Sign in to follow this  
The Curator

Client Mod to Remove Cosmetic Sanity Effects?

Recommended Posts

The Curator    1154

Is it possible, and if so does it exist at the moment.

Insanity can be obnoxious if you're near it for long periods of time, but it's a part of the game.

Only problem is, Maxwell is at low sanity permanently while having his puppets out. Which is the biggest turn-off is that you can't even have two Duelists without your screen colour washing out and the little sounds starting up. And if your sanity drains at all from there it will only get worse. Believe he can have out one Duelist or Gatherer without it effecting anything, only one.

Any more then that, and the eyesore begins, which is a needless irritant. Much like Abigail's random ghost sounds and her constant floating around the screen. Makes it really hard to play Maxwell knowing that taking advantage of even a few of his minions will mess up the game appearance.

Which would be another interesting possibility if Abigail became invisible and silent while she isn't fighting. So that she too would not be a sensory third-wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    4542

The things there that I made don't support the colour cube, though.

I haven't looked at the cube code in a while but last I knew it was a local variable and not easily accessed in the mod API, let me check again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Curator    1154
17 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

The things there that I made don't support the colour cube, though.

I haven't looked at the cube code in a while but last I knew it was a local variable and not easily accessed in the mod API, let me check again.

By the colour cube are you referring to the saturation changes that sanity causes? The mod references the sanity overlay, but would assume that is referring to the red veins. They aren't so much of a problem as everything on the screen being paler.

And insanity during the winter is damned blindness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    4542
Just now, The Curator said:

By the colour cube are you referring to the saturation changes that sanity causes? The mod references the sanity overlay, but would assume that is referring to the red veins. They aren't so much of a problem as everything on the screen being paler.

And insanity during the winter is damned blindness.

Yeah the colour cube is the hue/saturation shifts applied in the post processing routines.

I've been looking over the code and it's still a lot of local stuff.

However I just noticed that the insanity one has its own channel to use, so I may be able to just use an ongameframe to force it to have no lerp value to turn off its effects.

It'd be better performance wise to just kill the lerp from changing, but it's using a C-side LUA proxy so hooking into when the PostProcessor applies the changes isn't quite possible as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Curator    1154
2 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Yeah the colour cube is the hue/saturation shifts applied in the post processing routines.

I've been looking over the code and it's still a lot of local stuff.

However I just noticed that the insanity one has its own channel to use, so I may be able to just use an ongameframe to force it to have no lerp value to turn off its effects.

It'd be better performance wise to just kill the lerp from changing, but it's using a C-side LUA proxy so hooking into when the PostProcessor applies the changes isn't quite possible as far as I know.

Well if you find any way to disable the saturation, would be fantastic for Maxwells everywhere that get sick of the insanity.

Either way, whatever you choose if you can find a way to shut it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    4542
1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Well if you find any way to disable the saturation, would be fantastic for Maxwells everywhere that get sick of the insanity.

Either way, whatever you choose if you can find a way to shut it off.

Well doing any sort of hooking results in a flash on sanity deltas, and I can't really remove the sanity delta event listener because the function is a hidden local callback.

I looked at how another colour cube mod does its magic, and it's just replacing the base colourcube component file entirely.

I tried shoving a replacement colourcube texture file to use instead of the insanity ones, but the C-side put up an assertion:

Quote

Assert failure 'src != INVALID_RESOURCE_HANDLE' at ..\source\game\components\PostProcessorComponent.cpp(30)

I'm not seeing any real 'nice' way to do this with the mod API without replacing files or other non-updated safe methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Curator    1154
4 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Well doing any sort of hooking results in a flash on sanity deltas, and I can't really remove the sanity delta event listener because the function is a hidden local callback.

I looked at how another colour cube mod does its magic, and it's just replacing the base colourcube component file entirely.

I tried shoving a replacement colourcube texture file to use instead of the insanity ones, but the C-side put up an assertion:

I'm not seeing any real 'nice' way to do this with the mod API without replacing files or other non-updated safe methods.

Ah oh well, was worth a shot. Doubt it but maybe one day Klei will bother to add the option to change sanity and ghost volume, as well as the sanity effects in general. They already let players disable blur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    4542
19 hours ago, Cherryzion said:

This mod changes colour cubes http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580602983&searchtext=

 

Edit: Never mind, that is outdated and crashes the game.

Yeah, it did a copy paste on the colourcube file and put edits in it.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:00 PM, CarlZalph said:

I looked at how another colour cube mod does its magic, and it's just replacing the base colourcube component file entirely.

It's not nice for mods to do this as it would require the author to update the file every time Klei touches it, and I don't want to have to babysit a mod I put on the workshop to ensure it's up-to-date or else it'll cause very bad things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this