Who is the Ancient Fuelweaver, and who is Metheus?

After I watched the video posted my Zeklo about who the Ancient Fuelweaver is, I remembered something. In the murals it shows the staff wielder "summoning" what looks like the Ancient Fuelweaver.

Don't Starve Together _ Who is the Ancient Fuelweaver_ [Theories] - YouTube - Google Chrome 5_25_2017 12_31_35 PM.png

If one of them, either the king or queen, is the Fuelweaver then why is the king "summoning" something that looks very much like the Fuelweaver? Could it be that the skeleton that the king summoned is just a "frame" and that it really gets it's "conscience" from the shadow atrium when you revive it? Anyway just some thoughts I had while watching Zeklo's video. 

Okay, so now my theories on who Metheus could be. I first thought about it being, of course, Them (being the Shadows). But I then started to wonder about something else.

This is where I'll introduce Charlie into my theory. We all know (well, at least the true Don't Starve fans) that something happened to Charlie when she and Maxwell entered the Don't Starve world. She was possessed by some sort of "demonic force", and then became the Night Monster. What makes this interesting is that we haven't had this sort of thing happen to anyone else who has come to the Don't Starve world. Maybe the "demon" possessing her doesn't need anyone else because, currently, Charlie is in control of the Don't Starve world because she is on the nightmare throne. This is where I start to connect the points. Metheus seems to have a connection with the Ancient gateway, according to the Fuelweaver. Charlie, or the demon within, has some interest with the gateway, since she seems to be trying to bring everyone to open to gateway. The Fuelweaver seems to try to do everything in his power to keep the gateway closed. Possibly because, if he is one of the Ancients- king or queen, he knows what lies on the other side, and he possibly knows that it's not very pleasant. This "demon" seems to have something to do with Metheus? Could Metheus be possessing Charlie? What could lie on the other side of the gateway? What could Metheus want?

Tell me your thoughts! 

(Here is the video made my Zeklo)

My current thoughts on Charlie is that she's undergoing the same process the ancients did. At first they were only partly changed and later became the nightmare careatures.

Keeping it short because I'm on mobile.

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

My current thoughts on Charlie is that she's undergoing the same process the ancients did. At first they were only partly changed and later became the nightmare careatures.

Keeping it short because I'm on mobile.

And she's putting it pretty clearly in front of you. Fuelweaver is found within a rock(petrification) and revived with a shadow heart at the place most full of fuel that we can access in game. The Shadow Pieces have been petrified and once forcefully taken out of their husks, reveal their new form.

Personally I believe that before the Ancients, there was another race who accessed the fuel, via the place where the gateway would later stand. They wove(If you get what I mean) marvelous things out of it, as primitive and basic as they were, and then died out due to the fuel, undergoing what happened to the Ancients when they overused the fuel, their bodies becoming husks made out of the meterial they used so much in their lives(Or in the King/Guardian's case, the Thulecite transforming into flesh), which later on for the Fuelweaver, housed the cave spiders. The Ancients, once they found the fuel and began utilizing it, summoned a member of the Fuelweaver's race, to teach them a bit more. Eventually he witnessed their fall, and Charlie, as her dramatic part is still somewhat rooting for the players despite her other half wanting to make their life worse, brought its mind back, in the form of the Shadow Pieces, albeit fragmanted.

I still think that the ancient fuelweaver is not only one of the ancients, but their king. You might be wondering to yourself: "but the king wasn't corrupted or turned into a nightmare, he was put on a throne." While Maxwell might have basically turned evil because of the throne, he didn't transform into a giant skeleton that summons other tiny skeletons. However, there's an important detail here that has always made me think this to be true.

Notice what happens when Wilson is trying to get off the throne in the first cinematic.

twang.PNG

Shadow vines/tentacles/strings twang and tie him back to the throne. Now, what happens with the fuelweaver on defeat?

twang2.PNG

Shadow vines/tentacles/strings twang and pull him(?) back into the screaming abyss. Not only does this prove the fuelweaver and shadows don't exactly get along, but from this, we can prove that it's on the same basis as someone stuck on the nightmare throne.

twang3.PNG

"Release me, shade!"

My guess is that this is, in fact, the ancient king after the events that happened in the hieroglyphs. Keep in mind that the ancient king had to end up somewhere; everyone who gets off the throne ends up somewhere in the DS world just like Maxwell and Wilson. At the very least this ancient is important enough for the shadows to pull it back from the fight and restrain it.

It is very likely that the "shade" the fuel weaver is referring to is Charlie, as the "arms" pulling him down are very thorn like, much like the "thorny" shadows on the florid postern, which was designed/made by Charlie. It is also likely that the king/AFW sat on the nightmare throne, and was freed (likely by Maxwell) and released into the world, only to be hidden by some force (shadows, Charlie) so he didn't become a "playable character" and a threat to "Them," given his abilities and knowledge. 

I have to say that the king from the heiroglyphics does not have a human face like the fuel weaver skull does. Though the ancient vase does have a human like face. Perhaps the two types of races thing is actually leading to something?

6 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

To be fair, we may call the Giants "he" but does the game?

Yes, the characters refer to these giants as "he." I left out Bearger because it's not specified, if I'm correct.

Just now, Ressayez said:

Yes, the characters refer to these giants as "he." I left out Bearger because it's not specified, if I'm correct.

Does Wigfrid? Some characters label genders from their own bias.

40 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Does Wigfrid? Some characters label genders from their own bias.

No, in fact most of the characters used "it" in reference to the giants, specifically these ones.

In regards to the rest of the giants, feminine pronouns/titles are used for:

Goose/M oose (despite having antlers), Dragonfly, Antlion (despite having a large mane) and Bee Queen.

It's really hard to say something like "the Ancient Guardian looks very male" with something like the Goose/M oose both having antlers, being part m oose and laying gigantic Goose eggs.

It should be noted that no characters seem to contradict each other when referring to a giant's gender.

And also the Deerclops has a giant set of antlers, too...? Female deer and m oose do not normally have antlers.

Didn't saw it anywhere but what if Metheus is actually the one that fused with Charlie when she landed in the world of Don't starve?

That would explain why she can literally  cheat engine the whole world (akka making the nightmare throne powerless and make it looks ridiculous,getting overpowered af,creating giants that are way stronger than what Maxwell did, and control shadows,changing the world,etc)

15 hours ago, Angibot said:

Didn't saw it anywhere but what if Metheus is actually the one that fused why Charlie when she landed in the world of Don't starve?

That would explain why she can literally  cheat engine the whole world (akka making the nightmare throne powerless and make it looks ridiculous,getting overpowered af,creating giants that are way stronger than what Maxwell did, and control shadows,changing the world,etc)

Thanks for getting us back on topic.

Archived