Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

On 9/13/2017 at 0:17 PM, Bigfoot said:

Players who participate in the event will also be eligible to earn event specific skins. For the skin system, we are doing several changes:

Wait, does this mean we'll be able to actually earn and keep event skins like the Yule Dress and Lucky Beast Attire instead of losing them at the end of the event?

Edited by TrashLord
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Wait, does this mean we'll be able to actually earn and keep event skins like the Yule Dress and Lucky Beast Attire instead of losing them at the end of the event?

I was hoping to be able to get skins like the Cherub skin and Swoon emote but yeah that sounds more likely lol. I'll just have to wait and hope they give those skins next Valentines if not.

• Like 1

Will we see any fixes applied to existing content for the PS4 version? I personally have encountered two significant issues such as custom world gen options failing to function correctly and also a spontaneous transition from Autumn to Winter which I suspect was the result of the notorious caves bug. Goose/Goose also crashed my game a couple of times on one save but the only reference to that I could find was a bug report for the PC version that was fixed a while ago now. Edit: A second look turned up a recent bug report that describes the same issue I had including the crash screen: 

I'm happy to hear Don't Starve will still be receiving your support, Klei, but if I had to choose I'd take some much needed bug fixes over additional content.

Edited by wakju
I typed Moose not Goose is this a deliberate joke?

Hey everyone who was saying they wanted more lore; Winona is Charlie's sister and worked at the factory that manufacturered and distributed the radios that Maxwell used to talk to Wilson. A lot of her quotes hint at the factory fire, and she recognizes the radio at the top of the divining rod. 

Also she's just a really good character. No downsides and her tape is handy for big servers if you want to save hound teeth for traps.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Roody said:

Hey everyone who was saying they wanted more lore; Winona is Charlie's sister and worked at the factory that manufacturered and distributed the radios that Maxwell used to talk to Wilson. A lot of her quotes hint at the factory fire, and she recognizes the radio at the top of the divining rod. 

Her speech file leaked some time ago, so a big part of the active commuity here in the forums already knew that, that's why people weren't all that hyped with the lore that came with her release :p

But thanks for sharing anyway!

23 hours ago, TrashLord said:

There are event skins you don't keep because they are thematically provided for the event (think, tattered rags). There are much better versions of those skins that drop and you can keep.

If you all loved the temporary skins that dropped during holiday events in the past, I strongly recommend creating a new thread and showing us which skins you loved and would like to see dropped for keeps. =)

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vaaso said:

Can you let us pre-order this dlc? That would let you put even more content

Are you NUTS? We are still trying to convince ourself that all this updates aren't a dream and you want more content?

The pre-order thing isn't a bad idea tho, I'm 100% with you.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

If you all loved the temporary skins that dropped during holiday events in the past, I strongly recommend creating a new thread and showing us which skins you loved and would like to see dropped for keeps. =)

giphy.thumb.gif.e1a2c58eb2677dfb20cd3e09aa44d0d6.gif

• Like 1

Pre-order could be dangerous, they could lead to disappointment because of lack of information, and if people preorder then cancel, it's not a good thing for Klei. But i guess that, as usual, the game will have a phase of early access, that will allows people wanting to support Klei to buy the game before final release, to help the process and help funding the DLC, which is better than preorder for me.

• Like 3

Man, I slack on keeping up with the forums for a few weeks, and suddenly you guys drop a bomb like this! This kind of Sneaky Surprise Substance Supplement (I am very alone) is why I love this company and its products. Well, that and... the usual... high quality of those... products... yeah. Anyway, good job, Klei! Between this and Griftlands, I'm really looking forward to 2018.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roody said:

Will Winona be coming to don't starve? I want to use her in shipwrecked since she can easily repair the sails for the boats.

Officially, I doubt it. Wouldn't make much sense seeing as she was brought in during Charlie's reign. But I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in a mod soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roody said:

Will Winona be coming to don't starve? I want to use her in shipwrecked since she can easily repair the sails for the boats.

I just assume since we got Webber we'll be getting a playable pigman I like the name Wilbert (since Wilbur is already taken) or Waller since it's a pig. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Officially, I doubt it. Wouldn't make much sense seeing as she was brought in during Charlie's reign. But I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in a mod soon.

Perhaps rather than being unlocked with XP, players can craft a florid postern that she comes out of or something. I would like to see her in don't starve, but I guess I can make do with having her as a mod. (Although I really don't like modding the game.)

3 minutes ago, Avarwen said:

I just assume since we got Webber we'll be getting a playable pigman I like the name Wilbert (since Wilbur is already taken) or Waller since it's a pig. 

Having a pig character would be pretty cool. Gets hungry faster but can eat rot for 7 hunger and 1 health or something like that. Maybe like Wilbur, pigs are already considered followers? I don't know what they will do, but I know it'll be awesome.

• Like 2