Meet Winona!

13 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

From what I see so far it seems Winona might need to be joining Woodie & Willow around the firepit of low-tier characters.

Well, the hype is going down for me. But idk why u guys put woodie in the same place as willow ? He can bring wood like noone, can manage his sanity very easily with the beareaver.. he is pretty well down gameplay whise and design whise. In my opinion ! 

But yeah somes characters needs a little love to be more enjoyable with somes uniques interesting perks. ( Don't get me started on the ****ty one from DS Shipwrecked )

Anyway, I hope she has some interesting stuff more appropriate for late game :)

5 hours ago, The Curator said:

also I hate to be the one to say it but she looks really ugly tbh

28 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

Eh, we can atleast agree she actually looks more feminine in her portrait versus the first image we got.

Great, because a woman should be pretty, feminine, not ugly... She works in a factory, but no, what is important is how good looking she is.

57 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

Screenshot_2017-09-13-19-41-41.thumb.png.3fdd2887f711426d6902b7b2cbe3e24c.png

Description of her trusty tape from a stream. It seems to be a one-use item too judging from multiple trusty tapes you start off with. She doesn't have other starting items or obvious perks from what I can see though from the stream though.

why would they give a character a unique craftable which is literally a slightly altered copy of an existing item. how is that remotely meant to be an interesting perk

and getting one free hit from Charlie is borderline useless considering sanity drain still punishes running around in the dark

so either there's something unique that her tape has which makes it more then just a sewing kit, or her builder ability is the only chance of this character being actually interesting

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

why would they give a character a unique craftable which is literally a slightly altered copy of an existing item. how is that remotely meant to be an interesting perk

and getting one free hit from Charlie is borderline useless considering sanity drain still punishes running around in the dark

so either there's something unique that her tape has which makes it more then just a sewing kit, or her builder ability is the only chance of this character being actually interesting

looks like she will have Wilson stats, because she can do nothing special

(inb4 400 all stats to compensate ****ty perks)

10 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Great, because a woman should be pretty, feminine, not ugly... She works in a factory, but no, what is important is how good looking she is.

Does it need to be explained to you that being attractive is a quintessential evolutionary feature of human females in order to attract mates, or has it not been made obvious to you by the fact that many females, especially young females, are naturally attractive to some degree. Hense the whole, physical appeal and attraction aspect of the entire human civilization. It is also nice that you are insinuating that because she works in a factory, she has no possible need to look good as a living organism so she might as well just look terrible because her job in the human empire doesn't require that she looks nice. Screw her personal or romantic life eh.

Actually the discussion was more on how unusually grotesque and inaccurate her portrait is in comparison to her ingame model, the portrait making her legitimately look far older and more decrepit then she actually is.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

It is also nice that you are insinuating that because she works in a factory, she has no possible need to look good as a living organism so she might as well just look terrible because her job in the human empire doesn't require that she looks nice. Screw her personal or romantic life eh.

Yeah, it's exactly this. Or, maybe women could have something else to do with their life than being pretty everytime and could even, what, is it possible be happy without being pretty all the time. Because personal and romantic life require you to be pretty, of course. Can't live when you aren't pretty if you are a woman, you disappears if it's the case.

Some comments about her look aren't needed. She can't simply be, she also must be feminine, because.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

Yeah, it's exactly this. Or, maybe women could have something else to do with their life than being pretty everytime and could even, what, is it possible be happy without being pretty all the time. Because personal and romantic life require you to be pretty, of course. Can't live when you aren't pretty if you are a woman, you disappears if it's the case.

Some comments about her look aren't needed. She can't simply be, she also must be feminine, because.

There is a reason why people leave their baggage back at their hotel room when they go wander around town.

Screenshot_2017-09-13-21-05-08.thumb.png.283b1a88ca3f39d7c27423f8cf51313b.png

Another tidbit from the stream: Ghost Winona! And yeah I really can't see any additional perks so far, though personally I think it's probably to do with the structures or clothing tab.

EDIT: Winona perks available in JohnWatson's topic! 

If anyone's curious about how she sounds by the way, here's a sample. (Link seems to only work opened with twitch app for me. weird):

http://www.twitch.tv/abeardedjoker/v/174338856?sr=a&t=4230s

47 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Does it need to be explained to you that being attractive is a quintessential evolutionary feature of human females in order to attract mates, or has it not been made obvious to you by the fact that many females, especially young females, are naturally attractive to some degree. Hense the whole, physical appeal and attraction aspect of the entire human civilization. It is also nice that you are insinuating that because she works in a factory, she has no possible need to look good as a living organism so she might as well just look terrible because her job in the human empire doesn't require that she looks nice. Screw her personal or romantic life eh.

Actually the discussion was more on how unusually grotesque and inaccurate her portrait is in comparison to her ingame model, the portrait making her legitimately look far older and more decrepit then she actually is.

What the hell did I have to read with my own goddamned eyes.

3 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Screenshot_2017-09-13-21-05-08.thumb.png.283b1a88ca3f39d7c27423f8cf51313b.png

Another tidbit from the stream: Ghost Winona! And yeah I really can't see any additional perks so far, though personally I think it's probably to do with the structures or clothing tab.

She looks pretty cute there. Her headband looks like a secondary flame.

Archived