Metheus Puzzle Part 3 (Spoilers!!! Updated With Chest Answers).

Wait..... Let's follow the subtle hints. I also got problem with scrolling all the way to the top of the monolith pages now. Since it was working to scroll to the top before, and now suddenly (and MYSTERIOUSLY) it stopped working, it might* be a hint from the developers to narrow it down and focus on the now-visible parts of the obelisk.

*) There is no technical reason for this happening otherwise! I don't think it can be a technical error / bug.

---

screenshot228.png

This definitely looks like the Tragic Torch, on something that vaguely resembles to the Moon Stone.

Has anyone tried placing a Tragic Torch on the Moon Stone?? This is a far-fetched one, but still.

EDIT:

Well, the Moon Stone is known for transforming things during full moon.

Lunar light catalyzes a strange reaction in its skin.

Wickerbottom, when examining a petrified Werepig.

The new symbols on the ancient match those from the second puzzle/tablets. I assumed that they represented the number of items you have to put in each slots. The symbol with only 1 tick at the top likely represent the number one since it's always linked to 2 items : Staff and Living Animal which are non-stackable.

Now there are 3 ancients that have the symbols and one of them represent that number 1. Problem is, he is carrying four carrots so either my interpretation are wrong and it's not number 1 or it has nothing to do with the items in their carts (new minecart items confirmed?). We need to find out that counting system to get further.

Something to keep in mind, maybe it's unimportant but there are others ancients with skull symbols on them in the third mural.

Of possible note - The symbols we are assuming numeric do have reflective symmetry pairs on the top/left bottom/right axis. At least, according to the last complete symbol dictionary I saw.

Edit: I am unsure if this is the right place, or if this has come up before - but it is datamined from the chest update. If it is considered bad form to look at the files when feeling otherwise useless, do let be know and I will take this down.

Spoiler

On success, the sacred chest will cause a server announcement that "Your presence has been noticed..."

7 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

According to Google, Icelandic, Old English and Russian have 32 letter alphabets. :pp Latin seems to have fewer, though. Too bad I'm not a linguistic mastermind.

EDIT:

Don't forget the three glyphs from the trailer. They show up when the moon event gets activated. Anything related to 'moon' with three letters...?

anything have to do with the blood moon we just had?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/10/when-is-the-pink-moon-in-april-2017-and-what-is-the-meaning-of-its-name-6564809/

Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

I'm assuming he got a lucky bunch of symbols that were already decrypted, and matched them up with his partner's numbers then put the items in the chest. it's mostly RNG and luck anyway

LOL nothing about this puzzle is luck or RNG dude

Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

I'm assuming he got a lucky bunch of symbols that were already decrypted, and matched them up with his partner's numbers then put the items in the chest. it's mostly RNG and luck anyway

We have to wait for the guy to share his method (only if he is not selfish).

1 minute ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Trust me, the puzzle is /VERY/ easy as soon as you get the hang of it. I recommend to just re-do the puzzle until you get a lucky bunch of symbols.

Also, could someone please respond with the tile numbers?  I can't find them anymore.

Archived