Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

18 hours ago, JoeW said:

There are event skins you don't keep because they are thematically provided for the event (think, tattered rags). There are much better versions of those skins that drop and you can keep.

If you all loved the temporary skins that dropped during holiday events in the past, I strongly recommend creating a new thread and showing us which skins you loved and would like to see dropped for keeps. =)

ALL OF THEM 

well ok minus one I thought Wes's mandrake costume was sub par I thought we were going to see the  return of jester outfit 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roody said:

Anyone know what the Galley is? I can't find a wiki page for it.

I've been digging around in the files and in-game and I can't find any mention of this anywhere. It must be unimplemented or something.
I was hoping that it would be a kind of Crock Pot that you could use on the ocean (Because, y'know, a galley is the kitchen on a ship) Sucks they didn't add it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mueck said:

According to this bug report ...

... the Galley was renamed to Buoyant Chiminea aka. Sea Chiminea. So it's actually in the game and everything is fine ;)

Oh. I thought the galley would be a water crock pot like @NeddoFreddo said since woodlegs calls the crockpot a galley already. Are you sure the Galley was renamed? 

Edit: nevermind, I read the bug report. I like the way the Bouyant Chiminea looks by the way, reminds me of the front of a train for some reason.

Edited by Roody
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Sooo... In Hamlet DLC, how many here in the forum believe that we are going to get a new character  "pigman character".

Would you want a pigman character?

If yes how would you like to be his perks.

Obviously he will make poop by eating vegetables and huge sanity drain on evening and night. And werepig mode on full moon or by eating monster meat.

On 14/09/2017 at 1:17 AM, Bigfoot said:

In addition to the chance of receiving them as drops, players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Warrior Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Warrior Skin Set collection for $12.99.

I'm curious, will these be purchasable by steam currency then..?

9 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

The steam wallet money you can get for selling stuff on market 

You can also get steam currency by depositing credit card money into steam wallet or with a bought steam code. That's how you get currency for buying skins on the market.

I was wondering if buying the skins would it be in-game using a credit card, or on the DST steampage which would allow steam currency, or whatever else.

Loving the new Rainbow Jellies by the way. You can push them around pretty easily, and they wont attack so you basically have a squishy lamp for when you don't want to craft a boat torch. 

Anyone know the rate for the tar pump? Is it 1 a day?

Edited by Roody

35 minutes ago, Roody said:

Loving the new Rainbow Jellies by the way. You can push them around pretty easily, and they wont attack so you basically have a squishy lamp for when you don't want to craft a boat torch. 

rainbow jellyfishes also show you the road to volcano on new moon days. road from jellyfishes appears on fist new moon day and lead to volcano

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, landromat said:

rainbow jellyfishes also show you the road to volcano on new moon days. road from jellyfishes appears on fist new moon day and lead to volcano

I did not know that. Thanks for telling me! The wiki doesn't even have a page on them yet so I haven't gotten to know their mechanics yet. Where does the road start? Just random?

48 minutes ago, Roody said:

I did not know that. Thanks for telling me! The wiki doesn't even have a page on them yet so I haven't gotten to know their mechanics yet. Where does the road start? Just random?

idk, need more testing. probably it just appears near you, or it's random

6 hours ago, Roody said:

I put a lure plant bulb into the tar pump and it produced something like 50 tars in a few days

10 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I put a lure plant bulb into the tar pump and it produced something like 50 tars in a few days

Wow! That's a lot of tar in a few days! Lureplants are kinda rare though so might not be worth it if you only have one. I'm going to try putting grass tuft, berry bushes and saplings in it to see how much that produces.