If threre were to be a new character revealed, who would you want it to be?

Your Choices  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose?

• Wilton
    • Wortox
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Watricia
    • Someone new!
    • I'd rather have a Wilson rework
  2. 2. Bonus poll: How about the SW cast? (Multi-choice-question) (Optional)

• Walani?
    • Warly?
    • Wilbur?
    • Woodlegs?

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Sometimes content similar to mods is implemented into the actual game. You can't have it all be seperate completely. And why exactly do you want this?

Most of the mod content is terrible.

Most of the mod content is anime.

A lot of it is furries/ocs (do not steal)

There are few mods that actually have unique and cool concepts that aren't overpowered. @Fidooop's Erik, for example.

On 2017-5-9 at 9:42 PM, _catness_ said:

Why is it just me and one other person who like Walani? I mean I know she's not great stats wise but she's got a great personality. And she could probably be reworked to fit better out of SW, like her having something else instead of the surfboard. Can't think of what it would be, but still...

anyone have a idea?

Because a) She´s useless outside of SW

b) And this goes for Woodlegs too, there´s no point in having a character whose main personality trait is that she´s a surfer girl, when she can´t surf in the game. 

On 2017-5-9 at 10:18 PM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I know this might trigger some people BUT, Minari feels, design wise at least, more like a DS/DST original character as opposed to Webber

You are kidding right?

The art design on Minari is god damn terrible. I could draw that. 

Webber looks great and fits perfectly into DST.

Webber was designed from the idea of him being eaten by a spider and without that, he might just be another Wes. And we don't need that, Wes alone, Wes the best.

Again...You are kidding right?

You can build massive spider bases and spider armies. You can live alongside a spiderqueen. You can eat monster meat. You can grow a beard of silk. Pigs, catcoons and rabbits are a threat. How is any of this "like Wes"?

He's one of my favourite characters. If it wasn´t for Wigfrid, he would probably be my main. 

I would have liked if Wigfrid was replaced by a certain character as well, in all honesty. Mastema could be an interesting replacement, 

-.- You are a crazy person.

Why are you trying to replace incredible characters with awful character mods?

39 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

There are few mods that actually have unique and cool concepts that aren't overpowered. @Fidooop's Erik, for example.

The last one would hint at content that could actually be part of the main game.

As for the original post, I would LOVE new characters. I would be really happy if they introduced a RoG sort of update, where they introduced a couple of characters. Some new, some old.

Personally, I would like Winnie (maybe she could be Wigfrid´s sister?).

As for new, I sort hope they do something away from dark magic (that´s why Winona doesn´t interest me that much). 

As for ideas, there´s two that I have:

- A character that has night vision, but suffers in Sunlight. This would be fun for building bases in the caves.

- There´s a mod where Webber can leap. I never use it, cause the skin is awful and the concept makes no sense when applied to Webber. But as a mechanic, it´s brilliant! It works great and feels natural. I can only imagine how it would spice up combat, both in terms of PVE and PVP. Also, sometimes you can jump over the ocean if the gap is small enough, which is so cool. 

I'd rather see a new biome to explore beyond the portal than a new character, although it would make sense for there to be both. It's just hard to imagine what it might be. Some kind of developed terrain, like the Ruins, would make sense, or a shadow realm that would be the source of the nightmare fuel.

1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

I'd rather see a new biome to explore beyond the portal than a new character, although it would make sense for there to be both. It's just hard to imagine what it might be. Some kind of developed terrain, like the Ruins, would make sense, or a shadow realm that would be the source of the nightmare fuel.

I would actually prefer this too. I much rather they give us new stuff to explore, than new bosses.

But it´s hard to think of something new that ´fits´ and it doesn´t change what´s already there.  

Maybe some sort of ruins on the surface? Nothing to do with nightmare creatures. Just a biome that was once home to some dead civilisation, so basically a biome filled old abandoned surface buildings (by buildings, I mean walls, statues and new turfs) and skeletons. Maybe you can find there some sort of monster there, that was responsible for their collapse.

