DSTEd - The IDE for Don't Starve Together

Bizzi

Next Update:

1. Start implementing the Settings-Window (currently disabled, you can see it, if you edit the /Resources/Menu.json, remove "disabled" or change to false).

2. Adding Steam-Authentication

On the Main-Window, you now see the Account-Entrie:

auth1lijgk.png

If you click on it, you can sign-in with your Steam-Account:

auth2xyjyf.png

auth3npktz.png

auth49ckj4.png

After Login, your Account will be seen on the Window:

auth58ljbu.png

• Like 2

I had implement a simple way to create Language-Files:

Go to https://dsted.net/ and sign-in with your Steam-Account. After login, you see on the left Sidebar a "Languages"-Link:

langh1p3us0.png

On this Overview you see all available languages on GitHub (you can Modify available languages) or Your's:

lang2vasxz.png

Is an Language-File marked as DEPRECATED, new strings are available for translation. You'll see it, when you modify these:

lang3tgsg9.png

Now, the Author field has two states:

A solid String as "Firstname Lastname", otherwise an Array with all contributors:

{
  "__LANGUAGE_INFO": {
    "author": "Name of Contributor",
  },
  [ ... ]     
}
{
  "__LANGUAGE_INFO": {
    "author": [
       "Name of Contributor #1",
       "Name of Contributor #2",
       ""Name of Contributor #3"
    ],
  },
  [ ... ]     
}

Informations:

• You must have an GitHub-Account to commit
  • The Authors must be written in Latin characters, otherwise the language-file will not be approved (for Sample, "Maximilian" is allowed, "Максимилиан" or "馬克西米利安" will be declined).
  • Like 3

@Hineios You can use the releases. Add a Language directory (if not already exists) and add Your xx_XX.json File. To enable your Langage, edit the config.json and add the language-property with your langage code, sample:

{

"language": "xx_XX"

}

I will anser later your issue on GitHub :)

Some parts of modinfo.lua are not supported yet (as in released executables for win64x, could not build source code).

While I understand that you wish to include clean and fail-safe way to, for example, set mod config options I think it would be much wiser to let user edit file directly right now (it's a fun killer actually - if I can't edit mod options then Notepad++ is greatly superior).

Anyway, keep up the good work! ^_^

interactive meaning the debugger pauses the Lua thread and waits for you to step over, step into, step out of, or click continue before proceeding to evaluate the next line of code after a breakpoint, it allows you to evaluate arbitrary lua code at runtime during a breakpoint, set conditional breakpoints, and watch statements. you can walk the stack and inspect scope at each level. that kind of thing. 

• Like 1

@Bizzi I was so exciting that you release this  kind of tool. Thank you so much for your work.

But I have one problem, I get the preview, but can't run the DSTEd.exe, there has two errors on Win32 64bits:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null

TypeError: Cannot read property 'authenticated' of undefined

I know maybe you are working with other thing, but could you let me know where is the problem? Thank you in advance.

Not good testing for Mac. Can't open Mac release version .Building from src and can't paste the dont starve together path . and Finder can't open dontstarve_steam.app (Mac Finder consider as an app like exe in windows)  I must find the dir( dontstarve_steam.app/Content) in console and input it manually.

Hoping it will be better.