The 100 Day Free-4-All Challenge

An Artifact

Welcome to a museum of disaster. 

Having gotten very frustrated with my ineptitude at the artistic craft, I decided to completely rip off take inspiration from our Meme Hero, Captain @Ninjanemo, and start a self-imposed drawing challenge. While his 100 Day Wilson/WX/Webbsy challenges are character-specific, I'd rather not limit myself too much at this early stage in my little hobby, and on top of that, I'd like to experiment around a bit more and find out if there's some style I'm actually good at, so any character is go. The rules, likewise, will be pretty lenient.

1: I have to post a new drawing every single day for 100 days,

2: The depicted character must be recognizable as themselves.

And  that's it, anything more would be pushing it. So, without further ado...

#1 - Webber

#1.jpg

It took me an embarrassingly long amount of  time to finish this... thing. I'm still not even close to unlocking the full potential of this tablet and art program. I experimented around with some different brushes and, well, "styles" and started over about four times. Looking at the end product... I think the face is alright... kinda...

Well, that's Tag Nummer Eins. If you have any suggestion on what character I could do next, feel free to post them, as well as any criticisms and tips. But be kind pls my mom's gunna hit me. Okthxbye.

This is great! One thing is that his hair should be pointing downwards instead of up, because of... Well, gravity, but otherwise very cute crawing! I wish you luck with your 99 other drawings, and I can't wait to see how you progress! :)

Just now, Ninjanemo said:

This is great! One thing is that his hair should be pointing downwards instead of up, because of... Well, gravity, but otherwise very cute crawing! I wish you luck with your 99 other drawings, and I can't wait to see how you progress! :)

Thank you! 

And gravity's overrated anyway :p But yeah, I don't even know why I made every single fluff point upwards. That wasn't my original plan, but I guess I just tunnelvisioned there. 

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

Wait, why this be in Off-Topic? Will you draw non-DS stuff too?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I will. I have a couple of characters floating around in my head that I'd like to give a spin, like maybe something from TF2, or the other TF2, or some indie games I've played recently...

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

latest?cb=20100117185350Can you draw Yangus from Dragon Quest in the future? I don't mind if you draw him way later but I'd be curious what your take on him would be.

Hm, I can try. I'm not familiar with the Dragon Quest games, but he looks like he'd be doable. Not gonna be for a while though, there's some other characters I already got lined up in my head for the next few days.

#2 - Hollow Knight

#2.jpg

Fun fact, I actually finished this one yesterday evening when I was really in the spirit of things. I planned on touching it up a bit today, but it didn't really help all that much. It's really difficult to get the lines to go as I want them to using this tablet. But hey, that's what I'm doing the challenge for, to get practise and improve. 

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Even if you don't think much of it, your digital strokes feel like a water color painting.

My current art program actually has a watercolour brush. I was thinking on maybe using that for one of the future pictures, because using it makes me feel like I'm in school again young and not yet burdened by the cruelties of life.

9 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Treeguard watches some breaking news about the deforestation of the Amazon Rainforest.

There are very few pinetrees in the Amazon Rainforest though. And as the game mechanics taught us, Treeguards are very prejudiced and only care about the trees that look just like them.

20 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

#3 - Treeguard 1.0

1989cd0220.jpg

... you know, in an ironic twist, I think it actually looks a bit nicer if I just take out the crappy linework altogether.

0b130ed960.jpg

Hey, that looks pretty good! The only thing I'd have to nitpick is that the arms are in a kind of akward position. 

Do you use references btw? If you don't, I really recommend them.

3 hours ago, Ootay said:

Hey, that looks pretty good! The only thing I'd have to nitpick is that the arms are in a kind of akward position. 

Do you use references btw? If you don't, I really recommend them.

I use the original in-game sprite for reference.

#5 - Onion Knight (Dark Souls)

6a37354cd4.jpg

(Okay, technically they're known as 'Knights of Catarina', but, come on. They're big bulky onions.)

I did promise that I'd try harder today, and I did, even if the end product doesn't show it. I spent a good 1.5 hours on this. So I hope that even if the quality isn't great, at least the effort shows a bit.

On 5/8/2017 at 2:34 PM, MeingroessterFan said:

0b130ed960.jpg

If I had to suggest something, I'd say make it a bit fatter. Other than that, I highly agree. The tree looks way better without the lineart.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:05 PM, MeingroessterFan said:

4fa2522a81.jpg

Like I mentioned on Discord, it looks like a cave drawing. Love how creepy and crude it looks.

5 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

6a37354cd4.jpg

I've seen that guy before. Dark Souls 3?

Archived