[Game Update] - 215079

• Developer
  • Fixed bug where Birchnutters can still escape while frozen.
  • Fixed missing emote sounds for /sit and /squat
  • Fixed missing mount sounds for yawn animation.
  • Fixed missing dirt in dug Spiky Bush animations.
  • Fixed incorrect inspect strings for picked Succulents.
  • Fixed bug where hover text may not reset correctly on mod configuration screen.
  • Fixed rarity of the The Ancient Explorer.

View full update

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

But... that doesn't make sense. You don't use those skins to make the endothermic pits.

Floppy miner hat doesn't make sense either.

Also I lust for endothermic mini monument.

Edited by cactusarms
  • Like 2

• Developer
1 minute ago, cactusarms said:

Oh, I thought you crafted it right of the bat as long as you owned the stroppy flaw hat.

You can do that as well, but you require the item that can have that skin. As long as you have the skin in your inventory you can do it, it's like you used it on the straw hat, then on the miner hat.

But you don't use a fire pit to craft an endothermic pit.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cookiepersonofdoom said:

wait what!? but I thount that you only get that from the metheus puzzle!

Last time I checked it was classified as Elegant, although still unobtainable without the Metheus Puzzle (keep in mind he's talking about the ancient explorer, not the ancient cane)

• Like 1

Wonder how long they plan on jerking the community around with these filler updates, before they actually do something.

Or are they literally bidding their time before they sneak something important into one of these inconsequential fix updates.

4 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Last time I checked it was classified as Elegant, although still unobtainable without the Metheus Puzzle (keep in mind he's talking about the ancient explorer, not the ancient cane)

4 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

It was marked as an elegant before

oh now I understand what it meant thx you I thount it meant it can drop from gifts lol

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Wonder how long they plan on jerking the community around with these filler updates, before they actually do something.

Or are they literally bidding their time before they sneak something important into one of these inconsequential fix updates.

Fixed bug where Wilson's beard would become transparent.

Fixed invincibility bug when eating jellybeans.

Added rose skins.

Fixed bug where Webber would randomly have umlauts in his speech.

Fixed a bug where terrorbeak and nightmare beak would run around in circles instead of targeting the player.

Fixed a bug where rain would not show in Autumn.

Fixed a bug where firepit skins could not be applied to endothermic firepit.

Edited by cactusarms
  • Like 4

Just now, cactusarms said:

Added rose skins.

Fixed a bug where terrorbeak and nightmare beak would run around in circles instead of targeting the player.

Fixed bug where Wigfrid's model would sometimes be replaced with a fridge.

Improved loading time of NPC dialogue.

Fixed bug where Wendy would sometimes be Abigail.

Winona is now a playable character.

Reduced the physical radius of Tesla trees.

Improved drop table for frogs.

Fixed bug where Wolfgang would sometimes kill everything.

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

It's a balance between time invested in adding new content and fixing old content.

Klei doesn't have unlimited resources and budgets are formed via priority queues to get things done.

If you got into modding, then you could create your own content too.

Then you'd be limited not by another's time limits but by your own.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug where Birchnutters can still escape while frozen.
  • Fixed missing emote sounds for /sit and /squat
  • Fixed missing mount sounds for yawn animation.
  • Fixed missing dirt in dug Spiky Bush animations.
  • Fixed incorrect inspect strings for picked Succulents.
  • Fixed bug where hover text may not reset correctly on mod configuration screen.
  • Fixed rarity of the The Ancient Explorer.

View full update

Would the Bumble spear skin ever be usable on the Battle spear, Feels left out man :( 

Edited by XBloodRaven

Just now, CarlZalph said:

It's a balance between time invested in adding new content and fixing old content.

Klei doesn't have unlimited resources and budgets are formed via priority queues to get things done.

If you got into modding, then you could create your own content too.

Then you'd be limited not by another's time limits but by your own.

Oh wow really. Developers aren't omnipresent. Never knew that. You are genius for figuring this out.

Actually was referring to the fact that the developers have made no real statement or acknowledgement to games transition from ANR, and thus right now the entire game is in an obscure stasis where the community knows absolutely nothing about what is supposed to be happening. Which is highly unusual and awkward for a company to do to their playerbase when a game is in the post stages of its life, and thus the game and community are depending on the developers updates to keep it fresh. You know, that whole thing.

It was a well discussed topic before and after the Metheus puzzle because the developers then and now have said nothing about what they are actually doing; since they have reached the end of the road map they originally laid out. 

Perhaps some people forgot about this entire concept. Perhaps.

52 minutes ago, cactusarms said:

Added rose skins.

45 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Fixed bug where Wigfrid's model would sometimes be replaced with a fridge.

Improved loading time of NPC dialogue.

Fixed bug where Wendy would sometimes be Abigail.

Winona is now a playable character.

Reduced the physical radius of Tesla trees.

Improved drop table for frogs.

Fixed bug where Wolfgang would sometimes kill everything.

@V2C ... I can feel the burn of you getting

boom-roasted-qcdpcg.jpg

Not trying to be snarky, I just see their point...

But not to worry. Reading the suggestions topic more perhaps could be a benefit us all, because to be honest, these bugs are quite insignificant in comparison to a large chunk of the game's balance and some other visual aspects of it.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

28 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Oh wow really. Developers aren't omnipresent. Never knew that. You are genius for figuring this out.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Actually was referring to the fact that the developers have made no real statement or acknowledgement to games transition from ANR, and thus right now the entire game is in an obscure stasis where the community knows absolutely nothing about what is supposed to be happening. Which is highly unusual and awkward for a company to do to their playerbase when a game is in the post stages of its life, and thus the game and community are depending on the developers updates to keep it fresh. You know, that whole thing.

It was a well discussed topic before and after the Metheus puzzle because the developers then and now have said nothing about what they are actually doing; since they have reached the end of the road map they originally laid out. 

Perhaps some people forgot about this entire concept. Perhaps.

Having a roadmap is nice to see but isn't required.

We know there's the other character, and in the last video released there's a face in the broken portal where Charlie is at.

I'd wager that the character is going to be the focus for the next while with bugfixes along the way.

Personally I'm not one to need a constant supply of new content to find the game enjoyable.

I know a lot of people play games only for the new content and then move on to the next, but I focus on a few games and make the most out of 'em.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, XBloodRaven said:

Would the Bumble spear skin ever be usable on the Battle spear, Feels left out man :( 

I would rather a triumphant, GOH or survivor skin for it along with the helmet. Would take a while to do it though

• Like 3