Don't Starve Shower Thoughts

On 8/21/2017 at 3:41 AM, AniMike said:

@ZhuzhaGet some new glasses, Wickerbottom, my mighty fingers show no mercy to my keyboard, I will do twice as much damage to you & your Librarian's brain. The left overs from your fle- (Kid-friendly I promise ) -and I'll build such a mighty weapon to crush my foes & your blind mind.

Edgyrick...? That you?

On 8/21/2017 at 3:41 PM, AniMike said:

@ZhuzhaGet some new glasses, Wickerbottom, my mighty fingers show no mercy to my keyboard, I will do twice as much damage to you & your Librarian's brain. The left overs from your fle- (Kid-friendly I promise ) -and I'll build such a mighty weapon to crush my foes & your blind mind.

*Sleepy Time Stories*

*The End is Nigh!*

(Also, have you ever noticed Wickerbottom's eyes are always closed?)

On 8/8/2017 at 2:57 AM, KoreanWaffles said:

How are gold tools so durable?

"Must be game logic" - Maxwell (When examining gold pickaxe)

Spider eats more than 20 foot tall mutant Badger Bear

"They're mostly digestive system" - Maxwell

Oh, and also, Wes can inflate balloons, but where does he get all those strings from? O_O

His hair. That's why it's so spindly. DUH.

Why does Woodie's beard never grow? Why does Webber even have a beard? Can spiders ever grow beards?

Woodie knows how to survive in the woods, and how to keep his beard groomed out there, doncha know?

Webber has a beard because the spider half of him can create silk, and he just weaves it into a beard as the days progress. (Like when you're just sitting at the campfire, waiting for dawn."

How exactly does Chester work? I mean, where are his vital organs located? Most of him is just empty space after all.

All of his organs are in his eyebone. Next question!

Frog rain. How does it work?

...May I remind you that IRL there are places where it RAINS FISH AND TARANTULAS!!

Why does Antlion get mad at you? How does she even know you exist, much less, know where you are to create sinkholes.

It's just a baby ant+lion that was warped by The Fuel. I knows where you are because it can sense when there's breachers because they emit a different frequency and vibration when she's underground. She then uses that knowledge to triangulate the most likely place you'll be, and launches an attack. Unless you give her the good shiz. 

How does Toadstool fit in such a tiny hole?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

And that's all that needs to be said. x3

Football helmets are made from pig skins, have 450 durability (or 315 in DST), and give 80% damage reduction. Pigs have 250 and no resistances. All you did was tie some rope around it.

Well, you go punch a pig. And then go punch a football.

Report back to me which one is more resistant. :3

Where does he keep all the meats and trinkets you give him?

Do you REALLY want the answer to that question?

8 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

does thinking about wigfrid in the shower count as shower thoughts

Depends on the context.

If it's rule 34, no, and get off my lawn.

If it's not, then yes, and get off my lawn.

Either way get off my lawn!

On 8/14/2017 at 4:07 AM, Szczuku said:

Why are characters not petrefied by moon light during moon event.
I mean we can clearly see that it works on hounds, werepigs, spiders, rabiits, birds, even Koalefants

Moon_Rubble_Build.png

Because they're not of this world.

On 8/8/2017 at 1:13 AM, SkyCommision said:

2. Will Nome ever notice me?

No, no, you're doing it wrong.

You have to summon @nome before he can notice you.

Here's my list of questions!

1. Why can't you eat the hambat?
  2. You can ride beefalo, but not koalefants?
  3. Why can't we ride the Goose/Goose?
  4. Winona When?
  5. I wonder if Klei will finally give Steam the Rose Skins?
  6. (Lore) Why/how does Shipwrecked exist?
  7. Red Sticky Sparkly Flower + Pink and White Wings/Goop = Brown Bell (Seems legit)
  8. Why does Klei love to torture us?
  9. Why do masochists people say this game's too easy?
  10. Will there ever be a Shipwrecked Together?
  11. Why doesn't Klei just give us what we all REALLY want? (And by that I mean adding Snow and Shadow chester replicas into the Klei Store...)

Image result for shut up and take my money gif

2 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

@watermelen671 could you at least try to merge those posts?

Ok...I suppose(?)

13 hours ago, AniMike said:

@minespatch nope, just MikeGang defending his Strength and Honor. 

I never meant to insult Wolfgang's mightiness, I was just referencing "You see Ivan" memes by using broken English. The phrase in proper(ish) English would be something like: "When enemies see Wolfgang's big muscles, they get scared like babies".

