Please help, this happens every new start game

kmk1122

I uninstall the game, and delete all related files.

After reinstall the game, the error still happen when i get into the Marsh area.

For your information, the RoG is on when i start the new game.

May i ask how is the statue of my case?

Hi @kmk1122, welcome to the forums!

Seems like the standalone version of RoG still hasn't been updated by Klei. :( I've uploaded a fix here. You'll also want this fix for another crash. Download the zip files, extract them to the mods folder of your DS installation and apply them via the mods menu. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the Steam and the standalone versions are these two issues and a minor visual correction.

@JanH, please update RoG standalone. Seems like the update that was delivered with the Steam revision 197843 (Nov 24) was forgotten.

Thanks for the help, i extract the mermhouse_fix, and replace the two .lua files with it. But what should i do with the mooseegg-crash file? there is five files in the zip, where should i replace them? Thanks again, alainmcd.

When I apply the mods, and the game crashed immediately, cannot open the game anymore. The only way i can open the game, is delete new modinfo.lua and modmain.lua files and put back the old .lua files...

Not sure what you're doing. You don't need to replace anything. Each zip file contains a single folder, and that folder (mermhouse_fix and mooseegg-crash respectively) should be placed in the mods folder of your installation. Then run the game and activate the mods from the mod menu.

Archived