2 hours ago, Cherryzion said:

I've "Suggested a New Wiki" on gamepedia. I'm not sure how much free reign we will have, or even if they'll approve it.

Free reign you mean new reign?!?

(queue tv laughter)

Seriously tho thanks a lot fot the effort so far!

okay so Gamepedia responded to me and said something along the lines of "There already is a Don't Starve Wiki! Bye!"  and i was like "no waiiiiittt" but i doubt they'll reason with me. So Gamepedia is probably out of the question.

Halp us update the wiki we already have. Also, try to wait a while until your computer can finally handle the page, then create an account for wikia. You'll get only 5% of the ads you normally would. But, it's still a pain in the butt to use wikia for that reason. However, we've contacted some peeps over there at Fandom HQ and they said they'd help us out with the ad problems. Hopefully.

So... plz Halp us.

1 minute ago, Master Jand said:

Halp us update the wiki we already have. Also, try to wait a while until your computer can finally handle the page, then create an account for wikia. You'll get only 5% of the ads you normally would. But, it's still a pain in the butt to use wikia for that reason. However, we've contacted some peeps over there at Fandom HQ and they said they'd help us out with the ad problems. Hopefully.

So... plz Halp us.

wouldn't it be better to help edit the gamepedia pages? 

Just now, Cherryzion said:

wouldn't it be better to help edit the gamepedia pages? 

I... guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait wait wait

Can't we like... not use gamepedia because you said DS Wiki on Gamepedia is already taken?

So lemme see here.

What other options do we have?

Just now, Master Jand said:

I... guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait wait wait

Can't we like... not use gamepedia because you said DS Wiki on Gamepedia is already taken?

So lemme see here.

What other options do we have?

we can't create a brand new Don't Starve Together exclusive on Gamepedia. There already is a Don't Starve wiki on gamepedia. it's just a port of the wikia page though, so still a lot missing, but on a better site.

Try to ask the maintainers in existing DS wiki if they are willing to turn to a new wiki.

A new separate DST wiki may be better. But to unite in one place is more important than "which wiki is better".

• MOTD

Hi all,

I just wanted to chime in on this and get everyone in the loop on the current status of the wiki and what's going on.

A few months ago a post was made on r/dontstarve bringing up how bad the ads had become on the Wikia wiki. I jumped in on that discussion and after some research, we fully agreed that the Wikia platform had gone way overboard with invasive pop up ads, auto playing videos etc.. On some ad campaigns they were running, we felt it was pretty much unusable without an ad blocker on.

You can read my reply to the original reddit post here which discusses the history of the community run wiki and where Klei stands on it.

Since then, I managed to contact the moderators and main contributors on the Wikia wiki and we discussed our options. On behalf of them, I reached out to Wikia to see if there was something we could work out. They originally promised me they would tone down the ads, however after a few weeks since that promise was made, some really gross ads returned to the Wiki for all of us. When I asked Wikia if there was something Klei could do to remove / reduce ads on the Wiki, we were told no and that they had no plans to offer a way to reduce or remove ads.

After that discussion, I reached out to Curse / Gamepedia in person at conventions as well as online. Recently I connected them with the existing mods / contributors. They have since been working on migrating the platform to Gamepedia as the ads are much less aggressive, and they offer a great support network for contributors to access.

This move is basically done and the mods are working directly with Gamepedia staff to finish the migration including post credits, points, achievements etc.

The wiki is ultimately community run (for reasons outlined in my Reddit post) but we believe it would be best to keep all versions of Don't Starve (and Together) in one place / wiki and just highlight differences in the article when necessary. Otherwise it's going to be potentially confusing for people who find one versus the other by mistake. It's also going to fragment contributors / time and effort that would likely be best focused on one great wiki.

Even though the wiki is community run, we're happy to support anyway we can. We absolutely love the wiki and the contributors that make it possible.

If you're interested in assisting with the Wiki on the new Gamepedia platform your help would be greatly appreciated!

We currently have a Discord channel setup with Gamepedia Staff, myself, and current mods and contributors. If you'd like to join us please make sure you have a Gamepedia account. If you have an old Wikia account you want ported over, Gamepedia made a post about how to migrate you edits / points.

Once the move is fully done, on Klei's end we'll be posting about it in a few places to create links to it in order to help nudge search engine results towards it versus the old one. Hope that helps clear up what's going on, and we hope the new wiki experience is much MUCH better.

I hope the new wiki doesn't get a 'Strategy' section with advice like:

- Killing beefalo herds by planting pinecones at night then burning them

- Defeating the deerclops using a pan flute and 10 gunpowder

- Using a bug net on killer bees and mosquitoes instead of just using a weapon as a 'safer alternative'

Remember that a lot of new players use wikis as a learning resource, and possibly a lot of newcomers get overwhelmed by the game when they follow outdated or outright terrible advice on the wiki. Here's hoping that there will more contributors on the new one to minimise incorrect or outdated information as much as possible.

27 minutes ago, Corey said:

If you're interested in assisting with the Wiki on the new Gamepedia platform your help would be greatly appreciated!

We currently have a Discord channel setup

Thanks for all the info! I'd love to help out. I have a Gamepedia account set up and I'd be glad to join the discord too

I went to gampedia to make an account. Page 1 Gampedia has merged with twitch and I see a log in button for both platforms. I click on gamepedia and am redirected to log into twitch first. I try to log into twitch and am redirected back to page 1. Looks like I'm going to be in this loop for awhile.

Edit: removing cookies fixes the issue.

Thanks Corey!

A request I'd love to see implemented in the new wiki is a better official art section. Google Images and such tend to be all over the place. If there were organized art from the official art crew, I'd really appreciate it(as a artist as well). I had to make my own personal art book with assets and such just so I could get quickhand on the art style.

Can someone answer the following questions, I couldn't find any info in the wiki:

What items does moleworms steal besides minerals, thermal stones, and turfs? I'm building a cave base and I'd like to know what I can safely put on the carpet and what I should keep in a chest. Do they steal: Bundled Supplies, Amulets, etc...?

Does Grass Geekos spawns in the caves? I need to know this in order to make a pen or not for my grass.

Does the mushroom planter has to be planted in the sunlight for it to work? What about drying racks?

33 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

Can someone answer the following questions, I couldn't find any info in the wiki:

What items does moleworms steal besides minerals, thermal stones, and turfs? I'm building a cave base and I'd like to know what I can safely put on the carpet and what I should keep in a chest. Do they steal: Bundled Supplies, Amulets, etc...?

Does Grass Geekos spawns in the caves? I need to know this in order to make a pen or not for my grass.

Does the mushroom planter has to be planted in the sunlight for it to work? What about drying racks?

They don't steal amulets, but they will take trinkets and, I believe, gunpowder, setting it off.

2 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

What items does moleworms steal besides minerals, thermal stones, and turfs?

Ashes
Charcoal
Chilled Lavae
Cut Stone
Flint
Gears
Gems
Gold Nugget
Gunpowder
Ice
Marble
Marble Bean