Maybe biomes with bigger lakes? (kind of like the Shipwrecked swamp)

They could of course work on the ocean...Seriously. how different would it look if they used the Shipwrecked ocean?

19 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Oh, another idea for a biome. You know the Killer Bee Hayfield? Basically that without the bees. A biome filled with extensive fields of grass Tufts.

Inside the fields, there´s some sort of predators that are hard to see. The only way of seeing it, is seeing how the grass moves. 

Basically, it´s like that scene from Jurassic Park 2.

Image result for raptors tall grass jurassic gif

Image result for raptors tall grass jurassic gif

7 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

Daniel's re-release should be coming out sometime soon here... Still waiting on some assets but it'll be just as good as the Erik mod when it's fully updated and polished! :D

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

Daniel's re-release should be coming out sometime soon here... Still waiting on some assets but it'll be just as good as the Erik mod when it's fully updated and polished! :D

Let's also not forget the Unnatural Selection characters ;)

9 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Oh, another idea for a biome. You know the Killer Bee Hayfield? Basically that without the bees. A biome filled with extensive fields of grass Tufts.

Inside the fields, there´s some sort of predators that are hard to see. The only way of seeing it, is seeing how the grass moves.

You described me and my father's concept for Beefalo Bill.:wilson_ecstatic:

beefalo bill on the hunt.pngbeefalo bill.png

On 12/05/2017 at 10:40 PM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I did....

No... you didn't... you were refering to the furry-anime-gameeezee mods. I was thinking of the mods that do actually have the effort put into them to stand out well enough to be good enough to be placed within the game. Why do you think those would be bad to integrate within the game?

On 5/12/2017 at 8:16 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Because a) She´s useless outside of SW

b) And this goes for Woodlegs too, there´s no point in having a character whose main personality trait is that she´s a surfer girl, when she can´t surf in the game. 

But none of the SW characters even make sense in DST anyway, so it's unlikely they'll be implemented anyhow. I mean, imagine having a monkey running around. Doesn't exactly fit in, now does it?

So, I basically chose Walani because she's cool, I don't really want any of the SW characters in DST. Sorry to the people who do, but they were made with a theme, and that theme doesn't go with the theme of DST.

On 2017-5-13 at 11:22 PM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

No... you didn't... you were refering to the furry-anime-gameeezee mods. I was thinking of the mods that do actually have the effort put into them to stand out well enough to be good enough to be placed within the game. Why do you think those would be bad to integrate within the game?

No, I talked about your ´replacements´of Wigfird and and Webber. Two of my favourite characters btw...

11 hours ago, _catness_ said:

Sorry to the people who do, but they were made with a theme, and that theme doesn't go with the theme of DST.

I think that applies to Walani too though. She doesn't fit at all.

I think Warly "fits" just enough and the Monkey would work if they somehow make him more connected to Splumonkeys, but eh, I don´t really care for it either. I prefer new characters.

5 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

No, I talked about your ´replacements´of Wigfird and and Webber. Two of my favourite characters btw...

Tell me how Minari and Mstema relate to the following, because I have absolutely no clue:

On 12/05/2017 at 2:27 PM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Yes, but there´s a line. There´s a reason Sonic the Hedgehog won´t ever appear in DST.

That´s why Pyro got scrapped. 

A character that is centered around giving passive buffs in combat, but is very weak themselves. Uhh, so Waverly, perhaps?

A character focused on cooking (can cook faster, can season food or something along the lines). Warly is similar.

A character that can fix unfixable things (recover use percentage of armor/weapons). Winona is similar.

14 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I think that applies to Walani too though. She doesn't fit at all.

I think Warly "fits" just enough and the Monkey would work if they somehow make him more connected to Splumonkeys, but eh, I don´t really care for it either. I prefer new characters.

Yeah, that's what I said. Walani doesn't fit in, I just like playing her the most of the SW characters.

I agree- a new character would be great, and I'm very curious about Winona.

Archived