Sign in to follow this  
Bizzi

DSTEd - The IDE for Don't Starve Together

Bizzi    109

It's not hard, its only consuming lots of time. The simplest and fastest way was electron with web-techniques... But I have not finally decided to. My second option was C# or Java.

But i have not enought experience in C# because i have special requirements of the user interface. In Java (or JavaFX) i had more than enought experience, but i hate these - users must installed JVM or the application must be shipped out with that.

If I find other developers who implement the project together with me, then that will certainly run better than if you try something single-handedly.

Bizzi    109

I've updated some basics - DSTEd will be maintained! :)

Some fixed was made:

• fix IPC receiving issues on additional window-frames
  • upgrade depencies to the last version
  • fix steam API issue's
  • fix(/beautify) logger output
  • change API URL
  • Update the website (https://www.dsted.org/)

The steam API will be work in few hours, i'm waiting on DNS check's to retreive the wildcard ssl cert.

Edited by Bizzi
  • Like 2

Bizzi    109

Currently we work on a brand new application. The new system will be implemented in C# as an WPF application, @Akarinnnnnn will contribute this project to.

I had changed to C# because we have more flexiblity with Steam and the Game.

For a better discussion, i had created an Discord-Channel: https://discord.gg/7MgGxkB

• Like 1

hyiltiz    537

Is it possible to have a nested tree of the lua tables (maybe based on static analysis or dumping game state during gameplay into json etc.)? A tree-like structure nested that developers can then later navigate and reason about what to do. Mostly to be used for exploring source code, rather than editing game state. For example:

_G
├── TheNet
├── ThePlayer
│   └── Components
│       └── Builder
└── TheWorld
    └── SeasonManager

Akarinnnnnn    4
On 2017/5/15 at 12:36 PM, Bizzi said:

DSTEd pntgndsm8ytwul3g?retina=true - The IDE for Don't Starve Together

preview.png

Hey There :)

The development of content for DST is quickly hard for newbies.

Currently, i'm developing an IDE, a Code Editor for DST based on electron and node.js

Comming Features

• Develop your Mods in LUA-Language
  • Syntax highligtning
  • Mod-specific projects
  • DST-API
  • ModInfo Editor
  • Integrated Steam-Workshop
  • Asset-Editor
  • Console/Logger
  • And lots of more...

Develop your Mods in LUA-Language

As usual, you programming your Mods in LUA-Language. But you don't need to search your Mods folder for specific files. Your Projects and Files will be listed under the same editor.

DST-API

You search a Method or Functions to implement a Feature? With DSTEd you have a complete overview of all possible entry points of Don't Starve Together.

ModInfo-Editor

Don't create your modinfo.lua in plain text; With DSTEd you will have a nice Editor for that.

Integrated Steam-Workshop

For the development do you often go back to finished mods? Download finished Mods directly from DSTEd.

Asset-Editor

Don't extract orpack Assets. DSTEd makes it for you. The basic idea is to use Photoshop or other image processing programs in addition.

The first question was, which method I use for the implementation. The answer was very difficult to answer. I chose ecletron to use it on other platforms as well. DSTEd will be running on Windows, Linux derivates and OS X in 32bit and 64bit.

Currently, DSTEd is under development and not finished for productive usement. If you want to help out, you can participate in the development over GitHub: https://github.com/DST-Tools/DSTEd/

maybe we need to edit link to refer DETEd-2.0

Akarinnnnnn    4
On 2020/1/21 at 12:10 AM, hyiltiz said:

Is it possible to have a nested tree of the lua tables (maybe based on static analysis or dumping game state during gameplay into json etc.)? A tree-like structure nested that developers can then later navigate and reason about what to do. Mostly to be used for exploring source code, rather than editing game state. For example:

_G
├── TheNet
├── ThePlayer
│   └── Components
│       └── Builder
└── TheWorld
    └── SeasonManager

I will work on it.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 1:03 PM, Akarinnnnnn said:

maybe we need to edit link to refer DETEd-2.0

Yeah, the OP needs to be redirected to 2.0. I didn't even see it until I skimmed to the latest post on this thread.