Please nerf ancient fuelwearer! I'm begging you!!

1 hour ago, noname167 said:

If you want to see that bug: Rellimarual placed a youtube video in his comment in this topic, open that video and skip to 9:03, you will see the bug i am talking about

But the point of the video is showing how to do it without a telelocator staff. That's why he's using the edge-fighting technique to stay out of the cages. If he had the staff that would not be necessary. Have you tried it with he staff?

3 hours ago, noname167 said:

Even though the game is called "Don't Starve Together", many people still play this game alone. Solo killing bosses in this game should be possible! When i fight ancient fuelweaver, even if i use weatherpain and tank him, after his health is below 10000 he spawns new shield and new woven shadows so fast that i could only hit him 2-4 times after i kill old ones. Also, even if i shoot weatherpain like crazy. he could still eat some of his woven shadows. Plus there is a bug, sometimes when i click to shoot weatherpain, my character is stuck in attack animation, weatherpain doesn't shoot, and i am "frozen" like this for 2 seconds, which makes him eat even more woven shadows. It is extremely hard to kill him in this state. I wouldn't have complained so much if it was just one of the bosses, but he is not like others. Killing this boss does an extremely important thing for gameplay- it regenerates the ruins!!! Raiding ruins is the most funny thing in solo gameplay. Plus now you nerfed gunpowder, which is one of the dumbiest things you have ever made in this game, but that is a differect topic... It was the only way solo kill him before. Klei please understand, this game shouldn't be for multiplayer only!!!

Even if they nerf gunpowder........I'LL STILL CHEESE THIS GAME BOI.

You can't blame them for making A New Reign more multiplayer oriented after the community asked for a multiplayer version of the regular don't starve.
I get it that you want to play the new content alone because I also play DST on my own sometimes. But to nerf a boss just because it's not easy to solo him is a bit stupid for a multiplayer game.

The ancient fuelweaver hasn't been out for a long time so of course it's hard and it can contain some bugs. 
There's nothing wrong with trying and learning from the fight. Even if you don't want to prepare all over again you can just roll your server back to the point before you started fighting him and try again. 

Maybe they'll eventually implement some DST features into single player don't starve and the fuelweaver has less HP. 
But it's funny that at first many people cried for a multiplayer version of don't starve and when it's finally bringing awesome content they want to play alone again.

1 minute ago, Diiitoe said:

You can't blame them for making A New Reign more multiplayer oriented after the community asked for a multiplayer version of the regular don't starve.
I get it that you want to play the new content alone because I also play DST on my own sometimes. But to nerf a boss just because it's not easy to solo him is a bit stupid for a multiplayer game.

The ancient fuelweaver hasn't been out for a long time so of course it's hard and it can contain some bugs. 
There's nothing wrong with trying and learning from the fight. Even if you don't want to prepare all over again you can just roll your server back to the point before you started fighting him and try again. 

Maybe they'll eventually implement some DST features into single player don't starve and the fuelweaver has less HP. 
But it's funny that at first many people cried for a multiplayer version of don't starve and when it's finally bringing awesome content they want to play alone again.

true, we get what we want, but some people don't find it tasteful with other players and they play the game alone. I too play alone most of the time when i'm bored. But the journey is too solo everything with what you got. ;>

Yeah and it's understandable that some people don't play this game too hardcore so they struggle with the HP some of the A New Reign bosses have. 
But that's what the workshop is for and there's nothing wrong with downloading a mod that scales the HP down for single player purposes. 
Even if you don't want to play with other people there are enough mods to tweak your single player experience to a good one. 

2 hours ago, noname167 said:

Interesting! Thanks for reply! In this video he uses a bone trap bug, according to how much klei likes to fix such op bugs, i think they will fix it. Look at 9:03 in this video. This is exactly the bug i am talking about! But it happends to me much more often. Overall, without using this bone cage bug and with this animation bug this fight is rly hard. I should post this video in bug tracker, thanks for this very much <3

Even without using the bone trap near edges technique, you can lazy explorer out of it.  He's not easy to beat solo, but you also don't need to regenerate the ruins to survive.

55 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

But the point of the video is showing how to do it without a telelocator staff. That's why he's using the edge-fighting technique to stay out of the cages. If he had the staff that would not be necessary. Have you tried it with he staff?

?? I am talking about weatherpain animation freeze bug, he uses weatherpain in this video.

1 hour ago, noname167 said:

?? I am talking about weatherpain animation freeze bug, he uses weatherpain in this video.

I meant the lazy explorer, not the telelocator staff. 

You said that the person who made the video was exploiting a bug that Klei might eventually fix by hanging at the edge of the map to avoid the bone traps. My point is that this makes no difference. He only did that, as the video states, because he forgot to make a lazy explorer to get himself out of the bone cages. Do you use the lazy explorer when you try to solo it?

It's unclear why you have the problem with the weatherpain animation that you describe. This player does not have that problem, so it's not universal. Maybe it's a bug or maybe it's something to do with your connection or machine. However, if the weatherpain animation freezing is the only thing that's keeping you from being able to solo it is the weatherpain animation, then ask for that to be fixed. Don't ask for a boss to be nerfed.

18 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I meant the lazy explorer, not the telelocator staff. 

You said that the person who made the video was exploiting a bug that Klei might eventually fix by hanging at the edge of the map to avoid the bone traps. My point is that this makes no difference. He only did that, as the video states, because he forgot to make a lazy explorer to get himself out of the bone cages. Do you use the lazy explorer when you try to solo it?

