The Obligatory Forum Upgrade Thread

ImDaMisterL

I got the O2 badge but can't remember posting in the subforum. So, uh, there's that to fix.

The color palette is the same ol' orange black white, but now there are clear distinctions between different content. It's welcomed.

I don't like that the reply box text is light grey (unlike posts), because I have to concentrate to read what I'm currently writing.

Overall, the update gets a thumbs up from me.

Most important of all: there's a Lua syntax option in the code writing box.

And looks like the "Paste" function is broken? Welcome the white void that shall not be deleted.

It does feel kind of weird though in a sense. Since I participated in the Alpha, but I guess that isn't much of a contribution if you stay quiet?

I know I know, that's my collector's instinct speaking. v_v

17 minutes ago, Xedlord said:

I thought you got the oni badge from registering on these forums before oni was in early access.

That doesn't seem to be the case. Otherwise I'd certainly have it. Along with just about everyone else on the forums.

12 minutes ago, Xedlord said:

Thou, judging for what I've seen... it might be getting awarded to people that got the alpha appreciation gift.

Possible, I haven't redeemed mine yet.
EDIT: Went ahead and redeemed it for the sake of testing. Unless it's not instantaneous then this is not the case. Shame. 

I don't have any way to see what you own in steam, for now. Right now, they were just awarded to people who posted in the forums during that period of time before early access. I will grant a new one after early access ends. 

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I don't have any way to see what you own in steam, for now.

for now.

for now.

for now.

*cough* Anyway, good to know.

6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

What I found weird is some users who had the DS Beta badge don't have it anymore, like @Lumina.

Hmm, i got a DS badge recently (and don't have it anymore) but wasn't knowning it was for the beta. I never played DS beta as far as i remember, i think the game was already released when i start playing. I played RoG beta, this i remember, and was active on the forum during the beta, but maybe the badge is only for the DS beta itself.

So it would probably be normal for me to not have the badge anymore if it's for DS beta only ?

Just guessing. Don't know how it supposed to work exactly :)

• Developer
25 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I fear badges may become the next "Weirdobob's signature".

The Chucklefish forums have a nice solution for that. They only display 2 - 3 badges in the user's posts, and then one "See all badges" badge, that'd lead you to that user's badge room, showing all the remaining badges they have.

Badge.

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I fear badges may become the next "Weirdobob's signature".

And you can't ignore/block badges! D:
EDIT:
Oh look, I'm one of these O2 guys aswell D: I don't even own the game. It's probably because I made a joke or two in that forum section, not necessarily contributing to discussion ;_;

Also, about forums not being able to detect our Steam games. Simple and probably the only one solution that everyone can think of is adding "sign in trough Steam" and account syncing option. That's how some titles/ranks are given on Terraria forums, automatically. No idea if they are IP.Board like our forums (I think?). Dunno if this can be implemented here aswell. Either way, just throwing my idea.

I want a mime thinking emoji and I want a woodie Emote that shares my hatred of rage  for birds  I want maxwells smile as an emote and a wickerbottom skeptical emote

A Willow burning passion emote 

these are all the ones on the top of my head give me a few more minutes maybe

4 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

The Chucklefish forums have a nice solution for that. They only display 2 - 3 badges in the user's posts, and then one "See all badges" badge, that'd lead you to that user's badge room, showing all the remaining badges they have.

That's what the escapist does as well.

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:
  • I want a mime thinking emoji and I want a woodie Emote that shares my hatred of rage  for birds  I want maxwells smile as an emote and a wickerbottom skeptical emote
  • A Willow burning passion emote 
  • these are all the ones on the top of my head give me a few more minutes maybe

I'd be perfectly fine with a fear react.

There shouldn't be too much reactions. But I'm all up for loads of emotes.
I think that if some artist or group of artists make some klei-style like emotes and show them to admins they will gladly implement them.

• Developer
Just now, Chris1488 said:

So... since we're able to give ourselves our own titles and stuff now, does that mean @JoeW won't give us any more title fairy titles? :<

He still will, it's just that now people that want one won't need to hope he will one day maybe give them one.

On 29/07/2017 at 10:01 AM, Asparagus said:

Now we must hunt for those who have --> Eets <--, Shank, Ninja, and Inv. Inc badges

This guy gets it.

13 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

So... since we're able to give ourselves our own titles and stuff now, does that mean @JoeW won't give us any more title fairy titles? :<

Titles are like scars. Once you get one, you must carry it for the rest of your life. They are a reminder of the past. They are a reminder of who you are. You can try and hide it, but deep down, the scar is still there. Titles do not go away. embrace them.

Sorta like that scar I got on my lip because I fell down and hit my head on a stool, piercing it with one of my teeth. It's a reminder to neeeeever take part in any physical activity ever again. I've been doing well so far \o/

13 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

It would make sense if there were more imo since you can see what title Joe bestows upon you by hovering over the badge if you have one.

I mean, it still shows the original title on your profile. But it's likely that people who give themselves a title won't get one from JoeW.

Archived