[Game Update] - 214001

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

We have been talking about making changes for a long long time - However, there is only so much time to develop things. ANR took a significant amount of effort and the moment that it was "out the door" so to speak, these changes were being made.

The thing is, like always; we try not to say anything about something until it's ready and we know for sure it's going to happen as we think it will. This was the team's highest priority post ANR, so now It's ready! =)

They did it ! The absolute madmen ! Thank you for the vote changes !

Does it mean we can now ask for plenty of quality of life changes ? :)

2 hours ago, Mananu said:

The community must be a little bit more patient when it's about game updates.

Don't blame the community, the issue with vote and grief voting was really annoying and since a long time, not some weeks, so it's understandable that, without any word from klei, they weren't hoping for a change.

And i also understand why Klei didn't promise anything, because a change like that can't be like "a day it will come" because people are even more frustrated, especially if between the message and the change there is a long time.

I'm glad Klei did the change, it's a great new for players in public servers, it was a long waited and requested change and i'm happy they listened and they were finally able to put the change, but no, i don't feel like the community must be a bit more patient, because community waited a long time and because when you are annoyed by griefers like that, waiting means that your pleasure of playing is ruined by others players.

I'm not saying that patience isn't a good thing, being patient is always better, i'm saying that community were patient already. Maybe disappointed, but still patient. Even the last topic was mostly people saying they are sad because griefer deprive them of a possibility, but still polite and respectful for the most part, and trying to find a solution themselves.

Anyway, i'm very glad to see a change about this. Hope it will be enough to solve most of the probs :)

Edited by Lumina
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

@Instant-NoodlesMind posting the new animations for the beefalo?

Sure.  Here you go:

Mounted Bow / Mounted Sleepy / Mounted Yawn

Spoiler

wilson_mounted_bow.gif wilson_mounted_sleepy.gif wilson_mounted_yawn.gif

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

By the way, if I get an Unknown Blueprint, I got it because there isn't any recipe that I could learn, or why? Never really understood, as sometimes I got these even if I didn't learn everything yet. 

I believe Unknown Blueprints were character specific recipes (ex. Bernie, Wickerbottom Books) or mod-specific recipes that were previously (but no longer) enabled.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

No change in critters huh?

-.-

I don't know if you noticed, but this update is mostly for bug fix, abuse fix (vote griefer) and polishing existing content (emotes...). Not a content update.

I'm not agaisnt change for critters but i don't understand why you should expect a change, because none is announced as far as i know, and, since it's an important amount of work, why you should expect a change soon, especially in an update that is already a lot of work.

• Like 1

You do not know how happy i was to see this update, vote trolls have been annoying me for a long time. It's always a game of detective when you play on a server with vote abusers, and i got accused and kicked a couple of times in my day just because of a troll deciding that he doesn't want me to play the game. Now if only the players learned to not instantly click "yes" unless they know the context of the kick...

• Developer
7 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

ITT: People getting mad at Curator saying "Rose collection" when it's all they post about, just because it's Curator

I thought it was already an inside joke where a user would requet them as a joke and another would complain about it, usually as a joke as well.

I liked it.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Now THAT'S the Willow we know and love.

Does that really make such a huge difference? I feel like Willow is still just a bit better then Wes now :( i would like her to be just.. better. Not to play her, i'm not interested at all, but to see her played sometimes on the un-modded servers. It's nice to see variety, it's the main reason why i want the SW characters to join the party :(

By the way .. About the vote kick upgrade, which is AWESOME .. What about a "Regenerate World" fix too? Same rule applies. I feel like only people who survived 20 days or the OLDEST player on the server should have the right to say "ok boyz we manured up the world, let's begin again! :D " Think about this Klei!