access trailer and early access itself. That's just how I feel

Well, the dlc is usually released on steam for the early access. At least it was how it was for shipwrecked. So we'll see. But i agree, no new trailer or teasing or something could mean that the release isn't that soon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Naveil said:

guys look!!! release date for hamlet leaked!!!

(anyone can make a leak, it’s not hard)

B09B5EAF-01E8-42D1-B9EE-A5B653C77F5F.jpeg

steam is either very leaky nowadays, or there are some huge bugs...

Btw, I'm pretty sure if we wait till 31. February, we'll have some surprice xD

• Haha 2

Ok - So I poked around and I think I figured out what happened. 

So in steam, we have 2 places to put a date, a public date and an estimated non-public date. We have March 20 as the internal private date. That was an estimation set a long long time ago when the project was first started. (I wasn't even aware of this date as it's basically a placeholder).

It looks like Valve accidentally used this date when they rolled out the new wishlists and then quickly corrected it after that. 

Sorry for all the confusion there. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Naveil said:

I’m implying that you shouldn’t believe everything you see on the internet, even if it does look convincing

i thought that this release date was kind of a secret between the devs and steam and after steam implemented the new wishlist they mixed them up. Its not like anyone else has access to this particular date except the devs from klei and steam making it believable and plausible. But whatever floats your boaty.

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Ok - So I poked around and I think I figured out what happened. 

So in steam, we have 2 places to put a date, a public date and an estimated non-public date. We have March 20 as the internal private date. That was an estimation set a long long time ago when the project was first started. (I wasn't even aware of this date as it's basically a placeholder).

It looks like Valve accidentally used this date when they rolled out the new wishlists and then quickly corrected it after that. 

Sorry for all the confusion there. 

My whole life has been a lie.

• Sad 1

hm, i don t want to start a new thead for this so i m writing in this one. the logo in the hamlet-video (right at the end, second 29) looks like there are thornes from a rose under the letters. but that can t be, because in singleplayer the world is still maxwells playground, right?

• Like 2

Since the game has already been ported to that platform and creating a new DLC is more about adding new assests and features without heavily modifying the engine, it is reasonable to expect that it will be available for OSX as well as GNU/Linux the say day as for Windows. That's my guess atleast, even though I haven't read any official statement.