10 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

I never meant to insult Wolfgang's mightiness, I was just referencing "You see Ivan" memes by using broken English. The phrase in proper(ish) English would be something like: "When enemies see Wolfgang's big muscles, they get scared like babies".

He was just roleplaying it's what he does 

11 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Why can't you eat the hambat?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286624325

• You can ride beefalo, but not koalefants?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113098054

12 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
  • I wonder if Klei will finally give Steam the Rose Skins?
On 10/17/2016 at 11:53 AM, JoeW said:

Right now, the formal skins are exclusive to Steam (since you guys were around when Charlie took over) - for Tencent they got the rose collection. That's not to say they will never come to steam or PS4 only that Tencent got it first. If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

And if you're eager for new skins. We got some cool new stuff coming up, VERY soon. 

(Lore) Why/how does Shipwrecked exist?

Wilson was on a ship, and it got wrecked. Thus, Shipwrecked.

• Why do masochists people say this game's too easy?

I could write an essay about this, but the main reason is because it's a non-competitive PvE game. It's like getting really good at Super Mario and saying it's too easy (but now we have Mario Maker and rom hacks). People don't say sports are easy because they're competitive; there's always someone better than you.

12 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
  • Will there ever be a Shipwrecked Together?

It's a good thing we have talented modders on these forums!

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/72797-island-adventures-a-shipwrecked-port/

7 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

First of all, I don't want a mod to answer my question, because it's not Klei and therefore it's not cannon. :3

Spoiler

(Not a mod, as in @ImDaMisterL, I meant like a Steam Workshop Mod. x3)

Second of all, where did the world of Shipwrecked come from?

How did Wilson get there? (I know, on a boat, but how did he GET there, if you know what I mean)

Why are non-Wilson people already trapped there?

Did Maxwell create a tropical Pocket Dimension?

Did he make it because he wanted a vacation to the bahamas?

Why can you ride the waves in shipwrecked, but not ride the "waves" in OG Don't Starve? (I know the in-game reason why, but I'm talking about LORE.)

Spoiler

So essentially if my question can be justified by an in-game explanation, I'm probably talking about lore, and visa versa. 

19 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Why can't you eat the hambat?

15 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

First of all, I don't want a mod to answer my question, because it's not Klei and therefore it's not latest?cb=20160617105157. :3

So I did a bit of research, and it turns it the Ham Bat was at one point edible.

November 14th, 2013 - Bugfix

Gameplay fixes

-Made Ham Bat non-edible to avoid interface confusion. Gave it higher damage to compensate.

57 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

So I did a bit of research, and it turns it the Ham Bat was at one point edible.

November 14th, 2013 - Bugfix

Gameplay fixes

-Made Ham Bat non-edible to avoid interface confusion. Gave it higher damage to compensate.

Ah, so the devs DO see reason! XD

Makes sense though.

Also, even though this isn't Don't Starve related...but since the new upgrade's releasing today, the hype is to real that I DO NOT CARE!! XD

What powers the printing pod? Because it produces light, and prints dupes, so it has to run off of SOMETHING.

(And I swear, if you say "It's powered off of the Klei Fanbases' Hype", I will kill you. x3)

Or powered off of the hopes of Half Life 3...I'm not accepting that as an answer.

How does Webber work? I know he's a kid eaten by a spider, BUT the Spider isn't dead and the kid inside isn't dead, how does that work, like when they eat, WHO eats? Is it the spider or the kid? Does the kid eat, poop, and then spider digests the feces? Is this an inverted human centipede?

Is Webber a zombie? Cause in DS to unlock Webber you have to find his SKULL and put it in a grave, so he's a zombie spider digesting a kid? <.<

If Webber is a zombie, how did he die?

How did he lose his skull? Who took it?

Who buried him?

How did putting a skull inside a grave + lightning bring him back to life?

Why do Tallbirds kill their young as soon as they hatch? <.<

Why do Pengull eggs NEVER hatch?

Why does Deerclops hate bases? He's not eating your stuff, he's not trying to murder you, he's just a homewrecker, why?

Eyes of the Rock Den- what do they belong to?

Bee Queen's hive is her "skirt", the lower part of her body, her upper body emerges from a small hole on top of the hive. How does that work? How does her upper body look when she's hidden in herself, like how does it fold?

Hounds- where do they come from, why do they hunt you every few days?

Any character can build walls, gates, tents, wardrobes, cooking pots, science machines, alchemy engines, fridges, a machine that detects heat and throws ice with perfect precision at the heat source... Can't build a house. Or a roof over the walls to protect from rain and cold. Why?

Archived