Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Master Jand

'Missing' Event Skins

Recommended Posts

Master Jand    1,531

So, for the holidays we got jingly Wreathes and Christmas Stuff, for Hallowed Nights we got costumes. A very lucky YotG followed with Lunar robes and chicken feet. Hearting and swooning for Valentine's Day, but... No Saint Patrick's Day skins, no Easter skins. let's hope for more soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think they won't add it because they have still a lot of stuff to make such as explaining what the main thing is happening in the games

giving the game personality because if they just add new skins its just plain old skins than just the biggest surprises in your lifetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
54 minutes ago, cactusarms said:

What do leprechauns and Jesus have to do with black shadow magic?

What does love, Santa, Trick-or-Treating, and the celebration of a new year have to do with shadow magic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
3 minutes ago, cactusarms said:

Well, They see monsters like Klaus and Krampus, and they associate their appearance with Santa. And it would be nice to celebrate their time celebrating and having fun to help relieve the stress of being trapped. And halloween is kind of scary monsters and shadows. And why not celebrate how long they lived with a nice new year celebration.

And you think these other holidays can't be twisted to fit the DS(T) theme? Ok.

EDIT: Wait, What? Where did that post go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cactusarms    478
1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

And you think these other holidays can't be twisted to fit the DS(T) theme? Ok.

Forget I said anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
Just now, cactusarms said:

Forget I said anything.

Too late. You posted something on the internet for a few seconds then deleted it. Now the whole world knows about it. That's how this whole internet thing works. =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cactusarms    478
17 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Too late. You posted something on MY turf! You will regret that decision for the rest of your life. nome will cast you down with lightning of the mighty Potato Cup

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arlesienne    8,985
2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

What does love, Santa, Trick-or-Treating, and the celebration of a new year have to do with shadow magic?

Well... *behold, writer at work*...

Firstly shadow magic is based on extreme desires; love can be one's hamartia. So is greed (Santa and begging for sweets). A new year is the time you swear to being anew, but in all honesty you repeat everything over and over until all that's left in your wake is ruin, despair and void with some chance of old pleated shirts. Similarly people in love band up to enjoy various festivities like Winter's Feast or Hallowed Nights, even Year of the Gobbler. It is all prone to becoming a tragic flaw that abusing shadow magic is.

See? Shadow magic all along. I do good work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Well... *behold, writer at work*...

Firstly shadow magic is based on extreme desires; love can be one's hamartia. So is greed (Santa and begging for sweets). A new year is the time you swear to being anew, but in all honesty you repeat everything over and over until all that's left in your wake is ruin, despair and void with some chance of old pleated shirts. Similarly people in love band up to enjoy various festivities like Winter's Feast or Hallowed Nights, even Year of the Gobbler. It is all prone to becoming a tragic flaw that abusing shadow magic is.

See? Shadow magic all along. I do good work.

 

So begging for sweets (Easter) and having a huge, drunken party with green food coloring in everything (St. Patrick's day) don't fit? Seems like they'd fit in to me for similar reasons as Winter Holidays and New Years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    60,449
3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

So begging for sweets (Easter) and having a huge, drunken party with green food coloring in everything (St. Patrick's day) don't fit? Seems like they'd fit in to me for similar reasons as Winter Holidays and New Years.

starvers celebrating beer day.png

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3,083
3 hours ago, minespatch said:

starvers celebrating beer day.png

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Wes looks so dainty its adorable
Maxwell " I'm DISPLEASED"
What are you doing with Wigfrids Battle Spear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeschwutz    1,035
6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

 

7 hours ago, cactusarms said:

What do leprechauns and Jesus have to do with black shadow magic?

What does love, Santa, Trick-or-Treating, and the celebration of a new year have to do with shadow magic?

 

 

If I were to deduce this statement and its reason it doesn't have a relationship towards shadow magic or even the lore. It's practically for us (players) to enjoy Don't Starve Together. My experience for Winter Feast gave me enjoyment on DST as I am like on the day of Christmas added to @PanAzej Christmas themed mod which was featured by Klei. Another thought is how all of the  Klei developers created these events on the whim while close to  real life holidays happening as for enjoyment and other reasons. Only to celebrate the holidays with their beloved community through creating new event themed content that brings smiles to both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    60,449
1 hour ago, Donke60 said:
  1. Wes looks so dainty its adorable
  2. What are you doing with Wigfrids Battle Spear?
  1. The mug is freaking huge, he's trying to chug from it.
  2. ME? What about me? That's wigfrid holding it. She's cheering on the beefcake party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3,083
3 hours ago, minespatch said:

ME? What about me? That's wigfrid holding it. She's cheering on the beefcake party.

Well..uh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tosh    560

If Klei ever does a St. Patrick's day event, I really hope they avoid all the clichés (leprechauns, shamrocks and the colour green). Honestly, nothing is more cringeworthy to an Irish native. An event where snakes spawn from bushes and digging up graves yields butter would be a much better representation of the culture and Folklore. Maybe even skin jellybeans to look like poteen. 

In terms of skins I'd say a crozier walking stick, or a reliquary chest could work quite well. Characters could be made look like the Tuatha de Danaan or the Fianna: Wicker, Wendy and Wigfrid would be perfect for the Morrigna; Wolfgang could be Cúchailainn, while Wilson could be Dian Cecht. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    60,449
14 hours ago, Tosh said:

If Klei ever does a St. Patrick's day event, I really hope they avoid all the clichés (leprechauns, shamrocks and the colour green). Honestly, nothing is more cringeworthy to an Irish native. An event where snakes spawn from bushes and digging up graves yields butter would be a much better representation of the culture and Folklore. Maybe even skin jellybeans to look like poteen.

CRAFTABLE SWEET/POTATO CUPS!Ariel shoujo weebie.png

14 hours ago, cactusarms said:

But then Wendy and Webber can't have any fun.

Hey, sorry about that. The picture was originally supposed to be just Wilson and Woodie but people prompted the others into the image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mananu    229

For the first time I would be so proud to wear a skirt in the St. Patrick's day event as... Wilson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites