Sign in to follow this  
V2C

[Game Update] - 217524

Recommended Posts

JJburner    281

DO NOT TOUCH Goose/Goose STATUE STONE VERSION (and maybe marble too). It will crash your game regardless of mods. @V2C Hopefully you can fix this along with the Event button, because this just reset one of my huge test worlds!!! I repeat DO NOT TOUCH IT!

Edited by JJburner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheetos    506
11 minutes ago, Silxer said:

That was fast... I was wondering if it could be refueled with nightmare fuel or does it break like normal armor?

Breaks like normal armor, replace it by killing the FW again.

@V2c

When hovering over the Moosegoose statue i'm getting a mouse over related crash for the client, the other boss figures don't seem to have this issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palecwsmalec1    943
47 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

So uh, I like what's going on with Toadstool. And I especially like the clever way it's implemented. You'll see what.

Uuuuuuuuuugh now i have to actually launch the game and see what it does because i'm too impatieeeeeeeent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Uuuuuuuuuugh now i have to actually launch the game and see what it does because i'm too impatieeeeeeeent

Sketch already wrote it actually. But good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t1morino88eex    255
8 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

On a less bright note, let's go over to the one issue I see in this update. While an odd choice imo, the Giant Statues requiring their drops mostly isn't really harmful...Except for Deerclops. No one's gonna sacrifice an item you get 1 of per year, which you'll waste on Eyebrellas and or Houndius Shootius, for a statue that you'd idealy place in multiple spots. 

Wow I just saw the recipes on the other page. What the actual heck. Screw those statues I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Seeing it in action will be even beter though. Off i gooo

 

It's a secret thing but not too weird that you'll never thik of it.

 

1 minute ago, t1morino88eex said:

Wow I just saw the recipes on the other page. What the actual heck. Screw those statues I guess.

Most of the drops arent really all too useful anyway to just make a few off, or can be farmed enough to make up for that, but Clops' is too useful and can't be farmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palecwsmalec1    943
12 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

I would've never thought of it, so now that I know of it I'll reveal @Hobgoblino's findings.

(Spoilers again)

  Hide contents

So, there is a new Toadstool fight with better drops. To activate this fight, have a sick canary explode over Toadstool's mushroom right before you chop it. I haven't seen it myself, but it has about 5-6 digit health, and is guaranteed to drop 2 blueprints, a glowcap, and the blueprint for the napsack.

He has dubbed it "Edgy Toadstool". Not to be confused with the significantly less appealing, "Edgy R-

 

What a huge amount of work for an item that is.. pretty underwhelmingly useless for the most part to be honest. Crafting a pan flute or sleepytime stories is less complicated and much more effective than the Napsack. Oh well, i guess it has a cool effect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quyzbuk    634

Happy to see the birchnut living log fix, noticed that a while back and forgot to say anything here about it. The bearger shockwave attack though I thought was supposed to hit multiple times.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    9328
24 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

On a less bright note, let's go over to the one issue I see in this update. While an odd choice imo, the Giant Statues requiring their drops mostly isn't really harmful...Except for Deerclops. No one's gonna sacrifice an item you get 1 of per year, which you'll waste on Eyebrellas and or Houndius Shootius, for a statue that you'd idealy place in multiple spots. 

Well, there goes my plans of decorating my camp with a bunch of these.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
13 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

I would've never thought of it, so now that I know of it I'll reveal @Hobgoblino's findings.

(Spoilers again)

  Hide contents

So, there is a new Toadstool fight with better drops. To activate this fight, have a sick canary explode over Toadstool's mushroom right before you chop it. I haven't seen it myself, but it has about 5-6 digit health, and is guaranteed to drop 2 blueprints, a glowcap, and the blueprint for the napsack.

He has dubbed it "Edgy Toadstool". Not to be confused with the significantly less appealing, "Edgy R-

 

Actually I found it as we discussed it together. I love how obvious it is once you learn what his real name is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Escaped    191
16 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

I would've never thought of it, so now that I know of it I'll reveal @Hobgoblino's findings.

(Spoilers again)

  Hide contents

So, there is a new Toadstool fight with better drops. To activate this fight, have a sick canary explode over Toadstool's mushroom right before you chop it. I haven't seen it myself, but it has about 5-6 digit health, and is guaranteed to drop 2 blueprints, a glowcap, and the blueprint for the napsack.

He has dubbed it "Edgy Toadstool". Not to be confused with the significantly less appealing, "Edgy R-

 

Did I miss some sort of Canary update? Since when can a canary explode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3637
Just now, Escaped said:

 

  Hide contents

Did I miss some sort of Canary update? Since when can a canary explode?

Spoiler

Look at the pinned ANR update log, at the Canary section. If toadstool is alive, and there's a canary in a birdcage in the caves it can get poisoned. You'll see the rest in the log.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EuedeAdodooedoe    1187
2 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

So, I did some testing with one of the new "secrets". Spoilers ahead.

  Hide contents
  • The new item crafted from shroom skin( a napsack) is a throwable item that creates a cloud of spores wherever it lands.
  • It puts mobs within it's radius to sleep and adds grogginess to players until they too, sleep.
  • Unlike Sleepytime Stories or the Panflute, the sleep induced by these clouds only last as long as the clouds do. (No sleep stacking for you, PVPers.)
  • Crafted with a shroom skin and a volatile canary, single crafting will make 4 of the item.

 

 

Welp boys, it's time to farm Shroom skins from Toadstool as well now... or not; by the balance of it, that seems to be another item introduced that is simply useless. Come on, Klei, you should know by now that STS and Ice Staves are simply much more useful for getting mobs stuck like this. Heck, even the Pan Flutes are more reliable than this! Unless there's something obvious I'm missing that enables us to get shroom skins much easier somehow, then I take my words back.

Would have been nicer if they took the phlegm and made us some snot bombs for keeping disease away.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this