Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

spiderdian

Unnatural Dev Log

Xedlord    1,059
21 hours ago, minespatch said:

Devil's food. IT's a rich chocolate cake. Angel's food is a light cake.

Ooohhh... now I remember!

spiderdian    1,286

So now we have Pickaxe, Axe AND Shovel done. I'm already making the sprites for the hammer.

This is truly more fun than spending a whole month animating a single mob(Not that I'll stop doing that.....Update 2 debuts the first boss)

ImDaMisterL    18,799
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

So this mod has been in the making for two or so years?

We only had the idea for a long while. It was started rather recently, work-wise.

spiderdian    1,286
On 26/08/2017 at 5:28 PM, minespatch said:

So this mod has been in the making for two or so years?

Actual development only started in like March, when I purposed to make the Yellow Hound. There was a really old build by the time tho, with the Shadow tools and items and the first versions of the hounds all using placeholder art.

Before that it was just a sketching and brainstorming process(a.k.a. the concepts phase)

spiderdian    1,286

Welp. The Nightmare Tools are finally done. I quickly 'hopped' to the Krampus' Food Cake. I really liked Halfrose's original doodle for it and decided to use as a base for the design. It's fairly Decent, I'd say.

Spoiler

Tools.pngunknown.png

spiderdian    1,286

So I just finished the Paincake and the Krampus Food Cake, had started to animate the nightmare bricks(I plan on making them just like the fuel, but less flowy and unconstrained, kinda like a jelly cube moving), but I'm hopping to CitD while the Code(amirite, fid?) catches up with the art I've done so far. Been a while since I did stuff there so...yeah.

Chris1488    11,770

Sorry we haven't updated you guys in a while! We've been working on a bunch of stuff for the first update, including hound rebalancing; more importantly, completely revamping the green hound's way of working! For him, we're gonna have "A "pollen" like substance that bursts off the hound when getting attacked/being killed that will disable structures if it lands on/near enough to them, but can be caught with a bug net to get your structure working again and can be used to help your plants (The pollen WILL rot over the course of a day or 2 so if you don't have a net or care to claim them for yourself you can just leave them and your structures will go back to working on their own)".

Hope that sounds interesting to you guys. For now, enjoy seeing the new nightmare tools in-game!

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png