[Game Update] - 214724

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Actually, they get a small cut of the market transactions. But so what? That's a good thing, because it's an incentive for them to keep making more skins, rather than abandoning DST for the development of new games that they can realize a profit on.

A pro tip for those who object to this sort of thing: When you are a grown-up and mom and dad are no longer paying for everything, you do have to prioritize activities that can earn you an income so that you can pay for your rent/mortgage and groceries. As it is, I don't understand how Klei can go on making so much free content, like the entire ANR update, and still pay the bills. I would happily pay for anything further they add to the DS franchise. I buy the mobile games even though I don't really enjoy playing them, just to support them. If you want nice things, you have to be willing to support the people who make them.

This Strengthens your case =P Klei making free updates is amazing.. considering the costs..

• Like 2

Thanks. I don't really understand why people complain about this stuff. All the DS games I've bought have been very reasonably priced, and if you divide the cost up by the number of hours of fun they've given me, they are the best entertainment value for the dollar that I've ever gotten by FAR. Why people who'll pay $15 for a two-hour movie gripe about paying even twice that for a game they'll play for hundreds of hours, let alone totally optional skins is a mystery, except for the obvious fact that no one ever wants to pay for anything, I guess.

15 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Thanks. I don't really understand why people complain about this stuff. All the DS games I've bought have been very reasonably priced, and if you divide the cost up by the number of hours of fun they've given me, they are the best entertainment value for the dollar that I've ever gotten by FAR. Why people who'll pay $15 for a two-hour movie gripe about paying even twice that for a game they'll play for hundreds of hours, let alone totally optional skins is a mystery, except for the obvious fact that no one ever wants to pay for anything, I guess.

Guys. GUYS.

He was  J O K I N G .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cactusarms said:

I would like the option to use firepit skins on the endothermic firepit

I honestly think that the bone pit should have originally been a skin for the endothermic firepit. It looks to fit better in terms of design, so not sure why they made it for the normal firepit to begin with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onetel21 said:

Excuse me? You can win the skins just by playing every week. Furthermore you ALL are:

1) NOT forced to buy them. Ehy guys, Steam trades, ever heard of that? :)

2) NOT forced to buy them : it's a skin , won't give you any addictional skill

3) NOT forced to spend any money on it: Drop yourself a rare skin which you don't like , sell it for x €/$ and buy the skin you like for y €/$

They literally get NO money out of the skins. Only players do ^_^

You really should pay attention to the context.

16 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Okay, since all of the updates came from suggestions, here is mine.

For each of the Triumphant, GOH and Survivor skins, there will be a character specific item for it too

GOH Wilson=GOH Beard

Triumphant Wendy=Triumphant Abigail/Flower

Survivor Maxwell=Survivor Codex Umbra and possibly Shadow minions

You should probably get what I mean by now. I hope my prayers will be answered :)

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've been wanting this for a very long time now.

Since we're finally getting stuff like this officially...shameless plug time?

If anyone is interested in this all happening and can work well with Spriter, we could use help.

5830b3b9a7b7a_Lineup(Topic).thumb.png.31

This project has been going on for a while, we just haven't been able to find anyone who can implement the assets correctly.
To be clear: we basically need Spriter projects that can display the vanilla versions of each item correctly, preferably without that weird resizing bug that makes everything blurry.
Further assets can be made when progress is made. There are plans for Werebeavers, spider nests...ect.
Send a message if interested. I'm usually on the forum at least once a day.

13 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Not only Wx, but sadly also Wolfgang. Wicker has the books, and maybe a new animation or something etc.

Webber and Wilson only have their beard. (It would be funny though to see allied spiders with skins too :p lots of GOH Spiders just walking around)

Mm...with WX, particles could be added? Particularly for Triumphant.
When they're charged, shadow puffs occasionally show up within the lighting area. Something like that.
GOH, shiny sparkle particles.
This pondering is for official changes, I'm not sure of how difficult it would be to implement mod-wise since the particle addition would be something new rather than something replaced.

...no ideas for Wolfgang. .-.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:
  1. You know what'd be cool? Untriumphant Maxwell's Codex is actually a tiny floating tophat, which he pulls shadow puppets out of. It could be called "Umbra Petasum" which means Shadow Hat in Latin, according to Google Translate.
  2. Survivor Woodie could have a rusted Lucy, GoH Lucy could have a little bow or something, Triumphant Lucy could be polished with a darker wood as the handle.
  1. eeeeeeeeee! I'd totally be for that. IT'd fit the poster from the William Carter puzzles.
  2. Dammit @Pyr0mrcow, I was just going to tag you. :wilson_ecstatic:
5 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Since we're finally getting stuff like this officially...shameless plug time?If anyone is interested in this all happening and can work well with Spriter, we could use help.

5830b3b9a7b7a_Lineup(Topic).thumb.png.31

5 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

what

Blame Giddyguy.ariel ID face.png

• Like 8

14 hours ago, cactusarms said:

I would like the option to use firepit skins on the endothermic firepit

20 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Backpack skins can be applied to Piggyback and Krampus Sack

I really don't think it is a good idea to different items share the exactly the same skins. Could lead to a lot of confusion.

Edited by Mudley

42 minutes ago, Mudley said:

I really don't think it is a good idea to different items share the exactly the same skins. Could lead to a lot of confusion.

Most fire pit skins don't change the color of the stones, so they could change it so fire pit skins worked for the endo fire pit by turning the stones blue and the flame blue.

I don't know how they could make the backpack skins work for the piggyback or krampus sack so I agree that it would make things confusing.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mudley said:

They could always make the backpack skins more rounded when applied to a piggyback. Would likely be a lot of work though cause they would need to re-draw every backpack skin again. They did mention the skin system is getting some work, so I'm hoping this eventually happens.

• Like 2