It's unclear why you have the problem with the weatherpain animation that you describe. This player does not have that problem, so it's not universal. Maybe it's a bug or maybe it's something to do with your connection or machine. However, if the weatherpain animation freezing is the only thing that's keeping you from being able to solo it is the weatherpain animation, then ask for that to be fixed. Don't ask for a boss to be nerfed.

please look at 9:03-9:05 or at 9:10 of the video you sent to me, here he tries to use weatherpain and becomes "frozen" in attack animation for two seconds, can you see it? I have the same problem quite often. I use weatherpain on him and get frozen like this and he heals himself too much, plus due to this i waste more time to kill woven shadows and have less time before he spawns new shield. Perhaps if this bug will be fixed, it would be easier for me to fight this boss, yet i have serious problems

18 minutes ago, noname167 said:

please look at 9:03-9:05 or at 9:10 of the video you sent to me, here he tries to use weatherpain and becomes "frozen" in attack animation for two seconds, can you see it? I have the same problem quite often. I use weatherpain on him and get frozen like this and he heals himself too much, plus due to this i waste more time to kill woven shadows and have less time before he spawns new shield. Perhaps if this bug will be fixed, it would be easier for me to fight this boss, yet i have serious problems

Ok,then it's very reasonable to ask that this be fixed, but you asked for the boss to be nerfed, too, which is not so reasonable. Also, gotta point out that Helicapuma was still able to successfully kill the boss despite the animation freeze,

Does anyone know if there is a mod that allows player to nerf just one boss or mob, instead of all of them? That might meet the OP's needs.

11 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Ok,then it's very reasonable to ask that this be fixed, but you asked for the boss to be nerfed, too, which is not so reasonable. Also, gotta point out that Helicapuma was still able to successfully kill the boss despite the animation freeze,

Does anyone know if there is a mod that allows player to nerf just one boss or mob, instead of all of them? That might meet the OP's needs.

You're right, but i really wasnt sure that this is a bug or a sort of lag. I don't care actually, i just want this fight to be easier for me. Honestly, i had more issues that the guy on that video. As i stated before, new shield spawned so fast that i couldnt even hit him, mostly because of that animation freeze, but thanks to the video you sent me i am now sure that i am not the only one, and i posted this in klei bug tracker. TY very much again!!!

13 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

In which, as a solo player yourself, definitely are included. You're part of the small group, use the mods.

I see we have different meanings of "small", or maybe you havent played this game as much as me. I've played DST for 992 hours (in steam), i've seen people that like to play it alone sometimes.

Here's some advice: Git gud.

But no, in all seriousness, just practice fighting him. Make a test world, spawn in weapons, armor, food, ect. then teleport to the ancient gateway to begin practice. Just practice, practice, practice. Watch some videos or read some guides on fighting the boss. Try these strategies out for yourself. And once you finally feel confident enough, go fight the boss for real.

10 minutes ago, noname167 said:

I see we have different meanings of "small", or maybe you havent played this game as much as me. I've played DST for 992 hours (in steam), i've seen people that like to play it alone sometimes.

No one ever made mention to play time. @t1morino88eex was just saying you're in the minority group because you're a solo player. Yes, there's a lot of people who play solo, but compared to the entire playerbase, we're still in the minority here.

19 minutes ago, Histekia said:

How about this Mod for help? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764204839

Its named Automatic Health Adjust
and is good if you want to scale the HP based on the number of players

It is a good mod, but I'm pretty sure you can't use it to adjust the health of a single mob. The OP only wants the Fuel Weaver nerfed.

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

Here's some advice: Git gud.

But no, in all seriousness, just practice fighting him. Make a test world, spawn in weapons, armor, food, ect. then teleport to the ancient gateway to begin practice. Just practice, practice, practice. Watch some videos or read some guides on fighting the boss. Try these strategies out for yourself. And once you finally feel confident enough, go fight the boss for real.

No one ever made mention to play time. @t1morino88eex was just saying you're in the minority group because you're a solo player. Yes, there's a lot of people who play solo, but compared to the entire playerbase, we're still in the minority here.

You'd think i havent done that. But i guess thats all i got, do it again and again, unless they fix that bug or nerf him

23 hours ago, noname167 said:

... It seems to me that your entire perspective on this game differs from the community. Not just a single definition with one person. I mean the entire community is disagreeing with you here. I play mostly solo and I don't want the boss nerfed... It has already been stated that you should have reported the bug that is ailing you rather than demand the boss be nerfed or install a mod to help you, but that doesn't seem satisfactory to you... Instead you want to go against the wishes of the entire Dont starve Together Community or at least the majority of it and demand a nerf to a boss because it doesn't have a heart attack at the very sight of you. Either you are trolling or some alternative that would not be appropriate for discussion on the forums, and then you call everyone who politely replied to you an 8 year old... I mean... sorry for being rude here but you have 3 options: report the bug and install the mod, admit that your wrong and still have more to learn and try to fight the boss alone without mods, or continue to publicly throw a tantrum and alienate everyone that politely offered you legitimate suggestions and explained why you cannot just demand the boss be nerfed on a whim.

Note: I will not read your reply nor will I respond to it, because if you choose option three it's clear that your trolling or...

On 4/22/2017 at 4:15 AM, Mananu said:

First of all, I replied to you in a polite way. Second, I gave you the link for the mod of tweaking bosses HP if you really want that bad to kill every boss with 1 hit. At least a ''thank you'' could work.

Giving a mod as a 'solution' doesn't seem very polite to me. Many people can't use mods (weak computers, console players, non cheaters) and those people get really frustrated at the community trying to shove mods down our throat

Archived