What Lies Beyond? [Spoilers]

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

My site doesn't look like this. The wall has cracks on it but it won't break. Is this due to me not having me and my puzzlebuddy not doing the dst portion yet?

Yes, I think you need to solve the 3rd part of the puzzle as well.

25 minutes ago, minespatch said:

My site doesn't look like this. The wall has cracks on it but it won't break. Is this due to me not having me and my puzzlebuddy not doing the dst portion yet?

I wonder if you will get puzzle reset after completing it as well. (as it did for me and some of the community members)

12 hours ago, HINK said:

Probably this.

WleN7sC.png

I think we're going to need the cane to do something and then we're going to get another skin.

Where did you find those 3 symbols?
If we are gonna get another puzzle

For Charlie's sake, Klei, DON'T make it a 2-player thing, thanks.

10 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Uh... the first page?

I can't get the wall to disappear, even though I did the puzzle twice.

Anyway, the skins are cool, but I expected a longer video, or one that actually hints at more lore. We already knew the whole puzzle was based around the gateway!

10 hours ago, AquaAtia said:

Still betting on a Don't Starve Together adventure mode featuring Charlie as the main villain rather than Maxwell. 

There's been talks of an expansion pack in this thread, whatever happened to Through The Ages by the way?

Sorry , TTA Changed name to ANR and the andventure mode could make just more problems because of : 1.6 Worlds and I dont say the survival mode and caves  2.Even if the world on adventure was reseted it would glitch out and reset the whole world - even the survival 3.Charlie propably destroyed Maxwell Door 4.It would be even worse if Shipwrecked and Adventure mode was added resulting in 5-10 World per one hosting ... so

9 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Sorry , TTA Changed name to ANR and the andventure mode could make just more problems because of : 1.6 Worlds and I dont say the survival mode and caves  2.Even if the world on adventure was reseted it would glitch out and reset the whole world - even the survival 3.Charlie propably destroyed Maxwell Door 4.It would be even worse if Shipwrecked and Adventure mode was added resulting in 5-10 World per one hosting ... so

i was thinking they might do something like they did with the atrium i mean the map for the surface and caves still have alot of space what if they make it so after u activate the gate portals or bridges appear that lead to little islands where special set pieces are idk 

12 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

100% it wouldnt be the same as single-player DS adventure mode so most of your points are invalid.

like, seriously. why would charlie have the same adventure mode if she knew the characters were able to beat it???

7 minutes ago, yujinthegamer said:

i was thinking they might do something like they did with the atrium i mean the map for the surface and caves still have alot of space what if they make it so after u activate the gate portals or bridges appear that lead to little islands where special set pieces are idk 

That reminds me of beta don't starve, when all the set pieces would be on circular islands connected by land bridges. It was odd, it was crappy and yet so nostalgic.

Now to get on topic: I've always felt like ANR shouldn't have ended so soon. It half seemed like the story was concluded, and it half felt like there was still a ton of opportunities left. I'm glad to see that new content will probably make it, especially a new character and actually important lore. Not to mention, the only thing the ancient portal does right now is shake the screen a little bit.

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Does this mean NPC Maxwell only had four fingers due to THEM thinking he was a basic pleb? :wilson_sneaky:

In some cultures fingers are removed for failing to be loyal.

Though I think it might've been the animators being used to a full hand from the AnR trailer:

Spoiler

TW5qNdS.pngboSobgU.png

Then suddenly black magic happens and Wilson lost his finger:

Spoiler

aqWYCRR.png

8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

To add on to the thirteen thing.

• Thirteen found on wall.
  • Thirteen potential notched runes.
  • Thirteen ancients with holes in them.
  • On the thirteenth update the puzzle became interactable
  • 13th is tomorrow, Thursday. Klei's usual update day.
  • Currently 12 character select options (including random). If we got another. That'd be 13. - Credit to @Fidooop

I think there's also going to be a live stream on the 13th around 10:30 PM UTC (An art Live Stream).

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/announcement/51-rhymes-with-play-134-dont-starve-together-art-stream/

4 hours ago, mathem99 said:

The A New Reign trailer featured those three symbols hidden between frames. As well as an image of the Fuelweaver and portal, and some indistinct squiggles.

Every body was screaming that there was a new puzzle, and then ImDaMisterL showed up with a link to the Metheus page that he supposedly stumbled upon. Problem is, the Metheus page was the actual puzzle. The clues in the trailer were never actually used for anything, despite having been the beginning of all this.

But now that people know what the symbols, mostly, mean; nobody is interested in doing anything about it since they're all in withdrawal because they think the puzzle is over.

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

The A New Reign trailer featured those three symbols hidden between frames. As well as an image of the Fuelweaver and portal, and some indistinct squiggles.

Every body was screaming that there was a new puzzle, and then ImDaMisterL showed up with a link to the Metheus page that he supposedly stumbled upon. Problem is, the Metheus page was the actual puzzle. The clues in the trailer were never actually used for anything, despite having been the beginning of all this.

But now that people know what the symbols, mostly, mean; nobody is interested in doing anything about it since they're all in withdrawal because they think the puzzle is over.

Honestly, that's just more reason to think it isn't over. What's the best way to prevent curiosity? Give people the idea they have nothing left to be curious about. 

2 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Honestly, that's just more reason to think it isn't over. What's the best way to prevent curiosity? Give people the idea they have nothing left to be curious about. 

Which unfortunately worked. All the actual theory-testers and data-miners have gone home.

Just now, The Curator said:

Which unfortunately worked. All the actual theory-testers and data-miners have gone home.

What with the 13 madness Zeklo pointed out, they'll probably be back at it once something big shows up again. Only time will tell when will that happen though. 

i hope something will happen when they stream, or there's something in the update (i think there will be an update?)

if you need dataminers i sure am going to check the update for anything new (though i think if there is anything of interest others may outrun me)

It's been weeks since they released the Fuelweaver, and nothing significant has been added since then. And it only takes modders two weeks to a month to make a character, usually. Wouldn't be surprised if they already finished Winona and plan to release her to bridge the gap between A New Reign and whatever they will add to the game to continue where the Fuelweaver fight left off.

The ridiculous presence of thirteen has got to be significant. Honestly, it would be anticlimactic if they put such an emphasis on that date, and then only came out with a roadmap plan or Winona teaser. Actually releasing some significant content out of nowhere would be the only parallel act to how much importance they've put on that date.

Archived