The Obligatory Forum Upgrade Thread

ImDaMisterL

11 hours ago, JoeW said:
  Hide contents

fixed

Praise be. :wilson_goodjob:

3 hours ago, fimmatek said:

The search bar looks a bit messed up :P  Which dev is to be pingged with such issues, btw?

Yeah and now the quoting thing's a bit weird too, it's got the highlighting like I copy-pasted it rather than the usual editor text.

IIRC isn't it nome that does this sort of stuff? Or is he relegated to chat bot AI now? :wilson_curious:

Mike deals with the servers and the backend part of it. So when I completely break something - he helps me sort it out. And he setup the new servers the forums are on. But when it comes to the forums themselves, it's mostly me. 

I'll be fixing small formatting issues and stuff like that for a little while. There are a bunch of little odds and ends that need to be sorted out. 

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Mike deals with the servers and the backend part of it. So when I completely break something - he helps me sort it out. And he setup the new servers the forums are on. But when it comes to the forums themselves, it's mostly me. 

I'll be fixing small formatting issues and stuff like that for a little while. There are a bunch of little odds and ends that need to be sorted out. 

Glad to know the meme I'm making is gonna be accurate then. :wilson_sneaky:

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I couldn't upload unnamed files :( (print screen into paint, then cropping and copy/pasting image here resulted in this informative message, plus "upload failed")

Wait, that was the image problem? Not the size?

4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Definitely, after saving the very same pictures I could upload them and add to the post without problems.

I miss uploading screencaps and pasted new images without the size requirement.

Though, glad the images with filenames are left alone.

@JoeW can you please fix the megabyte size back to 99mb? 2mb seems a tad too small.:wilson_shocked:

• Developer
On 4/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, JoeW said:

But when it comes to the forums themselves, it's mostly me

Description field for the forums upgrade slack channel:

Not to be construed as the backend team taking ownership of forums. That's still on you Joe. :) 

The forums scare us, only Joe has the fortitude to brave these waters.

• Developer
On 4/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, fimmatek said:

Hey, I learnt today that the report button got some updates as well. It's great to have these options, it makes it clearer why I report a post without having to write a light novel about it :)

It also makes our lives as moderators much easier, so thanks to everyone that uses that properly!

On 4/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, fimmatek said:

Hey, I learnt today that the report button got some updates as well. It's great to have these options, it makes it clearer why I report a post without having to write a light novel about it :)

I love the "this comment is okay, I just want to tell a moderator about it".

Spoiler

When I post a dank meme and I wanna tag Mr. L in it I'll be sure to use that. 

Spoiler

I'm just kidding, I don't post dank memes, only moderately waterlogged memes. :wilson_ecstatic:

And also I don't abuse the report feature, I only sometimes contemplate reporting myself though...because I have to know why I can do that.

Archived