ImDaMisterL

The Obligatory Forum Upgrade Thread

NeddoFreddo    998

Something that I don't like is that 'highlighted' posts (posts that receive 5 likes, I think?) aren't very distinguishable from other posts. Sure, they have a tiny orange ribbon in the top right corner, and an extremely faint orange glow, but the orange outline needs to come back.

Otherwise, I rather like it.

• Like 2

minespatch    60,892

I'm with the community for making the notification symbols a tad bigger. Shoving them onto the white bar instead of keeping them on the black kind of makes things cluttered. IF the devs/mods could put the notification symbols on the black bar, it'll clean the site up.

• Like 3

Aeschwutz    1,035
1 hour ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Something that I don't like is that 'highlighted' posts (posts that receive 5 likes, I think?) aren't very distinguishable from other posts. Sure, they have a tiny orange ribbon in the top right corner, and an extremely faint orange glow, but the orange outline needs to come back.

I agree.

Edit: Jumpy Minespatch

Edit: The words needs a bit of fixing on fitting.

Edited by Aeschwutz
  • Like 1

minespatch    60,892
1 minute ago, Mobbstar said:

The only thing I really despise so far is the facebook-esque reactions. Why have "like", "thanks" and "funny" as three different reactions anyways? It just doesn't make sense!

I'm with a few others that angry should be implemented. I'd like a cringe reaction myself but glad this site has a confused reaction.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

fimmatek    3,381
9 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

I fully agree on that. It was much easier to see which posts were more popular, especially in huge topics like the metheus was with hundreds of pages. What is the reason that it got removed?

On another note, @JoeW, will there still be admin-given titles in the forums (or I'm not sure who give those)? 

• Like 2

fimmatek    3,381

One other thing I noticed: the link to the DST bugtracker from the DST subforum doesn't work. Coming from the bugtracker subforum and choosing DST seems to be fine. To whom should I report it?

• Like 2

ImDaMisterL    20,036
8 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

One other thing I noticed: the link to the DST bugtracker from the DST subforum doesn't work. Coming from the bugtracker subforum and choosing DST seems to be fine. To whom should I report it?

I think leaving this here is fine, since JoeW is reading it.

16 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

(or I'm not sure who give those)

JoeW himself :)

9 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

There's a feature that changed the post's background to show it was popular, and that could work better now, maybe.

6 hours ago, disies said:

How? :o

>Have 1000 posts or more
>Click on 'Edit your profile'

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 2

fimmatek    3,381
1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Oh boy, the bell is large now! Me likes it.

So it seems now Klei can do smaller changes without having to shut down the forums?

• Like 1

ImDaMisterL    20,036
Just now, fimmatek said:

So it seems now Klei can do smaller changes without having to shut down the forums?

I think they always could do that, the shut down was for the bigger changes and importing all the stuff in the old forums to the new forums.

• Like 2

Donke60    3,084
7 hours ago, disies said:

How? :o

OK turn everybody to get yourself a title are you have to do is go to edit profile and at the very top bar there'll be a blank where it says members title and you can type whatever you wanted that though I don't think I would make it a meme because Memes don't age well.               I think Joe did this so people would stop doing stupid stuff for titles and asking  a.k.a. me

but a visit from Joe is still special because now you get a swanky new badge 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ImDaMisterL    20,036
7 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

OK turn everybody to get yourself a title are you have to do is go to edit profile and at the very top bar there'll be a blank where it says members title and you can type whatever you wanted that though I don't think I would make it a meme because Memes don't age well.               I think Joe did this so people would stop doing stupid stuff for titles and asking  a.k.a. me

but a visit from Joe is still special because now you get a swanky new badge 

You need to have 1000 posts or more to be able to do it.

Joe did it so people don't feel left out for not having titles, and the ones who have titles given by him will have cool, shiny badges.

• Like 3

ImDaMisterL    20,036
28 minutes ago, ThemInspectors said:

Hey @JoeW for me it sortof looks like the forum "Dashbar" Is cropped out.ef327f91a56e5f055f12f4149c52c4f0.png

And using the Image embedder puts it in twice.

Me too. Hope that can be fixed soon!

Michi01    1,768

I appear to have the Don't Starve badge now, I don't think it's intended

Edited by Michi01

Michi01    1,768

Wait when I posted something in the ONI subforum I had the badge, now it's gone again? (That was my first post since the update)