Winona confirmed perks

2 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Winona could be great for the mom players, the ones that craft and cook and take care of the base when everyone else is out. I will probably use her, as I like being the mom of the base.

I've heard a lot of people describe Wickerbottom as such a character with that play style.

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Xbox can have loseona.

I agree she's garbage, deserves to be fed to the trash man, Wolfgang.

Just now, cactusarms said:

Maybe she has really high health or hunger or something.

Could be a reference to her "indomitable spirit" yes.

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

I agree she's garbage, deserves to be fed to the trash man, Wolfgang.

When the group is out of food but needs Wolfgang to go super-saiyan, they feed him one of the plebeian characters instead.

Folks, folks. First of all, let's keep this from going down that path we all know it eventually will. I'm not personally happy with how she looks at the moment either but there's better ways to discuss this than singling people out and shooting negativity at them.

4 minutes ago, The Curator said:

That's one way to completely back down from a debate while not actually taking responsibility for it yes.

It's more a reminder that people play video games for different reasons than you. If all you want is to have a easy op m3ta to be MLG at don't starve there are already characters for that. MAYBE just maybe, people like her perks. 

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

So you're confirming my point that people only value combat. 

You're definitely confirming my point about me hoping you're good looking or strong so you have at least something going for you.

Would you like to double down and explain to me how saving a few seconds with absolutely no time pressure is as useful as getting hit less (because enemies die faster) getting more efficient weapon use (less hits needed per enemy) and stopping negative sanity auras (because enemies die twice as quickly)?

4 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I've heard a lot of people describe Wickerbottom as such a character with that play style.

Yes, it's one possible playstyle as Wickerbottom, staying at base, harvesting things, cooking meals and using her books to provide food. There are others ways to play her, but it's a possibility that works well. Winona could fit in this playstyle since she build things fast and can repair clothes, but she will probably lacks something.

At the moment, if i'm not underestimating her fast build perk, she needs a little something more in my eyes.

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

But surely, Maxwell is better for that. 

"Mommy why do you keep fragmenting your mind to create shadows that do your bidding" 

maxwell: " don't look darling mummies just going hunting for some nightmare creatures to fuel sorcery" 

Just now, Lumina said:

Yes, it's one possible playstyle as Wickerbottom, staying at base, harvesting things, cooking meals and using her books to provide food. There are others ways to play her, but it's a possibility that works well. Winona could fit in this playstyle since she build things fast and can repair clothes, but she will probably lacks something.

At the moment, if i'm not underestimating her fast build perk, she needs a little something more in my eyes.

Well, in looking at a base builder playstyle it's hard to see what Winona brings to the table that makes her better than anyone else at it.  She'd save a few seconds with set up... but wicker doesn't need to build an alchemy engine at all if she's going to just sit at the base and craft.  Wicker can mass produce food with birds, mass produce twigs and grass, make tentacle traps for hound waves.

Winona gets discount sewing kits and builds the 10 or so base structures a second faster, maybe.  Might as well play wilson and make a few extra meat effigies.

Just now, Ajosen said:

"Mommy why do you keep fragmenting your mind to create shadows that do your bidding" 

maxwell: " don't look darling mummies just going hunting for some nightmare creatures to fuel sorcery" 

I just mean, for like doing chores around a base. Surely Maxwell, with his tree chopping clones is the best option.

I don't how being able to build things quicker makes a difference. 

Just now, Toros said:

You're definitely confirming my point about me hoping you're good looking or strong so you have at least something going for you.

Would you like to double down and explain to me how saving a few seconds with absolutely no time pressure is as useful as getting hit less (because enemies die faster) getting more efficient weapon use (less hits needed per enemy) and stopping negative sanity auras (because enemies die twice as quickly)?

Getting hit less depends on your kiting. Killing something faster saves the time you spend kiting. As I've said, it's saving time for combat. If you're good at kiting then it isn't an issue. Getting more efficient weapon use is alright but if you're using a hambat no problem, and well sanity aura can be annoying but sanity isn't hard to get back.

Seeing my point yet? Combat time matters very little to me. That's just how I play. Deal with it. People value a characters worth based on different things. Deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

It's more a reminder that people play video games for different reasons than you. If all you want is to have a easy op m3ta to be MLG at don't starve there are already characters for that. MAYBE just maybe, people like her perks. 

I main Willow for a reason.

The point is, Winona is a massively teased character who is the first the game has seen in a long time and the first one to be released exclusive to Don't Starve Together; and she's literally just a slightly better Wilson so far. As unfortunate as it is that her perks don't measure up to the meta, the bigger problem is that her perks are downright uncreative and barely usable in general. The sewing kit already exists, and usually only new players are at risk from Charlie.

This is more of a reminder that people have different reasons for condemning something then you.

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I just mean, for like doing chores around a base. Surely Maxwell, with his tree chopping clones is the best option.

I don't how being able to build things quicker makes a difference. 

Maxwells great for fast resource gathering. He's the best I'd say. But let's say you want to craft a massive amount of cut grass for armour, drying racks, weapons for 6 people in a server. Wiona would be able to half the time it takes to do that. So that is quite useful and also unique to her 

1 minute ago, landromat said:

Winona brings nothing new to the game. That's sad. No new mechanics, No unique items (bad version of sewing kit does not count)

She looks weak and boring for my opinion, but maybe she has some hidden mechanics. needs testing

Yeah, I think we are missing something.

She has the look of a mechanic, and as of now, there's nothing about her that screams mechanic to me. Duck tape really isn't enough and the building things quicker is pretty pointless. 

2 minutes ago, landromat said:

Winona brings nothing new to the game. That's sad. No new mechanics, No unique items (bad version of sewing kit does not count)

She looks weak and boring for my opinion, but maybe she has some hidden mechanics. needs testing

Yeah, I think we are missing something.

She has the look of a mechanic, and as of now, there's nothing about her that screams mechanic to me. Duck tape really isn't enough and the building things quicker is pretty pointless. 

When I first heard of Winona I thought she's going to have some cool perks being able to build mechanical tools & don't starve-y gizmos or at least have something to do with mechanical stuff. I don't wanna come off as ungrateful but my hype train just drove off a cliff if this is the only piece of new content we are getting for a long time..

Archived